Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

As I've said before, I'd like them to revamp crafting. I loved it when it first came out and they've hardly done anything with it. They could have special recipes, and materials that drop from certain mobs...

It just has so much potential.

-snicker-

2. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

A boss that is extremely powerful and requires damage output to be constant or else you lose in one minute.

While people fight the other boss, there can be portals that your party members go through to do jump quest or a puzzle or something of the like that can damage the boss, remove buffs, etc etc.

The idea is obviously pretty weak atm, but I think something like that could be pretty cool.

3. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Any compensation for hoarded/not-yet-used books?

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

An intriguing quest line. A 200-exclusive area. A 200-exclusive PQ that's actually challenging instead of just "kill monsters, kill more monsters, kill the boss."

Literally anything that would inspire someone to say, "Hey, I can look forward to this at level 200!" besides "Oh great, I get a couple of skills."

5. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Whats even more wrong is that mages dont get to use magic guard against azwan towers forcing them to carry hp pots or guzzle their hp+mp pots un-nessasaraly.

OT:Gpq come back badass style and netts for level 110+ carecters

6. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

1. Remove or decrease player requirements for the pqs. There have been lots of times when i felt like farming for traits or quest items when i only have 1 or 2 available friends online.

2. MTS or something allowing non-nx users to get nx again.

3. More neat mods on items. We have very few items that give things like +5% fire damage, it's depressing when potential is basically the only thing that matters on every item.

4. More classes. I won't be satisfied until we have over 50.

7. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

-I disagree with this. I don't know if it is just me or what but I think the game was more enjoyable when it was as hard as pre big bang to lvl up. Leveling actually felt like an accomplishment unlike what it is now. At the very least they should tweak the current exp curve so that, as Kaasoljoyyx said, you get to try each piece of content the game has to offer without the feeling you're wasting time and could be doing more by just plain grinding.

-Revamp the quest system and turn it into an alternative to regular training. Make questing as productive as regular grinding so that one can pick between the two without questing being a total waste.

-Expand on the Black Mages story, or even better, end it over already. It's hard to think why they are holding back on its development. Coming up with alternative villains that can drive the progress of MS isn't hard. The only thing I can imagine is they know no better than use new jobs in order to get the story to move forward, if anything. Thinking about it, it's the only way the BM's story has really moved ahead somewhat.

-Improve Amoria PQ so that people will want to APQ again while keeping it as restricted as before. The reason people would APQ was getting apples because apples were expensive an a legitimate source of income. Making APQ as accesible as monster park would ruin that. It's hard to think how they can do this but... it's their job, they get paid to think of that.

8. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I don't like quest-based leveling. I'm a fan of questing, but quest-based leveling just sounds wrong to me. Maybe monsters can give less EXP and quests can give 5x the EXP they currently give (50x for the main quests, and the main quest line of each class can give some kind of very powerful item at the end), but having leveling focused entirely on quests doesn't sound like a good idea.
    Last edited by Tukkun; 2013-07-23 at 12:30 PM.

9. Neutron Male
    IGN: Yugidude3536
    Level: 177
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Prospect
    Alliance: ComeAtUsBro
    Michigan

to the TS's Point: thier are numours other places to train. for 4th job, no1 is making you stay @ LHC or SH. The reason people do, is because the HP-EXP ratio is so broken is those places. What id want, is for Nexon to

A. Buff the EXP in other less prominent 4th job places (Futo Hen, ToT, Leafre, Nath, etc.)
    B. Nerf the EXP in SH and LHC, so that the places i listed above have the same ratios

10. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

This, perhaps in the form of special instance dungeons.

Something interesting would be an invincible boss you're supposed to escape from using object NPCs in the dungeon itself (and get to kill eventually...but only if you survive the chase first). Or (borrowing this idea from Dragonica/Dragon Saga)perhaps even a boss that you can only damage using object NPCs in the boss room; you'd have to kill endlessly spawning minibosses to gather (uncommon) items to activate said NPCs. All while the boss in question is attacking you. Personally, I also thought that old Balrog's "invincibility + regen + destroy objects to resume fight" schtick was a pretty cool idea.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

I was thinking about this and a good idea would be to have a boss with a similar meteor shower to Magnus but the meteors cast damage/accuracy debuffs (eg -10% damage/accuracy per hit, cannot be dispelled, lasts for 1-2 minutes depending on the meteor grade) to encourage dodging without having a retarded 1hko effect.

12. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

I too love the crafting system so it sort of disappoints me that everyone gets the same things to make. Things that I'd add:

1) Special materials/recipes: Perhaps make some materials region specific so you'd actually have to travel to gather the stuff, and the recipes could be combined to make one outfit with a set effect. Job quests could also be added so that only level 10 crafters would be able to specialize then learn extra gathering skills to create these equips.

2) Enhancements: While it won't surpass potential, I was thinking of an option where you could add gems with certain bonuses or even fuse two of the same equipment to get an enhancement at a certain success rate.

3) Specialization: As mentioned above, why not make it so classes get bonuses on their items at a certain %? Of course, to balance this out you'd have to make the equipments extremely difficult to make but it'd be something for players to work on and such projects could make players maintain more interest in the game since they'd also have more decent damage.

Just my 2 mesos worth.

13. Electron Gay Male

Level: 200
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Inquisition
    Pennsylvania

#1) More end game content. There's really no incentive to keep playing at lv 200, unless you are into bossing.
    2) Changing level up content. Like the OP said, every time a new class is released you end up training at the exact same monsters and doing the exact same things, just with newer flashier skills.
    3) Better PvP (ie more balanced) and raids.

14. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

1. I actually want new classes. Mainly, I want the Thief Resistance, the rest of the Novans, and I would like to play a set of the Black Mage's Commanders (Orchid, Arkarium, Hilla, Lotus to name a few).
    2. I want more variety in events. Most of our events consist of the following, and I'd prefer differences: hold something for 30 min. for a buff+exp+possible coin; log in for x amount of minutes to upgrade, gather __ of something for a buff and exp.
    I like things like KMS' board games where you get dice through a couple of different ways and then you can roll for a quest or something else. From this we could make even more types, but not just one of the things I listed above with a bunch of recolored stuff.
    3. More training areas. Between my characters, I train at the same things, and the only differences are the levels that I start training in these places. Grandis was a great new addition, but AFAIK, no "stellar" training spots.

15. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

Um. Diversity. and more of it. right now the only thing diverse is the characters. and thats not saying much. I would like diveristy is playing style and upgrading. which can be one in the same depending on how you look at it. Tackling Upgrading: you need to upgrade more than just power. right now the game only really offers stat upgrades. I would like to say potential from rare-> legendary have more non-power lines. Like more % recovery every X seconds. And maybe some equipment that have exclusive lines. So Overall's can have an advantage over Top+bottom and Shelds could have some defenive stats or potenial only skill, but this is leading into another discussion.

The other thing for new content is playing style. If characters actually had different play styles and roles in the party then people might have the insensitive to party.

I would say new places and such but they always mess them up.

16. Neutron
    IGN: Ironclad
    Level: 100
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Guild: StonersUnite
    Alliance: Multiple Alliances.
    usa

Change the exp and drop rates from monsters back to the old style, I rather enjoyed hanging out in certain areas looking for rare drops, not worrying about my level being too high, something i always enjoyed is seeing clear results of my character growing stronger by being able to train casually on monsters that were previously able to kill me in a few hits.

17. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

I would like a place where you can get above average exp, and have a nostalgic trip. A storyline that ties into past maplestory using the Ludi Time Machine, or Neo City, where some crazy loon is trying to ruin the past to cause a chain effect with the present. You'll be able to travel back to many places in old maple such as the old and famous training spots, towns, etc. The mobs will be adjusted, of course, but it will have a sort of "nostalgic" feel to it. I know this topic of "past maple" is a very overused one, but this way, it gives a greater purpose to existing places. The area would likely be for whatever levels don't have a decent training spot, and likely for the higher levels (180++)

...I have no idea what I just wrote.

18. Default Re: New Content Discussion: What do you actually want?

The ability to customize your characters in multiple ways.

We had this feature before and lost it entirely instead of having it expanded upon. It used to be that you could potential your warrior pants for Accuracy or Strength, or you could opt for a Stonetooth, Red Katana or some third thing as your endgame weapon. You could decide how much bonus speed you wanted from Thrust or find uses for Shadow Web or Meso. The order you maxed your skills was something for you to decide and it was a meticulous process. I made the executive decision to max Strafe and Golden Eagle early on to go to Newties rather than Arrow Eruption to stay at Typhons (I don't actually remember if I did this or not).

