Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Salutations ^^
    The last time I played Maplestory was in 2008 (I know there's A L O T I've missed out on and has happened, I'm brushing up on it)

Q. Currently I'm in Mardia (world Alliance) should I stay here or start fresh in a new world? Like Windia. For activeness and population sake, I'm not sure which worlds are good to Boss in anymore or have fun, good communities, etc.
    note: I have no issues with starting over and can have healthy access to NX to start funding. Employment ftw.

Q. Besides staple Character Card classes (Demon Slayer, Mechanic, etc.) and those being my mules or recreational characters, which would you suggest as a Main Class or good starting main account to jump start me again (my 1st and current is a Priest)
    My interest and criteria for most games seem to be; Crowd Control Chaining/locks, combo loops, high crit rate abuse, steroids/buffs, and DoTs. But mostly just having a hell of alot of fun! Something unique.

On the Mardia/Alliance world I have a lvl 99 Lukless Priest with decent equipment and about 400mil or so to my name but as much as did love Clerics and still do, I want to come into this with something new on my plate and a different play style in mind instead of being the buff vending machine. Unless Windia or other places are in need of good Bishops but I doubt that.

Any and all advice and help is appreciated, please and thank you :]
    You can PM any tips as well.

2. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Based on what you said about your interest in games, I think the Battle Mage class would be great for you. They have great mob attacks, a lot of critical hits, and they have great party auras that boost your damage, defense, and attack speed. I used to play in Mardia, too, but I left for Windia. I started fresh with no money and it wasn't too unbearable. It would definitely bring something new to the table if you were to start in a new world, and don't worry about your level 99 Priest, you'll probably reach lv120 on any new character within a few weeks!

3. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Your kind of class seems to be a dual blader, they have tons of abilities that you can combo with, lots of buffs, avoidability, and even some DoT if you consider their poison.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

mhm, i'd have to agree, either dualblade or mercedes.

hurricane/phantom blow can lock enemies
    mercedes has eeh mobbing, DB has pretty good mobbing but he has to be in the middle of it
    they both mix and use several skills for training
    they're an archer and a thief, high crit rate comes naturally
    mercedes got a lot of power from their buffs
    both have DOT, via poisons or summons

5. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

To clarify a bit, a DB has nearly infinite 100% crit hit rate due to 3rd job ability shadow meld. Also after maxing mirror target will be easily untouchable for even the poorest funded job really, where jumping into mobs doesn't mean a thing.

I'm afraid I can't contribute too much about what class you can play though other than giving insights on jobs I know about or played before.

6. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Sounds good. Was considering a Shadower for the longest time, and I see that Dual Blades are currently unavailable for creation but the next time that pops up I'll be sure to grab one and start it. And Mercedes does definitely look appealing...very mobile looking and sleek, that potential DPS looks sexy as well. Other than all of that, I was contemplating an Aran, and if I used a controller it would be easier on the hands and feel like im playing an actual fighting game scroller =P

Thanks for the tips so far guys.

7. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

I'd definitely go with a Mercedes or a Dual Blader. Great mobility is something they all have and great damage fits them well. When it comes to scrolling for equipment, check out Awzan scrolls. Those seem to be pretty easy to obtain. That's about the best advice I have so far.

8. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Get out while you still can! Kidding, of course. Welcome back.

Dual Blades have decent comboing, as well as DoT. If/when GMS gets Hayato, you'll want to check him out as well.

9. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Arans are king of mob control, their whole gimmick is combos, they have some crit rate but definitely not as high as DB. They have about 8 buffs that i can recall which keep it pretty powerful, and they have a 3rd job combo finisher that does DoT. Plus if you invest in all the cheap %STR equips right now, you can sell it later when kaiser comes out for a huge profit; or save it for hayato. Then you can spend that money on a DB, and by that time %LUK equips should be cheaper than they are now.

EDIT: If you need any help or have any questions you can whisp or buddy me.

10. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

I have never even heard of those scrolls, I will have to look into them now and see how to get my hands on them. Thanks!

