Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm and plans Star Wars 7 in 2015

It has been a super long time since I read any of the books, but I'm pretty sure I read the Thrawn Trilogy as well. Sun Crusher sounds familiar but I can't remember if it was just mentioned in another book or not.

Oh, and I meant for the Han Solo Trilogy to be sort of a prequel like ep1-3 were.

2. Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm and plans Star Wars 7 in 2015

Let's welcome the new Disney Princess, Leia.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm and plans Star Wars 7 in 2015

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96569

So it seems it will be an original story, with some elements from the universe?

4. Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm and plans Star Wars 7 in 2015

III was the best of the prequels, but I and II just dragged on and on with what seemed to me like weak acting. If Episodes I and II were merged with a time skip and a few scenes cut out, I'd be happy.

5. Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm and plans Star Wars 7 in 2015

Just when you thought star wars was milked enough?

Spoiler

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I'm Ok with this. Star wars is a vast world of possibilities, but if they want it to succeed they'll have to make it a bit darker than Avengers/marvel movies, because star wars can have funny moments but not as often as those worlds, I don't know what to expect from them now, we can't really go into episode VII without a cliffhanger or base in the previous episodes because without it we would feel like a bit off place, if they are going to finish the Skywalker story, they will have to skip a lot of it or at least only show flashbacks of it, because people still only have one Luke Skywalker on their mind.

7. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Okay now I'm utterly scared. The first E! Online quoted paragraph directly killed any hope of canon being adapted, and the second, with Lucas' quote, essentially said "Disney has the rights to milk this now, and that's the main reason I sold it to them."

Through from a complicated legal standpoint I understand not using the canon, as they'd have to involve/credit/royalty pay dozens of authors, but still. TEARS OF SADNESS.

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

The canons are...well, I thought they could be done better. I mean, I've read all the way to...what was it? The one where
    Spoiler