Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Removal or improved method of getting Skill Books, new classes shouldn't be forced to rely on temporary events (that can be very slow) or extreme luck to get a book.
    Making the obscure areas like Omega Sector or Mu Lung viable for leveling, whether it be improving the map, spawn, exp, or questline.
    Nerfing Aliens, Jesters, MP3 to be on the same level as the other options, or improving the other decent maps to be on par with those three.
    Minidungeon and a questline to coincide with every miniboss/boss (And making them repeatable)
    Giving maps like Leafre, ToT, etc party play status and make it similar to LHC (while making maps beyond Crockies better to give more incentive to do the quests, maybe make the quests easier, and reward you more..even make them repeatable)
    Buff the EXP on every quest by a substantial amount.
    Improved crafting options for more versatile options that are good but not virtually impossible to make.
    Removal of Potential (or reduce it all to just 1 line) and make cubes drop from monsters like MMBs.
    Take the garbage out of the Gachapon.
    Add lvl80-100 equips to NPCs (maybe some random npc in a waiting room between high leveled areas)
    Set bonuses for milestone levels (10, 30, 70, 120 and fix them to whatever it is after Tempest, don't even have to be busted sets just maybe +all stat or something)
    Allow all untradable equips (including SOK and related items) to be movable through storage once.
    Give all bosses a special kind of equip , giving a set bonus.
    Buff the level of all current boss related equips to be more fitting to the level someone would be when they do a boss (ZHELM lvl70 or 100 or something, I've never heard of anyone so low actually help fight zak before, and 50 is still way too low for a boss like Zak, no matter how pomegranatety it is for those stats).
    Similar to making maps similar to LHC, make more theme dungeons.
    Buyable Item Locks, and allowing locked items to be movable through the storage.
    Change in the sky as the day progresses (either through Nexon's servers or a user's own computer clock if that's even possible)

2. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

A revamp of PvP, that is well thought out (not laggy, works good for jobs like Arans and Demon Slayers, everybody has a fair chance to win and normal classes have enough health to stay alive for at least 30 seconds, balanced, rewards that will not be worthless as soon as new content comes out).
    A huge meso drain that will make 2 billion mesos worth a lot.
    A revamp for all classes, that will nerf them instead of buff them.
    Removal of Boss % Damage and Ignore Monster DEF %.
    Quests for training.

3. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Problem is, Nexon Korea designs practically all the content. MapleStory is played in about 1/3 of korea and the largest playerbase and target audience is elementary schoolers so around ages 8-10. Kids at that age want different things than people of our age (the primary age of Nexon NA).

4. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

It would be nice if they actually bothered to complete anything they preciously started, and not with crap fillers (see: Masteria Aliens). Like the stuff that Arrg mentioned.
    They still haven't given us the theme park they promised. Actually, I just want an area with nice revisit value, instead of "stay for quests that ask to kill monsters good for exp at certain level range and leave"-type areas. Like everyone already said, places you can explore with nice secrets and questlines. Where monsters aren't just roadblocks if I'm not there for exp/drops.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

We need our own development team in the NexonNA HQ. I mean that age group is definitely not applied here since majority of players are usually high schoolers - college - 22+.

6. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

And that is where the problem lies. I honestly don't see it changing any time soon if ever.

7. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Interesting. I personally find the current curve more rewarding as I can actually see my character progress at a reasonable pace. Being someone who barely made it past 50 in the old curve (though I did play the "hardest" during the time when there was almost never any 2x), while a single level was rewarding, I find that I wasn't ever actually able to see my character progress and reach it's true potential.

8. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Cash shop trading expansion or something better to turn mesos into NX.

9. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

There is sooooo much I think could do better for this game:

Make level 185-200 actually difficult. This is the end of the game. You shouldn't be reaching it within a week.

Add more party play areas.

Add more player GMs. Let them be hired and monitored closely by Nexon.

Make skill books be available by quests that are repeatable.

Add more content from 120-200. I shouldn't have to be at LHC for next 40 levels.

Negate leeching by making it so you can get significantly less experience when you're not actually attacking at party play areas.

Nerf places like Aliens and Jesters that have high exp:level ratio. Why should a level 90 monster give more experience than monsters that are level 130?

Make bosses actually hard. Add more att doesn't mean anything.

