Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default State of the Southperry - 2012

So, year is nearly over, how's it going?

We've had some instability issues due to the host misconfiguring some stuff, but that should taken care of now, and we've grown enough to have a dedicated webserver and database. We're officially recognized by Nexon now. Sleepywood has died and some of it's mods have joined us. The SPDB is back amongst us and the ranks/etl are gone forever.

That covers a brief recap, but on to the real question, as the year ends, how do you guys think things are?

2. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I only visit social section and, to me, everything is always fine there; I never have problems with mods but from what I see their work is fine. Oh, and some of the changes, like image size limit, I like, it's so much easier when I browse from my celphone.
    Instability issues don't bother me, but maybe that's because of the sections I visit.
    Other than that I wouldn't know.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

it's fine, it just lacks people/active posters

4. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

Looks good. The forums are a bit quiet but I prefer a bit of peace anyway.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

If Southperry didn't give me all these tasks that I have to do eventually, it'll be soo much better for me .

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

We had some people banned, some newbies shine, and more new threads.
    I'd say it'll repeat in 2013.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Southperry continues to be awesome, although it sometimes gets kind of boring around here because of a lack of people.

8. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

That's an odd repeated claim. We get over 400 unique registered members visiting per day, so we don't really seem to be lacking people.

What should the members be doing to be more entertaining and engaging to each other?

9. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I don't browse the Maple forums as much but from what I've seen (compared to when I used to post there actively) it seems rather dry. Though it could be because I stopped caring about the game that most things from it seem like that. I don't see others posting as much too, like Joe and Stereo. It just feels different than it did.

10. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

Pretty much this,

Not SP's community to blame, Maple itself to me, and I'm sure to many other members it's starting to get a bit dull plus there's a buttload of new games due in upcoming months so I don't see that particular section picking up any time soon.

Maple might get a bit more interesting during xmas, I supose.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I don't notice a lack of activity. A lot of people are flocking to the League subforum <3.

12. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

It's just an overall lack of posting (in discussion, anyways). Maybe it's just because we all pretty much agree with each other and there's not really a variety of viewpoints to discuss in many cases. I guess it's not really a lack of people then, but a lack of viewpoints and new ideas.
    Spoiler

But I think the posts that are made on this site are pretty high-quality compared to the repeat posts and threads made on trivial crap you see a lot on Basil and other forums. I can't think of any solutions because the community here is already fairly encouraging towards discussing things, we just really don't have much to talk about.

Overall though, I'd say Southperry is pretty damn awesome.

13. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I like being able to give negative rating to posts without having to explain myself.

Best feature of the year.

14. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I actually like the amount of posts circulating around here to be quite honest. It's not much but they are usually full of quality (quality over quantity right?).

I think my only minor complaint would be that 95% of the time I'm browsing Southperry on my phone so it'd be nice if there is a mobile friendly version (I usually turn off my images when I browse here - especially if I can see the thread will be image heavy). Just wishful thinking though.

15. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

There is - Tap-A-Talk.

16. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I've never had a problem while browsing from my phone. Other than that the tabs up top get all smushed together.

You also forgot to mention that Sarah has seemingly vanished :O

17. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I just started actively using SouthPerry this year, due to my dislike for Basil (although I still use it, but not near as much).
    No real complaints. Moderation and rules, for the most part seem pretty fair to me.

I do wish it was a bit more active, but I'm fine with the quieter, closer community that it is as well.

18. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

She hasn't vanished, she's left.

19. Basic0 Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I 've gained much knowledge here, so as the year is nearly over ,thanks to southperry, closer attention will be paid

20. Default Re: State of the Southperry - 2012

I noticed she was gone but why did she leave?