Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

I'm not courageous enough to trust Nexon of all companies to make the right call in every case, but be my guest. I shall continue to don my Tin Foil Hat +10 in the meantime.

2. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

TY! I completely agree with you. Just saying its a BillingPP ban etc is the same lame excuse argument that goes no where.
    (FYI, ppl that got Hellbanned, got un-hellbanned recently)
    If a player has done something obviously threatening to the stability of the game, then obviously Nexon-GM will deal with it.

The direction the GM is taking right now, is one thats not so oblivious as opposed to hackers ruining the game. Next will be IP ban waves. (2 Thumbs up)

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

*yawn* Nexon sure loves catching exploiters now. Seems like there's a new exploit every week/weeks/month. Look how hard Nexon is working. Preventative measures? Screw preventative measures.

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

I'm sure they fix a lot more bugs than you think before they would ever hit the live servers.

It's like the CIA. If they're doing their job you never hear about them, but the moment they slip up the whole world knows and gets angry.

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

I hope this fixed my connect to game server lag issues.

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Server Maintenance - October 5, 2012

It's pretty much like how the entire world works.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What the f'uck are you talking about? We haven't had an exploit (or even one that even made an impact) in a long while with the only comparable case being PB dropping pendants which isn't even an exploit nor did they chase people for it. You're just a bitter f'uck waiting until they do get taken advantage of to bust out the cookie cutter "OH WOW LOOK AT THEM DOING SO BADLY I'M GLAD I STILL STICK AROUND" even when they aren't. Screw preventative measures? Why? So you can get a laugh when they work overtime on something that pisses you off? >_>

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Comparing lolNexon to the CIA? It's blatantly obvious that Nexon is a lazy company when it comes to detracting hackers and bugs open to exploits, that's why there's constant bugs and glitches, even obvious ones; that's why hackers still run this game; that's why we see dumb typos in the cash shop and in quests which rashly get deleted because of a typo. They simply don't test their work properly and leave it open to vulnerability after vulnerability.

Now I know bugs are inevitable, I work with software full-time [albeit in a division which doesn't have the luxury of a budget consisting of hundreds of millions], but the sheer level of incompetence leading up to those bugs caused by Nexon is in no way worthy of being compared to eons-ahead reputable company such as the CIA.

Heck, I'd be happy if the CIA bought up Nexon and somehow used Maple to spy on North Korea [Jokes].

I guess those weekly or bi-weekly unsched server checks must have been there just to fill up space. There's constant exploits. Dupes are exploits and they're still going on, they keep releasing new types of dupes all the time from what I understand; they even found a way to dupe CS gear. Botting is still going strong.

I'm obviously for preventative measures so that those exploits don't show up in the first place. I don't think you've interpreted what I wrote correctly.

LOL, flaming someone on the internet to try getting a point across does just the opposite.

I understand the company is doing much better than they were a year ago in some aspects, but that doesn't excuse the shi't job they're still throwing at us in some of the other core aspects of the game. The mistakes (whether it be exploits, glitches, typos, whatever) are still there constantly the way they always have been, meaning that nexon has not been doing enough to prevent them, even though they seem to be doing a better job of fixing them once they're found. I was merely calling them out for that.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I guess insignificant exploits are still exploits and deserves an ass reaming, because it totally affects you in every way.

K.

Not really. All you've done by elaborating is show that you're bitter AND have dumb expectations.

Calling them out for not being machines? Cool story, hope it works out for you.

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

So you're saying duping and botting are insignificant exploits? lmfao. You're saying they don't affect the average player? .... players are pretty much forced to cheat in one way or the other just to prosper in this game. So how the f'uck is that not affecting EVERYONE significantly?
    No, no I have not. I had to elaborate it for you because you have poor comprehension skills. Let's take a look at your judgement here:

Player calls out company for being lazy. Therefore player must be bitter.
    Player expects at least typos to not be so rampant. Player at least expects proofreading to be used. Therefore player's expectations are dumb.
    Player sees exploits reoccurring all the time. Player reasonably promotes preventative measures. Player's expectations MUST be dumb.

=Attempting to put words in my mouth. Regardless, when you have millions at your disposal, your crap better run smoothly, or smoothly enough to not cause issue after issue. Nexon sure acts like a machine, when it comes to making profit. So if they are good at imitating a machine when it comes to profit, why can't they be good at it when it comes to development/testing? They obviously invest exponentially more energy to maximizing their profit than in quality assurance/testing/better security/among a slew of other things plenty of other gaming companies with less resources care enough not to overlook.