1. Default Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

I started playing GMS back when it first came out, and quit right around when Pink Been came out.

Now I've come back, I have no idea what I'm doing. I've made a level 100 Crusader, and managed to get a basic grip on potentials and what they do, as well as cubes. I've also looked a bit into the plethora of new classes, but I'm still woefully unprepared for endgame.

Is there some place where I could learn everything I need to? I've looked around to try to find what %str is and how to get it or what an MMB is, and the extent of the inflation also baffles me to the point where I'm not even sure what's worth what anymore. I've even forgotten what the Seduce status effect does.

2. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

Most of the knowledge that I have learned about the game since I first started I received from viewing various posts on Sleepywood, in-game experience, and through friends.

MMB stands for Mystery Mastery Books. Apparently, they have a chance of dropping from any monster that is level 120+. You can still receive Mastery Books from bosses like Zakum and Horntail when you kill them. As for what Seduce is, your controls are locked and you will jump in the reverse direction. I am not sure how long it lasts though.

3. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

I tried to read a bit on the new stuff, the problem is that Maplestory has gone through so many updates and at such a rate that it's very difficult to find a guide, or indeed information, that's completely up-to-date on GMS. Most of the things I've read are before the warrior revamp and Raging Blow, which is something that is of very little use to me as an aspiring hero.

4. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

It would help newcomers or returning players if there was some sort of guide in place or like a thesaurus of sorts that had everything Maplestory related and is kept up to date by various players and admins, like a Wikipedia page. Hopefully something like that does happen soon since Maplestory will only keep expanding and many newcomers will find it hard to keep up with everything.

5. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

All about potentials

This is basically what I read after my 6 year hiatus to re-learn Maple. It's pretty handy.

6. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

It says it was last updated Nov 2011, but it seems solid, thanks!

Are potentials the only big thing that came out? I remember seeing something about an "Empress" set, but the highest level stuff is the Lionheart set.

And how bad is the inflation? I remember that 39m was really all a normal player needed, but now people are tossing about billions like nothing.

7. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

No, the Empress Set is the highest (lvl 140). It far outclasses the LH set.

8. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

But isn't the highest level 1H sword is the Lionheart cutlass lvl 140?

9. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

I believe you are referring to the Von Leon set. The LH set is the Warrior's Empress Set.

You two are talking about the same thing, each Empress set has different class names, but they all have a Lv140 req. and give the same set bonuses.

10. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

Inflation is pretty bad.

Perfected weapons are usually sold well above max mesos now (3b ~ 5b depending on stats). Many "godly" gear are being sold in NX or USD. The value of meso is pretty low because there is too much of it in the market.

Just stroll through FM daily to see this for yourself. You'll eventually learn market prices.

11. Default Re: Hi, I'm gameknight102xx, and I'd appreciate some help

You are correct. I saw LH and thought LHC and then Von Leon. Lionheart Battle gear and associated items are indeed the Empress set.