1. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Basically, can you enhance a shield with W. ATK on it to gain W. ATK as happens with weapons? I would guess not, but just to make sure...

2. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Dragon Khanjar 44, 45, 46 weapon attack exist
    as well as "ImWar's" 27w.att VIP Shield

Is that what you were referring to? @MrTouchnGo

3. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

What he means is, If you apply an Enhancement Scroll to a shield, will it increase weapon attack?

4. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Ah...Now THAT is an interesting question. Is this because of the secondary equipments in KMS?

5. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

More or less because shields have weapon potential now instead of armor potential in KMS

6. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

wahh thats like wearing 2 weapons... o.o

7. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

So is having a Dual Blade/Magical Arrow/Force Shield/Shield of Light/Card/Whatever AB has, Its more to balance out the playing field. You can't wear a shield and one of the new emblems though, so it evens out.

8. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Sorry to hijack, but the answerer to your question might also know this as well:
    Can you fuse the new secondary items like Magical Arrows or is everything now Card-style?

9. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Difference being though that only kataras can be enhanced. No other off-hand equip can have enhance scrolls used on them. (Not sure about burster, assuming her off-hand is like mercedes.)

10. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Hence why the OP asked, if enhancing shields would increase wep att

11. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

I think they added in entirely new off hands for every class, so shields weren't modified at all. Meaning no, they won't add attack.

12. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

I have no idea for Magic Arrows, but you can't fuse Cards.

I learned that the hard way by leveling alchemy on my Phantom and mass buying Cards only to find it doesn't let you at all.

13. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

It's the same with Magic Arrows, I did the same thing you did.

14. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

I was aware of those two instances, I was merely using those items as references.

Oh. I had no idea that Magic Arrows were no longer fusable, I guess that answers my question.

15. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Magic arrows were never fuseable to begin with, to my knowledge.

16. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

That has been my experience too. As for the topic on hand you'd probably have to get a shield with WA and as little of other stats as possible to test since the AEES could enhance other stats, but I would have to say that I think the answer is a 'yes'.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Shields are now classified as Weapons, in addition to the new "2ndary" equips.

A/EE can also add stats to items. There's duped Gold Emerald Earrings that have STR/DEX/INT/LUK on them due to being A/EE'd.

18. Default Re: Are shields now classified as weapons in KMS?

Well, darn it. I completely forgot about that...so that basically means it'd be better if someone actually posts proof that it can be done.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Doesn't really matter if shields are classified as weapons or not.
    The most attack an AEE will add to a weapon with under 50 attack is 1, I believe.
    On the other hand, there's a good chance it will add main-stat. Depending on your stats, 2-4 main stat is equivalent to 1 attack.

Up to you how many Shielding Wards you're willing to buy for such marginal increase in damage.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I don't believe A/EEs add ATK at all to any equips besides weapons and gloves. They always add ATK to weapons, and sometimes to gloves, but never to anything else (as far as I know, anyways, I've never really tried to enhance shields). I'm just wondering if shields have gained the same ability to gain ATK upon enhance as weapons.