1. Default Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

I haven't played in about a year, and LHC is now a themed dungeon. I can't progress past the first tower because it says I need to help Jenn, except Jenn doesn't have a quest for me, and I can't go into the portal next to him without a key... So I have no idea what to do.
    I tried searching the forums, but I can't find a thread with the same problem.

2. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

Gather 200 crocky helms, is one of the earliest parts to the quests in order to move to next map.

3. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

That's what someone else told me, only, there's no quest in my list to collect 200 helms. I guess I should just attempt it and see if anything happens.

4. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

Did you save Jenn's brother yet? I'm pretty sure that's a pre-quest before you can make the First Tower Key.

5. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

I don't think I have any quests that tell me to do that, unless it's the one where I kill Ani?

6. Sassy Stranger Male
    canada

@whybanme; Hm.. did you try getting past the first tower (not the roof), resulting in Luden speaking to you? The first tower key quest should be available after that. You might also want to start Krag's quest(s) just in case that doesn't work, then try entering the portal beyond the first tower again.

Killing Ani is actually the last (or at least one of the last) quests.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

If you have the keys to ani from old LHC you can use them to unlock all the doors.

8. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

Here's what's in my In Progess quests, what I see when I talk to Jenn and Luden.

9. Sassy Stranger Male
    canada

Weird. I literally just started the quest chain on a character that hasn't started yet, rescued Jenn's brother, and started "The First Spell Breaker" quest, which made the First Tower Key quest available.. perhaps you should forfeit The King's Gatekeeper? Maybe restart The First Spell Breaker if that doesn't work?

By the looks of things, you might have used a Hyper Teleport Rock to move around the castle before they made it no longer possible. Might've glitched the quest(s) up, or something. :l

Edit: It also might help to know if you still had a key in your inventory, before the quest chain changed.

10. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

I may have had a key in my inventory, but I don't anymore. I know I played at least once after they had changed it, so I may have dropped it then. Ugh, this is terrible if I can't proceed into LHC.

11. Sassy Stranger Male
    canada

If I remember correctly, they made the keys impossible to drop (and sell to an NPC).. they're removed from your inventory when you advance past the tower (or complete the Spell Breaker quest).

idon'tevenknowanymore.

12. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

They might be that way now, but I know that at some point before they added these quests, you could drop the keys, since I did so on my Mech.

13. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

I do remember dropping my keys, and I think it might have actually been between the time of the "new" castle update and the update that made it so you couldn't drop them. Does that mean I'm f'ucked?

14. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

edit: Nvm.

All I can think of it go forfeit the quest and go start it up again. Also gather up the 200 crocky helms regardless of if you have the quest or not. Followed by attempting to go to the roof of 1st tower again.

15. Default Re: Is there a quest glitch with the "new" Lion Heart Castle?

Wasn't this in the recent Bug Exterminations list under Known Issues?