Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Change.org Petition & Explanation

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...kers_accu.html

http://www.wafb.com/story/19573574/m...cts-prosecuted

2. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Sexual or not I would think ramming an object up my ass would be assault >_>;

3. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Apparently not if you're a guy.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Ladies and Grentlemen:
    This generation's law. o_o

5. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Someone should do the same thing to them, see how long it takes until it's considered rape or assault at the very least. It's amazing how much gender seems to matter to some people in this day and age.

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Because only women and children get raped, right?

e_e

7. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

I mean, calling someone lewd comments at work is one thing... but sodomizing someone at work is another thing entirely...

There aren't any sexual harassment laws (or even just plain assault) he can go by? I have no idea what the laws are like in Louisiana...

8. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

9. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

I'm surprised this isn't national news, I mean this just is flat out ridiculous. I was reading here about dumb politicians but cmon this takes the cake.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

@Eos; The title is sorta misleading then. It makes it seems like by law, Louisiana doesn't protect its citizens in certain ways when in fact it's just a couple few that turned a blind eye to it.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

If the person in charge of enforcing state law is rejecting an issue, the state is rejecting an issue.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

I forgot that the whims of 1 person represents the views of a governing body.

EDIT: Not just a person, mind you.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Wow, oh wow. There are no words.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

places never to go to:
    -louisiana

oh boy, there's retarded, there's romney retarded, and there's this.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

That is absolutely ridiculous. >_>

16. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

If that one person has sole discretionary power to refuse to enforce state law it's the state itself that's showing prejudice by allowing it to continue/happen.

If the president declares war on a country that means America is at war with that country, regardless of whether or not the majority of the population agree with it.

When a single pimento with extreme power decides to arbitrarily disregard the law because he doesn't feel it belongs to a certain class of people, or a certain situation, the entirety of the government he represents is culpable. In this case, the state of Louisiana. You may feel otherwise if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact the victim here is unable to bring his suit against his aggressors by the state, at the whimsy of one man acting on behalf of the state.

This is why the separation of personal beliefs from functional roles is so critically important. His job isn't to enforce just the rules he believes in and agrees with, but because he is doing so the entire state of Louisiana is responsible and complicit because that is on who's behalf he is charged with acting.

17. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

I was just lamenting the reality in my 2nd post; I know it's how it works. At least, I realized after your first reply.

EDIT : Oops, I mean 3rd post and 2nd reply! Basically, I'm agreeing with you. @_@.
    Last edited by Sephie; 2012-10-19 at 02:35 PM.

18. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

I'm just now seeing this thread. I am in awe and completely and utterly disgusted. I'm also surprised this has not made national headlines. It really irks me the things that the media finds newsworthy and then lets things like this just fall by the wayside. I sincerely hope that something is done to rectify this action. I hope that poor, poor man finds an excellent lawyer willing to take on his case. I also hope this District Attorney is held accountable for his actions, or lack thereof. This cannot, should not, WILL NOT be tolerated. This is just giving the criminals in this act more power to do as they please once again to another unsuspecting victim. This country seems to be taking steps backward in time instead of moving forward. <sigh>

19. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Seriously.
    I was just reading something similar that's happening right now (kinda) in my country:
    http://reproductiverights.org/es/fea...-gains-at-risk
    http://www.redsemlac.net/web/index.p...semlac-reports

I always thought you had it better up there but every time something likes this comes up it's impossible for me not to relate it to what's going on here.
    It's like your politicians are trying to make a 3rd world country out of the US.

20. Default Re: Louisiana Doesn't Consider Man on Man Rape a Thing

Sounds like the District Attorney needs a metaphorical stick shoved up his ass.

I am boggled that someone can apparently decide that there's no case simply because 'it's not sexual assault if you're a man'. Why is this even a thing? One would think that assault is assault regardless of whether the victim was a pro wrestler or a little granny but I guess common sense isn't too common these days. I also hope someone will step up for this man, no one else should have to go through what he had.