Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

That's why he failed, I was screaming at the tv like seriously.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

In all seriousness, I highly doubt that the majority of Maplers even watched the debate. They probably just voted for whoever the hell they liked better.

3. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

The Americans we know all say he is lost without his Teleprompter. He is great when he can read a speech but when it comes to speaking his own mind, he cant.

4. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

This.

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It's hard to go from being the President of the United States where everyone listens to you and highly respects you to then suddenly go to a debate where you are challenged and ridiculed. Then in said debate when your opponent backtracks on everything he has said over the past 8 months and tries to take a more moderate standpoint, it must be a pretty difficult situation. Furthermore, Mitt Romney has been in the political sphere running for the nomination (with those debates) and then having to deal with the media evaluating his every move.

Although Pres. Obama should have called out Romney for a lot of things, it seems he is a little out of his comfort zone. Hopefully for the next debate he is more prepared.

6. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

I get that feeling. You can tell when he's reading lines and when he's actually saying things he wrote; when he's just reading a prepared speech he has very short pauses in most sentences, when he is doing a speech he himself prepared, there are no pauses at all, the flow of the speech is very smooth.

7. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

As would ANYONE in real life.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the sentiments that Romney won the first debate stylistically, as Obama didn't seem totally with it, but to judge someone's presidency on 45 minutes of them speaking is just laughable. I'd love to place many of those making such judgments in the same place, debating like that after running the country for four years, and see how they fare.

Just bear that in mind when viewing a debate. Yes, they're useful to determine candidate policies, but you need to look at an entire incumbent's record when making educated decisions. And after all, I know many a self-described introvert here on the interwebs who would rather die than speak publicly before 40 million people, and yet they're still some of the smartest people I know.

8. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

If you think I am trying to say that I would make better decisions as a leader, let me assure you that's not what I'm saying. I have neither the patience nor the ability to look out for the interests of anyone but myself to make decisions even for a small group, much less a country.

Also, the only reason I'm even considering Romney to be a better candidate is -because- of Obama's record; the last 4 years tell most of the story, and his decisions from before his candidacy seal the coffin shut. Still not sure I'm even going to bother voting, though; both of them are just so terrible it almost seems like a bad joke that one of these two failures will be the most powerful man in the world, we shouldn't even be considering them to begin with.

9. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

Why is style a judged trait, I'm not going to vote obama if he suddenly flips the podium and gangnam styles as a response.

Spoiler

10. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Oh no of course, I wasn't trying to say that - my apologies for the enigma of my sentiments. I was merely trying to posit my points generally, and just quoted you as an example about style commentary.

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm not saying that's what I look for in a President, but that would have been pretty f'ucking great.

12. Default Re: "Maplestory Can Be A Strong Indicator of Young America"

It would for the first time in my life compel me to vote...

13. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

nexon should do a poll of how many girls are girls and how many girls are G.I.R.L.s next, they really seem to be proud of that 40%

at least they said MapleStory only 14 times in this article