Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

I forgot to mention that in GMS right now the right most statue seems to poison for a tick of 20. I've never seen him do this so i'm assuming it's some kind of bug. (it's annoying because poison ticks auto-kill if you get hit with 1/1)

Lol? Who is going to pink bean without being cultured in the ways of surviving one of the oldest attacks in the game? 1/1 and seal is WAYYYY easier to deal with than his stun gene and musical notes of rape.

2. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

I tend to go PB right after empress, which are on different channels.
    When I go fast to save buff time and I am tired, I tend to forget to CC.

In the case that happens, you CAN CC after using the marble. Obviously being in the right channel before you use the marble is the better option.

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I meant the entrance with the NPC, not the entrance that takes your marble. I was confirming your post. :p

4. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

Off topic, but do you know what channel chaos PB is on?

5. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

read the first page

ch15

6. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

Meh. I've never found 1/1 to be lethal except during Seduce. Seduce is much more lethal imo and Stun is annoying and pineapple.

7. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

Timer is much much better. When DR is on cooldown and it's safe to attack him, I just attack. When it gets to the point where DR is off cooldown, I only attack when he does animations. By only attacking him during animations you waste a lot of time.

8. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

It is an intended function built specifically for your stated purpose. It was put in the first day PB was, as well as being built into wiseman' rex's Chaos counterpart. It was made to hit you at a very short range.
    This trait is only for Rex the wise(right statue).

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

That explains a lot. I was attacking him from the platform on the second phase.

10. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

when does the chaos marble quest re-activate?
    24 hours after completion?

11. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

Yes

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Maybe if you're a class with a skill that attacks more than 1.5ish times a second it's better. (some of those who +1'd apply to that) Given that i am a class that has the ability to blindly attack because my anchor goes away before DR can possibly come out, i should be agreeing with you but i don't.

Don't misunderstand though. I didn't mean to say that you should only attack during animations when you know for a fact that he can't DR yet. Of course that's a waste of time. I'm just saying that attacking blindly until the very last second while not looking at PB at all is dangerous.

13. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

-_________-
    you've got to be kidding me

chaos pink bean is ch14
    normal is 15

this is bullpomegranate

14. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

I think it's sort of implied you shouldn't only be looking at the timer but for me, this is how I do it

- PB casts DR at 20 seconds
    - I type in all chat "40"
    - PB is known to have a 43 second cooldown so based on the timer when PB does the DR animation, you can subtract 43 seconds or add 17 seconds. Since I believe a lot of people dislike mental math, adding 20 instead of 17 is a lot easier
    - Once the timer reaches 40, I know it can start DRing as early as 37
    - I just attack it until say 38~ to be safe but if it's doing animations then I attack freely
    - At 37 and below i only attack it during animations and repeat step #1 when i see DR

Maybe it's hard for some people, but I can easily look at

- my HP
    - the PB timer
    - what PB is doing
    - the mini beans

All/Almost at the same time. I find it easy so I assume everyone can multitask that well but maybe i'm wrong and it really is hard. L>input

15. Default Re: exactly how does pink bean work?

the 20 second timing will work great for me, as I have latency - noir carte has killed me many times, due to lack of concentration, lol.