View Poll Results: Choose your favorite SP Logo!

Voters
331. You may not vote on this poll

78 23.56%

28 8.46%

94 28.40%

23 6.95%

87 26.28%

21 6.34%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

I have no idea what you're referring to.

2. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

I was under the impression that you didn't want any revamp of the feather, not just specifically with "added" goggles

3. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

My only comment regarding feather's was ;

So I'm not certain where you drew that impression from.

4. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

The topic title and first line of the request for this change was even:

Not sure how "no feather at all" ever came into play.

Honestly, I originally voted for #6...but after thinking about it, I would probably have gone for #1. I was half asleep, and I realize now that the red doesn't make sense for the theme of the site.
    #1 combines the feather and SP together in an interesting way, I kind of like it after looking at it longer.
    #2 looks too...plain.
    #3 is almost exactly the same as what we have now.
    #4 is meh...I get that Extractors are a big thing in MS, but I don't see the resemblance to the site, considering I don't think I've ever once seen them mentioned here, and it's certainly not a huge thing for SP.
    #5 is...hmm... I forgot that the anchor was SP's Map logo, but still...it just seems off. Maybe I'm just too used to the feather.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

If only #1 could be modified to be viewable as a favicon. :/

6. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

Five's grown on me a bit since last night.

Seeing as how the anchor comes from MS, and I think the S is from the banner, it's a pretty clever idea. It'd be nice if the S was a darker color, however.

7. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1042141

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

On the contrary. Extractors aren't a particularly big thing in MS. In fact, I suspect most players wouldn't recognize one if they saw it. You're also right that we never mention them on SP.
    However, Extractions are very central to SP. Unlike feathers which have nothing but tradition to tie them to the site.

I find #4 quite brilliant in both idea and execution. I like how it seems to retain all the fine details even at 16x16 (as opposed to #1 which becomes meaningless), and I understand that since the Maple Leaf being extracted has to be red, the rest of the color scheme is pretty much derived from that.

9. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

If it were to be altered a little though, it could be great! (and I think, quite fitting personally)

10. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

1. (Quote Above) This is why the 70 people that voted for #1 confuse me, it looks great 32X32 and Normal, but that 16X16 is such a distraction.
    2. Is very reminiscent of something I've seen before, I don't know what or where, but I feel like I've seen it multiple times before.
    3. A nice little improvement over our current one, except it's essentially the same at 16X16 due to the indistinguishable "SP".
    4. (Quote Above) A play on words and extractions were the first thing that brought me here, very fitting.
    5. I like this one except the "S" is difficult to see and the bottom of the "S" irks me a little. I feel the right-bottom side should appear out of the anchor sooner i.e. move the loop farther to the right. The left-side tail should curve up in front of the anchor and that the base of the "S" is too flat.
    6. Doesn't match the color scheme of the site, nothing new.

I'd say #4 or #5.

11. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

Yeah, I agree.

12. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

I Like 5, You should all vote for 5 :D

13. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

You make a good point about extractions. I didn't really think of it that way.

Honestly, though, if the first time I saw #4 was as 16x16, I probably wouldn't have a clue as to what it was. I can't say that with certainty, considering I look at it now and I can tell what it is, but it certainly wouldn't be an instant thought had I seen it at that size from the start. Hell, if someone showed me that icon out of the blue at that size I would blink a few times before I recognized what I was looking at even now.

As for #1 at the same size...you might not be able to immediately see the "SP" in it, but it still looks pretty decent, and the feather concept is still clearly shown.

I get that the feather isn't really anything other than a tradition to the site, but in that regard taking it away would kind of be like taking the Maple Leaf out of MapleStory and changing it to a Story Book because "Well, story is in the name". Yes, yes, not a perfect analogy.

14. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

I think on Maple it'd like taking the mushroom from the shortcut icon and replacing it with something else.

15. Default Re: Southperry Logo Contest Voting!

Yeah, that's probably a better one than mine.

16. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: AnzelBurster
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 110
    Job: Angelic Burster
    Guild: Aeon
    Alliance: Leafre Alliance
    australia

Vote for #5 guys- I think we need to move on from feathers for a change...