IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

What are the Cornell rules to begin with? I want to poke holes in them with my sword.

2. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

-Aim carefully when throwing socks. Have a mid-distance. If you miss, you have one sock out of your ammo. Also, the shotgun is only a good idea when there is an entire bunch of zombies where you aim at.
    -Small packs. 4 Should be perfect: You can spread out to meet at a later point of time, and not beeing alone.
    -Check areas carefully before you walk to them. So you don't run into an infected.
    -Stay low. Wear something camoflauge-y, so you are a bit harder to spot.
    -Never do something to get attention. Be quiet, and try to not slam doors, etc.
    -Try to make a hidden base within a car. Let spare socks and food stay there, so others get some, too, after you turned into a zombeeh. Humans ftw.

3. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Oh my God. I love HvZ. Ive played every semester at my University for the past 3 years now. Ours starts next week! So stoked and excited!!

But, my advice? Don't stay alive. :] Becoming a part of the Horde is MUCH more fun. Especially if you are a super zombie. I always voluntarily sacrifice myself to the first zombie (Since my friends are the ones that have put it together every year) right off the bat. It's WAY more fun to catch people unaware to nom on their brains....And if you're a super zombie, you scoff at their faces as they realize that they aren't safe. I'm usually the super zombie where I can only be shot at in the front, so if bullets/socks hit me in the back, I'm still alive. Nothing is more priceless than watching their reactions as you run full force towards them, backwards, hands outsretched....Bloody brilliant.

And not to mention you get to live the whole week of HvZ in an awesome state of awesomeness, safety, and serenity as the humans live in constant paranoia! I stayed human the very first time I played three years ago for the whole week, and it was honestly the most boring thing ever.

But if you want to stay alive...lbecome a sock ninja. I.e., walk around with your human armband on, hands constantly in a hoodie pocket grasping onto some socks. Nerf guns typicallly don't work in a mob situation, but loads of socks do. Sock ninjas were the only humans I never messed with...because they would almost certainly always win. One lady, in particular, who was probably in her late 30's, was playing as a sock ninja...She single handedly fought off an ambush of 15 zombies with socks alone. Then she fought off another wave that came and ambushed her 5 minutes later.

And also....Just try not to break rule number 4. Hopefully the rules are the same...but Rule #4 reads as follows:

Don't be a douche.

As your university continues to do this semester by semester, it will get bigger and bigger...and more rules will have to come into play. Like, for instance, any wheeled vehicle is a safe zone. But if you purposely are riding around on a scooter shooting zombies as you drive by, you're breaking rule #4, and thus those bullets won't count....and you're just being a douche. Same thing with camping on stairs. (Stairs were off limits at my uni, since there were so many).

And I'm sad that you only have missions every 2 days? :[ Missions are the best part. Do them at all costs! We had missions every day at 4PM, and at 9PM. THe final battle would take place on Saturday night. This semester so far we have 900 students signed up last time I checked...which is outrageously fun. :3

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I disagree. I love getting to roam campus all James Bond style (two pistols and socks taped to my shirt inside my jacket). Gota be ready for that s'hit.

To each his/her own though.

5. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Humans vs zombies? Bah, barely any psychological warfare.

Assassins guilds are where the fun is at.

6. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Sounds fun, but way to complicated. The poison tactic sounds the most interesting to me, but it's too hard to go poison a random person's food if you are playing with a group of 500 across a campus.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I know nothing about this game, but it seems mighty fun. Does the double tap rule apply in any form?

As for missions, I think getting the shotgun first is best. You can never go wrong with a shotgun in a zombie scenario. Extra lives are for wusses.

8. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Heh, kids and their obsessions with sexual relations. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Day 1: Epic standoff in front of the cafeteria. 5 humans verse 6 zombies.

Casualties: 1. Guess who it is?

On the way back to the dorm, I managed to get 2 people. Now I'm camping in front of another cafeteria.

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Snagged another one just now. Pounced like a hunter rahhhhhhh.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

In a 1v1 situation (up to a 1v3 situation in the HvZ you're participating in), you and your group should have mopped them up quite easily.

What happened?

12. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Got 4 of them, my friend and I were going to mop up the last one. I think both of our socks hit him at the same time he snagged me, mod said I got zombified.

I'm really having quite fun as a zombie though. It means I don't have to lose any socks, not to mention I'm already top 5 in points. Only 6 more humans to go to make up for the 100 point deficit between a human who stays alive for the whole thing and me.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

I mean, in my school, if there was a dispute of the same nature as yours, it would either come down to 1) "Alright no one give a ****, lets call it a draw and walk away like nothing happened" or 2) THUNDERDOME! (basically a 1v1 battle, with the human only able to use 1 piece of ammunition/sock/marshmallow in the fight)

However, there's different rules at your university, and thus the admins there probably runs things differently. Oh well.

14. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

How do you manage to see their reactions if you have your back to them?

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

I decided I should copy paste the logs I pointlessly spend like 30+ minutes on from Facebook onto here.

Day 1

Day 2

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

What a plantain. There was somehow I tagged yesterday who didn't have his killcode on him, so he gave me his email. Turns out the email doesn't even exist.

Why the @*%(&*(#&Q%8are you playing this game #%*&#)?

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

This is why you always check your victim's ID (first, last name) and write it down so you can report him to admins if he doesn't give you his bitecode. Just throwing it out there for you to use next time around.

(Also, if I was admin, I would permaban him from HvZ for good for several rules he broke, including, but not limited to: not carrying his bitecode at all times, not being honest, and most importantly, "don't be a plantain". But then again, this is my opinion on what I would do. I tend to take a hardline stance on these issues because I like to see people having fun, and it grinds my gears when people blatantly kill the fun for others.)