Thread: Ganking

1. Default Ganking

How?

I can pull them off when the enemy is being stupid and overextending, but when conditions aren't completely ideal I usually just whiff, nothing happens to the lane, I fall behind in levels, and I get very sad. I just now looked at this and it gave me an idea of what I'm doing wrong (I always gank from the river brush and gank mid way too much for my own good), but I'm not sure how to put it into execution.

Also, secondary question: Does constantly clearing your jungle when ganks aren't obvious still set you behind? I've been thinking about this and I don't know how that would work.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Ganking

Stop being Warwick and jungle Pantheon or Maokai for a bit. Easiest ganks ever.

3. Default Re: Ganking

I don't want to make ganking easy, I want to know how to do it when it's difficult.

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Did you use training wheels on your bike before you learned how to use it?

5. Default Re: Ganking

To be a good jungler you have to be able to lane gank. Go through lanes and sneak into brush, watch for wards and enemy minions giving vision.

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Ganking is like Sexing (Harhar), You can't rush it, you can't push it.

You have to monitor each lane to see where a gank could be or not possible and if you are not sure something may happen, you rather go back to your jungler to farm a little or try some counter jungling. There is also many ways to gank rather than just doing it from the river, Tribush or the inner roads in mid. Everyone of these are situational so you also have to consider where would be a good place to go and do your ganking.

7. Default Re: Ganking

- If you're not clearing jungle, you should be ganking
    - If you're not ganking, you should be clearing jungle

- Gank often and repeatedly. People feel you won't gank again after they saw you. Use that to your advantage
    - Do lane ganks as well, Usually the easiest/only way to get bottom and sometimes top lane
    - If you burn any summoners, the gank is successful
    - If you burn their flash and dont' come back to gank again before it's up, you are doing it wrong
    - If everyone is being ward happy, get an oracles. But you better be good at map awareness so you don't waste 400g

One of the biggest things as jungler is you have to apply pressure. If lanes don't feel any jungle pressure, they will push hard on your team. So many times my jungler will never come bot once when we're against an aggressive lane and they'll just keep pushing us because the enemy doesn't feel your presence so they wont' be scared to overextend.As a jungler though don't feel bad if you cannot come to bot. While bot is the hardest lane to gank for, your own bot lane should be doing their best to hold off the other 2 people. If they are dying in lane without your help, they will probably die with your help as well. Those people are also the ones that will complain the most. If you pressure mid/top then bot will feel your presence. If they seem like they dont' care, then coordinate with your mid to 4man gank bot so they'll back off.