IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

or they can just get rid of the whole level system and just build stats by questing, killing mobs w/e

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

That can work but that doesn't seem fun.

3. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I hate doing quest and unless the mobs are in mini dungeons then people will monopolize the mobs.

4. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

That pserver sucked. I tried it and people ended up doing pretty much exactly what happens in GMS, which is hoard the good training/farming spots and never leave those areas. The only difference was that everyone fapped over PDR ignore rather than Boss Damage.

It also severely imbalances classes that come with passive PDR ignore skills, particularly skills that ignore 100% of PDR, because they just end up broken as hell compared to every other class, so it's not a particularly effective solution.

5. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I think it was said already, but get rid of the cesspool system with Mastery Books and replace it with quests to raise max level cap of skills instead. Maybe and maybe then will I ever consider to play a new class beyond level 70 after they can share their link skill.

Reasons why current outdated piece of **** system sucks:

Spoiler

Therefore, all skills should just be levelled by quests. Of course, not necessary as painful and long as with some of the quest from pre-BB (like Berserk quest) but perhaps a quest with collecting power fragments (or whatever quest item) that after a certain number you can raise a certain specific skill, and would make sense too, just like how Warriors had to fight Taurospears because they charged and by doing that quest you "learn" their rush tactics and therefore, your Rush skill.

With this, at least there is some room to fit story and lore into the game, and for collecting items it could be like events with monsters around your level range so that you can improve your skill as you train or something rather than bothering with the monotony of grinding on a lower exp monster (like raising Beholder levels with fighting Vikings and MDTs).

It also shows progress that you can go by to raise your skill level cap, so that you are not just hoping for luck to be on your side when you are randomly drawing and passing a stupid piece of **** book.

Speaking of quests, I would like to see maybe questlines for any and all classes, and not just some random story quest that is is not worth it because you travel the world 5 times to complete it. Perhaps have it like Aran quests when they were first released, only after getting through some quests did you get your booster skill (or whatever), so that there would be an incentive to actually do them. Another reason why I bring this up is because I was largely unsatisfied with how the Demon Slayer's questline came out...

Spoiler

And maybe for those of us who are quest completionists, there should be a solo-boss version of some of the main bosses (Like Zak, HT, etc.) so that we can beat them and complete our quests (along with a monster card too please) and then future runs will be how it is normally now when you want drops and stuff, because with the way it is now, I know I will never complete quests that require beating of HT, Cygnus, etc. nor will I ever get their cards, so much for higher level content... guess that's why I never bothered with 70+ and much less 120+ if I ever got there.

TL;DR : Replace cesspool skill book system with quests (easier than pre-BB) and maybe make meaningful quest for all classes that add lore and bits along with solo-bosses for quest and monster card purposes.

6. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I could not + 1 this hard enough. I think quests for skillbooks are an awesome idea provided the requirements are not impossible (Because they could screw that up) as more storyline is always good. Take Phantom for instance, the very idea of just picking up all the skills you learned way back because you thought of writing it and stashing it elsewhere is hilarious and it would be fun if other classes had something similar where they'd have to get books with writings and do assorted quests to make sense of it. It could even include the lore of the Maple world to spice things up; as an Archer lover I would enjoy it if my skill learning also allowed me to learn more about how Athena Pierce came to be a legendary Archer.

The stories also need to be connected to make more sense and be expanded. For example, I really liked doing all three parts of the Alliance getting together (I liked the KoC part the most, but Resistance was also great) and then...nothing? That looked like a great addition and I really do hope that Nexon adds more to it especially if all of the Heroes officially join the Alliance. Thus far I believe only Luminous is not officially recognized by a different quest as Aran and Evan are present from the beginning, Mercedes is one of the driving forces behind the Alliance and Phantom officially joins at the end of his storyline.

7. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

What pisses me off about Nexon is that they have perfectly good content that is either inaccessible for whatever reason (eg Mesogears in NLC) or they for some reason nerfed to obscurity (eg Nebulite boxes, the first nerf was FINE; Treasure Monsters)

8. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I have a few suggestions for GMS even if they never happen and they apply to Dark Knights.

1. Give the class back Achilles.

Simple reason being the damage reduction helped greatly against just about every enemy.

2. A different animation for a Dark Knight's Rush skill.

Something that help them stand out from the other warrior classes. It might sound cheesy, but whatever.

3. A 2nd 4th job skill.

Using Dark Impale is great and all, but something fresh and new just for Dark Knights that fits with their theme and class name would be great. Maybe a new mobbing skill for Dark Knights for example.

4. Place the other two Beholden skills into Beholden.

Hex of the Beholden, Revenge of the Beholden, and Aura of the Beholden could be placed into Beholden upon summoning and add the effects from those skills into Beholden. It might sound kind of overwhelming to go with that, but it saves for 2 or 3 new skills for a Dark Knight.

9. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

For starters, make some dungeons for Level 200's. Like, a real dungeon where you need to do quests and certain things to go through.

10. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

This. Preferably something like a final crusade (or a prep* of sorts for the final crusade) against the Black Mage.

*Prep as in something like disabling a barrier around the Black Mage's stronghold.

11. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Better yet, make them "faction specific".
    e.g. Explorer quests based on recon, CK quests based on being infantrymen and stuff