Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Default Re: Why did you decide to go to college?

Mostly as a backup plan in the event that I blow all of my money

In all seriousness, I do it because I like learning about topics that interest me. It has turned me into a far more well rounded individual in terms of general knowledge, but in social areas as well. The benefits of college can't solely be limited to a piece of paper and one day that you get to wear a robe and have your picture taken. College is a platform for developmental growth on an individual level. At least it was for me.

2. Default Re: Why did you decide to go to college?

Because I don't want to be a NEET all my life .. The job situation sucks in england especially in my area, no growth at all. It's got tot he point where the jobcentre doesn't even ask me if I've been looking for work.

Chances are I won't get a job after college either but I'd rather try then sit playing maple/xbox all day.
    Last edited by Foxino; 2012-09-28 at 03:43 AM. Reason: I can't spell..

3. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Im going for a few reasons.

I started when I was 14, and that was to escape the high school I would have had to go to, which is known for having lockdowns almost weekly due to fights/riots happening.

I continued to a University for my BA because I had decided what I wanted to pursue as a career.

I plan to continue on to graduate school if I can in order to further myself and possibly secure a better position in my field.

It really is an awesome thing to do, and especially if you can get involved with housing on campus. The last 2 years have been awesome because I was able to work in housing, and meet so many people. I actually joke that I know too many people! Which is awesome in comparison to before, where I didnt have too many friends.

4. Default Re: Why did you decide to go to college?

I've always done well in studies. I like to study my subjects. I intend to go into academic/industrial research which would definitely require at least degree. I'm paid to study. And my parents would have my blood and all if I decided not to study in uni, because so many jobs require a degree (I'm not one for acturial and accountancy work). And it feels great to study at where I am now, so I don't regret my decision a single bit.

UK's situation is not looking great now, true. Papers don't guarantee much these days... I feel for you.

Hadriel

5. Default Re: Why did you decide to go to college?

Because it gave me something to look forward to besides working the graveyard shift.

And, well I like learning. It's not always the easiest, but you know, I think that I can trick myself into thinking that this will pay off at some point.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

7. Default Re: Why did you decide to go to college?

Same here but mine was the Air Force.

I decided to go to college right out of high school. I was afraid if I took that first year off, I would not want to go.

My first year or so was a pretty good experience. I enjoyed it, I got a pretty good job out of it and some good contacts as well.

Attending DeVry now makes life pretty easy. I can have a normal life, and spend my weekends doing all my college homework. Its not too bad really. I finish in February.