Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Title says all. I know some of you here are on the majority of your day from morning to dusk and I was just wondering what you guys do online that compels you to return each day.

2. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Training and getting stronger through my own power usually keeps me compelled to play more. I don't have outside funds to work on my stats for my Pirate but when I do, I plan on making him better and making my own stuff. I don't want hand-me-downs anymore.

3. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Hayato is a self-generation ball of fun!

I'm kidding. Maple sucks. The only reason I ever log in anymore is to invite people into the foreigner guild or talk to my JP friends. Since neither of the two parties hardly ever log in, I've mostly quit (again). I guess it's more like an indefinite hiatus.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Full empress runs.

5. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Empress > Check shop > Browse FM > Do personality traits > Go study.

I no longer care to stay on to talk to my buddy list because I have the majority of them on Facebook anyway.

Personally, slowly upgrading my equipment and my damage range (read: without taking money out of my wallet!) is one of the last few joys I get from Maplestory now. In short, any time I am now on MS I'm also doing something at the same time (usually either watching an anime or reading my notes on the side).

6. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

This feels like an "opinion" thread.

Otherwise, I still have a lot of variables that need to be increased up to their arbitrary cap, namely traits. Bossing can be nice, *especially* if you aren't soloing, although due to my time-zone and offline commitments now I only really do Arkarium semi-regularly and even that is primarily to get up my Ambition variable. Also scrounging upgrades wherever I can is something I do as well, but since I don't want to dip into legendary tier cubing more than absolutely necessary, that's slowly running out of steam.

Most of my Mapling hours are played out mostly in (BL/alliance) silence.

7. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Bosses, sell stuff, do events sometimes.

Outside of that Maple is pretty much just a fancy chat client for me.

That isn't to say, I'm not having fun on Maple though, I still enjoy my time on it greatly.

8. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Haven t logged in for a while. I normally do events and chat with friends because i am too lazy to train, but i have been a bit busy with school and the current events are not anything amazing. When those beauty coupons come back though....

9. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

>Do some MP runs for the coins.
    >Farm Honor if I log on while it's on.
    >Fight Grandpa.
    >Talk to any friends that are on.

That's about it.

10. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

my days usually consist of...
    1. killing arkarium on my mihile for lvl 30 blessing (3/6 days so far)
    2. looking around fm for some good deals
    3. killing hilla/zak/pap/grandpa. sometimes none at all.
    4. leveling up link mules/making equips for future link mules
    5. participate in events, if they peak my interest

the majority of my day is spent alone because most of my maple friends are inactive atm for various reasons. sometimes I kill zak/hilla/grandpa with my boyfran if hes home with me. Honestly, I like being solo-ish atm. I totally lack social interaction but I feel like Im playing at my own pace. I dont feel like I have to rush to 200 or hit cap at 150 like everyone else.

11. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Is ur Mihile Ark Runs in Scania?

To OP:

I increase my range. At least I find ways to (aka merching/selling lewt)

12. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Empress + PB runs, shops, trying to find NX sellers (a lot harder than it should be ), preparing for AB.

I stopped socializing on Maple. Cut down BL to ~8 people.

Been farming homecoming coins (on future AB account)/clean slates on my mercedes lately. Taken up a lot of my time :|
    Only 3 more days...

13. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Raising money for Angelic Burster, then again, that's not really fun, just a long term grind.

14. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

It used to be where I go on, talk to friends, and then sit and AFK in Eurel while I plan out the rest of my maple life till 200.
    Now that I'm 200, well, I'm hardly on. I kinda quit at this point. (And consult to injury, no one's gonna miss me.)

15. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Sounds like an opinion thread to me as well.

As for me, I have fun by crafting (And hopefully saying "That's one less item I'm obliged to cube!"), playing at being a merchant, doing the quests I haven't finished and randomly going on monster hunts. I do less of the latter now as drop rates suck like vacuum cleaners- oh wait.

16. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I play with my friends on Skype and we just goof off at times but that's still fun.

17. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

When I do go on I do mass omokings, and smega to tease people who want me to come back.

18. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

Empress, capping ambition for the day, farming homecoming coins, making money/nx for upgrades.

19. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

1.- I kill barlog, pap, farm familiars, some events(like the artifacts one), and stalk/follow some buddys..
    2.- the fact that i make this things doesn't mean i have fun anyways ._.

20. Default Re: How do you have fun on Maplestory these days?

I feel like the game has nothing left to offer. It peaked for me at '08. That's when I had the most fun doing bosses such as 2-3 party Zak runs and 30man HT runs. Whenever I log in I immediately tab out because my interest wanes by the time I've inputted my pin. There's nothing left for me to do. My character is at it's peak and I don't think I can be bothered to play another class. I can't even find the energy to sell my gear even if it will net me a few thousands. I guess I'll probably just let my account rot until I magically feel like logging in again. Bossing got boring quick after the 1st week. Do I really want to spend an hour killing empress each day all alone and secluded? Like it's so dull; I wish the game had more excitement to it.