1. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

My guild recently started Pink Bean runs (dat CHTP) and so far I've been the only one to survive because I spam PB for 7-10 hits, then use CoH until Pink Bean DRs and keep using it until he stops, then repeat.

I don't have the balls or NX for wheels to spam an attacking skill that kills me from DR, so when I go today on my phantom, are there any skills that work the same as CoH?

Spoiler

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

what you need isn't skills that don't damage during DR, it's learning to time DR. otherwise it's gonna be the same story for your mid-funded attackers

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

I've heard there's a no DR frame of 8 seconds, but I don't know how long DR lasts, how to best time it, or how it varies when crash comes into the equation. :/

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

When PB starts the DR animation, take note of the time and add 17 to the clock. That's the point that you should stop spamming attacks.

Ex: DR's at 15, stop attacking at 32. Only attack when PB is in an attack animation.

I'm not sure how long DR lasts (it seems to vary), but just watch PB.

If you have a crasher, crash 1-2 seconds before the 17 time.

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

Okay, that confused me a bit. You're saying if he DR's at 45:15, I should wait until he stops DRing, then attack until 44:32?
    Why only attack PB when he's in attack animation? I've heard this before but I'm wondering why this is needed (if the 17 second timer thing works like I think it does)?

6. Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

Because when he is in an animation that is not DR, he aint casting DR.

7. Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

I've found it easier to wait for DR to go away, attack for 11 seconds, and stop after those 11 seconds. Adding 17 is sometimes difficult to do on the fly and 11 is a much easier number to remember.

8. Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

Summons do not trigger DR.
    Not sure how helpful this information will be since Phantoms don't have summons and can't steal any.

9. Donator Straight Male
    panama

PB's DR has a 43 second cooldown since the moment he casts it, i recommend just counting 40 seconds and stopping attacking, makes it easier to time too (i.e: he reflects at 48:33, you stop at 47:53) that would also be the perfect time to crash him, keep note of when he uses reflect while crashed so that you can keep the timer going.

the attack thing is as carrion said, if you know PB has reflect ready to cast, you wait until he's doing another attack (say, the tail ground pound) since he's using X attack, he isn't reflecting, so you hit him while he's doing it, and stop inmediately.

you're right about the 17 second thing btw. i just recommend the minus 40 (or plus 20, both work, and it's easier math)

summons/familiars can attack during DR, and are a good way of knowing if DR is still active or just blinking, blinking DR has killed a few mateys. and for damage reflect timings, maplearchive has them

10. Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

If the suggested timing is confusing, I've never counted the time PB stays in DR as part of my timing sequence.

PB first DR's at about 90% HP and make sure you always make it face right. As soon as the first DR ends completely, I look at the clock, subtract 10 seconds, and attack for 8 seconds then spam CoH until DR.

I've gone with friends who don't have an attack that checks for DR so for them, they pretty much just have to not pineapple up their own timing.

Hasn't failed me yet.

Oh. And of course lure the mini beans away. Killing yourself trying to kill the mini beans is the worst way to go.
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2012-09-30 at 03:14 PM. Reason: mini beans are delicious.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Yup.

I always found the 17 thing pretty simple, it's not too hard to add on the fly. But that just differs per person, I guess.

PB starts DRing at just shy of 2 and a half buff lengths from the right if you're in windowed 800x600. In the wider resolution, I think I heard it 6 buff lengths? Might wanna double check that; I never play in that resolution anyways.

Definitely familiarize yourself with the DR animation, and time your attacks. After the 17 mark, don't use macros because those tend to get wonky.

Also, you've got the statues down, right?

12. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

This seems the easiest and I like how it works perfect with crash, so I'll use this, thanks! n-n

For the most part, yeah. I've only gone with a party and we have someone who knows what they're doing every time. Once I solo, I'll look up some videos, but if it's not a hassle for someone to explain, I'd be obliged.

DB pride wut wut

The one time I died on our only successful run so far was from killing the mini-beans. I learned to lure them away really quick out of fear since I only had 1 wheel haha.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

There are orbs under each statue, basically just always stay behind the Wiseman orbs. If you're between them, you'll trigger DR on the left Bird and seduce on the right Bird. Other than that it's a cakewalk.

14. Default Re: Are there any other skills that don't damage during DR?

Well, if you want to know what I do as a Phantom.

I rush into a corner, and then, on 800x600 resolution, I spam RF until about 2.5 buff icons (as in, the HP has dropped by about two and a half buff icons, then I crash, and keep attacking). PB's DR lasts 43 seconds as stated before, so whenever its DR time is greater than :43, I just subtract 43 seconds, and when it's less than, I add 17 seconds (previously, I added 60 seconds and subtracted 43, but it's pretty much the same as just adding 17, I just never thought about it before ^^). I stop attacking a few seconds early, then once it DRs, again, taking note of the time, I cast Vol D'Ame to steal DR and I continue attacking until a few seconds until the next DR, at which point I crash, and repeat, alternating between crash and vol d'ame (which as of the latest patch, works completely on DR now, rather than just stealing reflect and leaving you dealing ones).

To avoid DR and Seduce from the hawk statues, you just stay behind the inner edge of the pedestals under the wiseman statues. You can use Ultimate Drive (Mille) to hit both the wiseman and the bird, just start using it around the yellow orb and then inch closer until you start hitting the bird and stop.

15. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

Sounds good! Is there an order to kill or do I just go left>right>repeat until they all die? My party kills everything on the left, leaves the DR statue at low hp with 1 person on the left, and the rest of us kill the right side, then repeat(?) to avoid mass seduce I think.

Thanks! This helps a lot since I didn't know much about Vol or that I could hit both statues with mille.
    Also, does Elemental Reset work with P element and Phantoms?
    If not, would it be wise to use CL or something with ele reset?

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i recommend always starting on the right side if the right bird is active. that's pretty much it

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Feels good to be a cannoneer. Anchor is OP at pink bean. Doesn't trigger DR, spammable, keeps PB and his summons contained, lasts exactly as long as DRs downtime (set before it runs out, wail on him till it goes away), and it's really strong.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

We split into two teams, one on the left and one on the right. It really doesn't matter too much; as long as you stay behind the orbs, you won't get DR'd or seduced.