Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

I don't see how this chart is incorrect as it measures behavior (which is quantifiable) rather than sexuality.

As in "75% of my sexual encounters have been with women" (quantifiable) versus "I am 75% gay" (kind of a ridiculous statement.)

2. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

What about sexual encounters with people who aren't men or women? What if the subject isn't a man or a woman either? What about asexuals? What about someone who has a strong sex drive and fantasizes all the time but hasn't had any sexual encounters yet -- or for other reasons has decided to avoid them?

3. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

Asexual just means you can reproduce with your self so unless your a human women capable of parthenogenesis(humans can't do this) this cant happen. What your describing is someone who just hasn't had sex yet or has chosen not to like a priest or something.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

Asexual, in that context, means someone with no sex drive. No interest in either men or women.

5. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

Actually, "asexual" by itself simply means "not sexual". When you say "asexual reproduction", that means reproduction not involving gene-scramblement; i.e., parthenogenesis or budding. When you say "asexual person", that can mean a lot of different things, since "sexual" has a lot of meanings when pertaining to people, but in context of sexual orientation means "person who is not sexually attracted to people of any gender".

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

I still don't exactly see how you can call a scale incorrect. It's like calling a weighing scale incorrect because it doesn't include negative numbers or fractions.

7. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

The Kinsey scale is correct.... if you fit into neat, little boxes. It reports on a spectrum while only taking in binary answers. If you aren't one of the binary answers, then the answers are incorrect.

8. Default Re: Mannerisms vs. Sexuality

Doesn't make the chart incorrect, just means I'm an X on the Kinsey scale (which represents all the edge cases, asexual, no interest in sex, etc.)

The scale's not interested in measuring those things, or it would include them. It's ok for it to just measure people who fit the gender binary - that's 95%+ of people anyway and is a reasonable population to want to know about.