Thread: Amateur Failure

1. Default Amateur Failure

Last week I was working on the cover for an amateur attempt of a one-shot manga. C:

I've been developing the story and characters for some time, with the supervision of a japanese friend whose mates are willing to lauch the first rookie and national manga magazine on the city I'm currently living. It was rejected, so I was wondering if I should keep with this since I don't know if it has any real potential. Any critic will be well recieved.

Spoiler

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Amateur Failure

it looks amazing if you ask me.

3. Default Re: Amateur Failure

It's only an amateur fail because it looks professional.
    Very well done.

4. Default Re: Amateur Failure

I don't know what the person in the back is doing. The neck/shouder area is very muddy to me, like the right shoulder looks dislocated. You should try taking their pose/the pose you wanted to do because I think it's also a perspective issue.

The guy in the front has really poofy clothing. Not sure if it was your intention or not with the top, but the shorts look weird. I feel like you could pull his upper body more because it looks like it's all on the same plane. It's like he has a really short torso and is leaning forward slightly.

Nice job on the foreshortening overall. Very clean. I like your style, but a lot of parts just feel flat to me.