Now there's no reason to to do X thing because there is literally no situation where X is useful, either because the content that needed it is gone or because Y is 200x better, or both. You can get to 200 so quickly that literally nothing about your character matters.

If I want to customize a character to specialize in attack speed, boss damage, training speed, movement speed, elemental damage, PvP or defense or support then let me. You have classes that specialize in those things but their talents are wholly replaceable or unused. It doesn't matter that an I/L Mage can do Ice or Lightning Damage when they need to use Elemental Decrease to remove it.

Really, this would require another Big Bang, except instead of doing stupid sh'it like lowering Job Advancement levels and removing secondary stat requirements and doubling the number of hits Genesis, Blast and Piercing Arrow do, they could actually add content.

But then people will go back to peaching that every class should have Flash Jump and pomegranate. asdfghjkl

Also give us back the first incarnation of PvP. Where we didn't die all the time, where we had different rooms, where we had different modes to play, where we could choose if we wanted Potential to work or not, etc. The only thing I would change is to make an NPC like the Mu Lung Dojo where people with the best ranks would be listed every weak and to make it slightly easier to get Gallant Emblems. That's it.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

This is a good idea, but the MapleStory universe is already so confused that trying something like this isn't going to be easy at all. It'd require another Big Bang-style revamp for it to really work, as there's too much content shoved into the Level 1-70 range, and not enough content after the 120+ range.

The game also does a really poor job at guiding players each of the various areas of the game, probably because visiting some areas is highly inconvienent. (Why bother going from Kerning Square to Korean Folk Town, when Sleepywood and Orbis are closer? Why even go to Omega Sector when the return trip to Ludibrium is such a hassle, and Ariant has better training grounds and quick travel to Orbis and Victoria Island?) I have a few ideas on how to restructure each area, but that will probably come tomorrow.

The justification for each class' main story could be something like this:

- Adventurers: At first, they're treated as mercenaries looking for glory, but as they solve each town's problems and face greater threats, they begin to be recognized as potential heroes of the current generation that may have the power to stand up to the evils of the past.

- Cygnus: The Cygnus Knights visit each town to maintain order, stamp out the Black Wings, and to reassert the fact that Cygnus is their Empress and that the Knights of Cygnus are committed to protecting their people.

- Resistance: After some victories in Edelstein, the Resistance members travel the world to stir up trouble against the Black Wings, in the hopes that the Black Wings divert their forces away from Edelstein before the Resistance is ready to stage an open revolt to retake their city.

- Heroes: Well... The Heroes keep their current story, but some may have to be re-written at certain parts.

---

As for bosses, I'd think the attack design could be a lot more creative. Like for example, there could be a stationary boss in the middle of the map that casts an AoE Slow in one direction that is completely unavoidable and unblockable. This isn't just a regular slow, it's one that cannot be cured through pots, puts all skills on CD for 10 seconds, and also slows your attacking speed by 3 stages.

If neither of the following actions is performed within 7 seconds of the slow being casted:

- An unaffected Bishop gets over there and Dispels the Slow.
    - People on the unaffected side activate a protection stone that instantly cures everyone on the other side from the slowing effect. The person activating it must be standing on top of the stone, well out of attacking range of the boss.

...The boss uses a completely unavoidable and unblockable map-wide attack that instantly kills all slowed characters, but it leaves all unaffected characters alone.

Or the stationary boss detaches itself from its place in the map every once in a while. When it does this, it gives itself an attack boost and is completely invulnerable to all attacks, but is only capable of using melee-ranged skills. Characters with a high enough Jump value may be able to dodge his attacks with a well-timed jump if they can't run out of its attack range. He also can't hurt anyone just from collision damage.

What it will do when it becomes mobile is relentlessly chase down whoever has aggro, and won't return to its stationary position until that person either dies or people inflict enough damage to this 'power source' that was covered by its hitbox beforehand. (This power source also heals the boss when it is stationary, and it's possible to damage it further when the boss is on top of it by using area-of-effect attacks. This is considering that most of the top DPS skills in this game are projectile attacks that will only hit the stationary boss but not the crystal.)

But beyond that, I'd like to see more bosses that won't have the typical combination of damage reflect without warning/seduce/HP and MP to 1/lol 20k mapwide damage as a regular attack/zombify that we've come to expect.

20. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Spoiler

Look at what people can think of! Nexon should take in community input into MapleStory, seriously.