Nerf decent skills and buff party skills. Period.

Make exp for monsters 70+ more than some of these places now. I shouldn't be at Jesters for the next 20 levels just because everything else around me is terrible.

Nerf boss critical/pdr. Makes this game too easy.

Add elemental equipment and elemental immune/weak monsters. It shouldn't just be for mages, and actual effects sure occur. For example, darkness can do extra damage to light-esque monsters and blind, while lightning can do more damage to water-based monsters and proc a chain lightning, etc.

Make NPC'ing equips grant more money. If I can't get a rare drop/a drop I can't use or sell, then I should at least turn it into good pot money.

Up the ratio in which monsters drop the amount of mesos.

Get rid of OR increase bad potential. Either dump it or make it so its +20% Accuracy or +300 HP.

i have a ton of ideas.

10. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

They used to be worth a lot more but the drop rate on EQs was absurdly low compared to now. I think it's better if they're more common and less NPC money than the other way around.

11. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Stop making theme dungeons. They're not fun at all, they don't provide any exploration afterwards, and they're usually just dumbed down area's of actually GOOD areas in other Maplestory versions (Cherry Blossom Castle, Fantasy Themepark (holy pomegranate please don't add this nexon), NEO GODDAMN CITY, Kerning Square.). The only thing they're good for is grabbing a medal and getting an item at the end.

12. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I really want the old PvP back. Even though back then gear still matter due to Battle Attack, now that potential is thrown in the equation, gear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>skill.

13. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Oh, that totally made me think about -- there should be party PvP, not sidelined like with old!fPvP but rather as the only available PvP mode on every second or third day? Hardmode: friendly fire turned on.

Really, given targets capable of strategizing as one is in PvP, I think it would be hella fun to work out different kinds of maps that make people really think about terrain. But hey, I'm no game designer; as much as I might join in grumbling about balance, I'd be hard pressed to come up with an elegant and workable system. Sadly.

14. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I also wish there are epic quests with relation to the main storyline/branch storyline that gives a lot of exp when completed. This way, people can enjoy the story while cutting down the amount of grinding one needs when they're higher levelled.

15. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

What would I like? Nothing special really. Just a revamp of heroes' storyline. Tie up all the loose ends and scrap outdated information ( like Aran's beginning). I'd be happy with that, along with an actual conclusion. :]

16. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

-We don't need more party play areas. If you have them, people just flock to the best one and stay there anyways.
    -Quality > quantity. Nexon does not need more, they need better.
    -People would still leech anyways.
    -Aliens are stupid. Jesters have high EXP because they have high HP.
    -Decent skills are already nerfed versions of their respective party skills. For a lot of them, there's not much more they can do without just removing them.
    -The EXP of other monsters is not terrible, Jesters' EXP is just better. Honestly, go outside of Jesters and you'll level just fine.
    -They don't need to add more meso into the game; the meso is worth even less than nothing.
    -(see above)

17. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

I would like to see bosses that have complex attack patterns that don't just involve "1/1, 10k full map attack, damage reflect, debuff, (other skill that makes you useless for a while)". Potion lock is a good concept imo but it's just implemented poorly considering that most boss attacks are unavoidable. Also make moving bosses that can't be KBed.

Basically incencitise players to move around more instead of staying in one place and spamming their 1v1.

Also as others said, remove the useless potential lines and replace them with things such as %summons damage, %elemental resist, %status resist, -% damage taken, etc.

18. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Actually that is a good idea, instead of getting those useless lines at least with your idea we will get something good and don't cry for not getting % main stat and the poor would not feel bad for his crappy pots.

19. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Theme dungeons are fine and are actually valuable to KMS. People you know, train in them and do the quests in them in KMS. I do them here too. Plus, they offer mmbs and good rewards. On top of that, it's not a living tragedy IF Malaysia is removed anyway. PLUS there is no PROMISE that because a Theme dungeon is added that the original area will disappear.
    Answers in bold and 90% of what you said isn't CONTENT which what this thread is about.

20. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I personally like theme dungeons and I do almost all of them. I like how you include Ninja Castle and Malaysia on your list of good areas when no one's ever there. They'd definitely be better if they finally removed party play from LHC and nerfed Aliens and Jesters.
    Last edited by Jamesie; 2012-10-02 at 11:58 PM.