Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

Quite a few people I know got billing banned as well, one of them in particular was an interesting case.

A cool dark knight buddy of mine who you may or may know was permanently banned, got unbanned because he was innocent, and got billing banned within the next couple days when they did all of these!

Anyway, all you can really do is do what it says. That being e-mail them. They respond pretty quickly.

2. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

This probably had something to do with it, I had a few calls yesterday regarding our EFT(Electronic funds transfer) being cancelled by banks because of this hack. Although this doesn't explain players who paid in cash;
    http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...NI2FoPFLw.cspx

3. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

I was under the impression they responded slowly concerning billingpp's. Guess not?

Wow that sucks.
    Are you talking about Sean? He's the only active drk I know. If so, LOL I can now give him pomegranate for this.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

wait, which sean? unless it counts as an accusation mentioning him?

brb reading kw post

5. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

Liban

Sean was hellbanned though

6. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

ImCensored

Oh. Liban. I haven't talked to him in God knows when.
    LOL. Poor Sean though.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

same one i was thinking then, heh. don't know liban.

8. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

Well, I finally got a response to my e-mail about this:
    This really does sounds like a crappy excuse of them. I never heard of any unauthorized access on my account nor is there anything illegal about. No credit card or anything of that sort of information attached to it. I have a full 15 characters on my account and it was pretty annoying having to remember all of them, and especially after 2-3 days of being unable to log in with it. I have responded back with all the correct information so we'll see what they'll do next and hopefully it won't take too long... What a load of frustration, confusion, and crap... -.-

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

"unauthorized access"?
    So, they believe someone hacked / tried to hack your account, and this is how they protect it?

Could these bans have to do with using hotspot or any other IP altering/hiding tool?
    Are these mass bannings the first sign of Nexon trying to implement some kind of IP-tracking account protection? People who got banned, did your IP address change recently? (Some ISPs issue a modem a new address pretty much at every reconnect)

10. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

My ISP did issue a modem which connects the internet and telephones together. It is also connected/linked to a router. In a sense, this is my own hot spot that is firewalled and is secured from anyone unknown from trying to access it. There hasn't been any IP conflicts or warnings from it.

Not completely sure how it works, but IP addresses would be more or less of the same right?
    Little tidbits of it can be changed, yet can still be identifiable. IP address assigned from ISPs can change, and ones from computers and routers are automatically changed when reset or restarted.

I'm still not sure sure how that would affect people as there is nothing about money or billing involved or at least no information and data is being exchanged, at least to Nexon as far as I know it.

11. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

"There isn't a billingpp ban glitch. While we can't explain every scenario here why an account would be prevented from logging in and asked to email billingpp, the most common situations are:

1. Unauthorized access to your account. That means somebody from a foreign IP logged into your account.
    2. Fraudulent activities.
    3. Game abuse i.e. exploitation, hacking, meso buying/selling, etc.

Again, this does not explain all scenarios of being blocked from the website. And while what was mentioned above can be a result of a compromised account, you must email billingpp and comply with their requests so we can get the situation squared away.

I am now closing this thread as I remind you again, you must resolve this through billingpp. Thank you.

-Hime"

http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...e11%26nxid%3D6

12. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

My friend got the same email apparently...

..also
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...575%26nxid%3D6

13. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

meso buying and selling != buying NX with mesos.

14. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

btw...... i believe i know what is going on...
    i think that anyone who share their acc info with diff ip outside of the US get this bbp ban

nexon is trying to protect us
    by using this way we cant get hack but this is really annoying

15. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

I got hit with this on a mule today. So you sent only one e-mail and waited two or three days for a response? I shouldn't be sending daily e-mails, should I?

In my case, I don't think I would be able to remember all the characters on the account, I might not even be able to remember the birth date or first and last names on the account. Uh oh. It was a mule made in haste, but there is probably 5B or so on it. -Sigh-

This was exclusively a FM Buy/Sell with mesos mule, no intention of even buying or selling NX with mesos, selling mesos for cash or any permutation of NX, cash or mesos, buying or selling. What might have created red flags might have been large meso transfers or what might appeared to be NX buying because I gifted myself Hired Merchants and Shop Permits. I don't know, thoroughly frustrating especially when I need the mesos on that account right now to buy something.

No IP changes either, same rig, no modem reset.

16. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

Falls under the "Game abuse etc" since selling NX is not allowed thru ToS. People who do buy NX in game shouldn't complain if they get billingpp, since they will be lumped together with the sellers. I don't care if you don't want to buy NX with real money, it's your choice to take the risk. Saying everyone else does it doesn't mean a dammed thing.

17. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

>implying I give a damn.

I haven't played this game in months. Nexon has never banned anyone via billingpp for buying NX through mesos. Unless you can magically find me one person who has done so then you can tell me about it. Otherwise I just don't care.

Also I've been banned for buying NX before. 4 times actually all for illegal charging, 3 days, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month were the durations. I never got billingpp'd and I'm still on rankings.

18. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

I don't really know anyone personally outside of the US that plays any of Nexon's games, much less give out my account information to anyone whether I knew them or not. I don't go into odd looking sites either or enter my information on different computers, so nothing is key-logged or virus infected. All the passwords I use are also all different from each other. So other than that, I really don't know how else someone would be able to get a hold of my account and be able to log in with it.

I also don't buy or sell NX in the game. If there was something I wanted from the CS, I'd rather have and ask them to gift me it and buy it that way, from trusted friends of course. Though I rarely do that too.

I've already replied back with all the correct information that they have asked of me for it to be unblocked. While I do appreciate Nexon trying to protect us this way, unless they provide me with some proof such as which foreign IPs they've caught in trying to log into the account or something reasonable to believe, I would just be dismissing this as an excuse for something else. If they reply back to my e-mail with that sort of thing, and not just another automated message or excuse, then my I'll admit I'm wrong about that aspect. You really can't blame me for doubting Nexon on the things they do or actions they take regarding issues like this.

19. Electron Female
    IGN: AngelusDraco
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 224
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool
    Farm: Pammalicious
    usa

Nexon's forum moderators are evidently part of their effort to cover up this faux pas and act like it never happened (business as usual for Nexon America). All threads concerning the billingpp ban glitch, including the very lengthy one mentioned above, are being closed by moderators and dismissed as something that we all did to cause the loss of our accounts for the last four days. We're evidently not allowed to talk about it publicly -- at least on the Nexon forums -- even though countless numbers of legit, long-time players were severely affected by Nexon's major error.

Some players are just now getting copy/pasted emails from billingpp@nexon.net, asking for personal account information to verify account ownership (something they've always professed to never do) and stating that receipt of this information will BEGIN the unbanning process. The excuse they are offering is "unauthorized access" to our accounts, which is code for "we have no idea why we wrongfully banned you, but we are definitely not going to admit that we made a mistake and actually compensate you for the pain and suffering we've caused."

It seems that this GLITCH was with players like myself who logged in for the brief hours that the game was up during the v.118 maintenance/update and who bought anything from the cash shop during that time. The rollback apparently created a virtual chargeback of Nx on our accounts, and we were all banned and forced to miss the 2x and hot time events and to lose cash shop items, none of which were extended the promised 20 hours for the maintenance and the additional 48 hours as compensation. It took players comparing notes to figure this out because Nexon either can't or won't look into it because that would mean serious compensation for a lot of people.

As expected, Nexon is not going to accept the blame for what they've done and definitely not going to even try to make reparations for all the confusion, frustration and distress they inflicted on so many of us.

20. Default Re: About BillingPP Bans

Hot spot shield -probably- has nothing to do with it since I've been using this method before, during, and after these bannings.