Haha, ikr? That was going to be my first question...should I bother to come back at all?
    And I've seen videos of Hayato, they look stupidly mobile and crazy attack speed frames for a Melee class. But atm are JMS unique.

Oh thank you, I will keep that in mind. Appreciate it!

All in all, I believe I have narrowed down my selection. By default for the Character Card mules, I will have a Demon Slayer and Mechanic, and whether or not they turn out to be fun I will get to experience for myself, who knows one of them could become my main. And Dual Blades aren't available at this time, and I looked into them and watched a lot of videos, and can't say I'm honestly to intrigued by what I saw.

But, Shadower / Aran / and Mercedes are my top 3 choices I have in mind at the moment. I've just always wanted to make a Sindit for some reason but they always seemed out of reach. Aran appears to have a nice unique thing going with the whole button mash combo system, looks so interesting....and Mercedes; well, lmfao so much in one package and amazingly stylish...and those attack frames

I guess that's going to boil down funding and End Game experience for which I chose to be my "main" character.

[note: also in a rut about my gamer name, abandoning my old one, and trying to think of others. Really particular about that =P]

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

High damage against mobs with a class that only hits mobs is not what mob control is. You're thinking of buccs.

% str is like the most expensive exactly for the reason you just gave.

12. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Don't worry too much about funding now. Just max mining/herbing on 3 characters and do part time jobs at least once a day (it takes 6 hours to get max) and sell crafted stuff for mesos or just hoard them. You can also use the profession's system and mass craft lvl 40 items till you get some with 4% stat of what you want. It is really cheap and if you do it with all the equipment u can you can get like 28%~36% main stat.

And you mayalready know this but buy a pet with item and meso pick up. makes life a hell of a lot easier.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if there's one thing against shadowers, is that even though meso explosion crits, you don't see the cool red numbers pop up.

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

The age of the sindit is dead, sir.

15. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

I'm not sure if you are a fan of using a skill build guide, but here's two that I found that may interest you. The first one is for Shadowers and the second is for Mercedes.

http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-346.html

http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-419.html

16. Mercury Straight Male
    russia

iirc they can still do that thing where if they constantly attack the mobs can't do anything, if i was thinking of buccs i would have said buccs. i'm talking about low % stuff, in windia, i know you use STR gear and you probably don't notice all the prices for things that are lower than 15%str, much less log into windia and walk around the FM looking at prices.

17. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Considering what they've added in KMS recently, I don't think that matters.

I would try it out. It's fun, and if you like it who cares?

18. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

Thanks for all the information and tips so far guys. I really appreciate it and it is helping me dwindle down a few things. Also just play testing on a few of the character Jobs is doing a lot of wonders, since oddly enough right now I'm having a lot of fun on this Demon Slayer. How amazing is no mana! I feel like Lee Sin! ^^; And the flying/mobility is really grand.

Mercedes can definitely already pump out that DpS and mob though, and I only have it around level 17 or so, still not use to her Gust and Ladder hax though...

I haven't tried out an Aran yet, though I will go do that soon. One thing though for sure that I'm enjoying after all this time away is the way skills like Mercedes' Gust dash and DS flying, is all at the control of the Arrow keys and it allows for less restrictions and a more fluid experience when controlling the character. They should introduce this to Mages' teleport and a few other classes, like Thieves Flash Jump etc. I know it seems Nexon is trying to put alot of the older classes on Par with the newer ones but, most of these from what I can tell just have so much in one package it's ridiculous.

[Stupid Bonus Question; if anyone won't mind]
    Should I....make my new online persona/name/gamer tag be...
    VirginPop - Azazeell - Lieinwait - or Halloweenis =P ...there is Skyfest but I used this name for MS during the open Beta and she's like level 10 and I do not know the password >__<;

19. Default Re: Re-starting, gone for 4 years; help?

I like the IGNs Azazeell and Lieinwait.

20. Mercury Straight Male
    russia

You probably don't know this, but they made it so if you can press jump twice to FJ. Also some characters have arrow controls for their mobility skills. Skyfest seems like a desirable name.