Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valve?

More...

3. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Cozmose
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Enthralling
    Alliance: Provocative
    usa

Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

4. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

>Buying Valve.

Time to

DAMN IT.

6. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

I could have swore I read this same "news" two weeks ago, and in it it had some responses from Valve people saying that they did have some type of conference with Nexon, not knowing what it was about. When they heard that they wanted to buy Valve, Valve basically laughed at Nexon and left. They said that they felt the company was worth at least 3x the offer, and that they weren't even remotely considering selling anyway.

If Nexon has so much money to throw around, why don't they...I don't know...IMPROVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEMSELVES INTERNALLY? Instead of throwing idiotic offers around, fix your god-dammn company.

Edit: Looking for said article, I ran across a bunch of "EA tries to buy Valve for over 1 billion." Does Nexon even think? At least offer more money. But, first...you know...get on that "fixing yourself" thing. It kind of should be Priority 1.

7. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Didn't Nexon try to buy EA as well?

8. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

Yep.

9. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

It was my understanding that EA was trying to get input from Nexon about how to market a soccer game in Korea, unless that was something else.

10. Electron

IGN: same
    Job: Arch mage I/L
    Guild: Benevolence
    Alliance: Xenophobia Polaris

usually I like to lurk in the shadows but let me just say this: all Nexon is doing is trying to boost their stock so they can get a more favorable rating.

Nexon do not posses the war chest to even cover 40% of Steams's values and NCsoft is trying to stay afloat.
    Nuff said, back to lurking.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

loool, nexon trying to assimilate valve, gotta know how much you can chew.

12. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

Nope, can't deal with even just the idea of this happening, regardless of it having no chance of happening.

I want Nexon and Valve to have as little as possible to do with eachother.

13. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

Because money feels good to wipe your ass with.

14. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

> Valve has more than 300 employees.
    > more than 300 employees.
    > 300 employees.

Get on that, Nexon, before you start eyeing other companies.

15. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

Doubtful. But it would have been fun to see how Nexon would meddle with DotA 2 if they did buy Valve.

16. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

No. Don't even joke about that.
    Please.
    It would turn pay2win and IceFrog would have no say in balance anymore and we all know how balanced games like Maplestory are.

17. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

Wouldn't cost $900m to fix Nexon.

18. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

..I wouldn't put it past them LOL

19. Default Re: Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCSoft buy blockbuster publisher Valv

I want Nexon to buy Valve just so i can laugh at my friend that worships Valve.

20. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Are you a Nexon worshipper?

On Southperry?

*snigger*