Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Status ailments aren't useful, Poison is useful. Seal and Freeze are garbage.

2. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I would be the exception since I don't hate anyone in GAZED (or try to not hate on anyone o-o;) but it's the classes that I don't like in PvP at all (Phantom, DS, mages, etc). If it was more balanced (whether it would be separated by class "tiers" or if everyone's move had balanced effects), I would see more people actually joining.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Anyone without annoying avoid i can seal lock with holy charge and acb

4. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I haven't seen seal be used. Stun is useful, and burn and freeze have actually slowed me down and gotten in my way so I'm going on a limb and saying they are useful, at least when the mages use em.

5. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I played in the lvl70+ room and I have to say... it feels more... "right". When nothing can 1 shot you and no one is completely invincible, the game just feels heckuva lot better.

If the lvl120+ room turned off all potentials, I think PvP would actually be "saved" minus a few problems like no maps, modes, or safe area.

6. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I can't say Seal's entirely useless. It's the only counter for mages I can think of while Frostprey chips away at their health. (._. ;)

7. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Eh, I guess the best part of this is update is that some of the "tide turning" items such as Power Fists and HP Hearts are no longer available. On the other hand, the introduction of potential in PvP is just disastrous.

8. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Quick question, are people able to glitch decent skills in PvP again?

9. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I haven't tested, but I don't think so. Also, it doesn't really matter, you'll lose them as soon as you relog, and possibly cc, anyway.

10. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Since potential is not disabled inside, I highly doubt you can glitch the skills.

11. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Isn't "burn" DoT? DoT is the pits, it goes straight past MGuard :P I keep forgetting to use Seal, though -- it just doesn't occur to me when I'm in PvP for some reason, though I certainly use it sometimes when facing higher-level mobs that have magic attacks. I wouldn't say it's useless. If I'd just remembered to use it more, I'm sure I'd have managed a few more narrow squeaks.

Doesn't it have a cooldown in PvP though? I can't imagine that they would give us spammable Seal in PvP...

12. Electron Gay Male

Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Inquisition
    Pennsylvania

Two things I hate:
    1. People who kill you after you spawn. You should be allowed to spend as much time as you want casting buffs.
    2. People who snipe kills, ie using an ultimate to take credit for the kill when they didn't do the most damage.

13. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Heres my take on the new PvP Grand Battle:

As Phantom (level 200) all I do is rapid fire and use Penumbra (for instant kill). The only time I die is when I buff, walk into AoE, and the usual low on life. To counter this I can steal some Priest Skills like Guard and Heal (but has delay).

As a Shadower (level 170) all I do is SmokeScreen, Dark Sight + Nate. Takes timing and skills.

As a Dual Blade (level 160) I just attack and die

Generally speaking the classes I fear most are Dark Sight with Nate (Shadowers), Battle Mages using Tornado thing, and that Ultimate Ninja FMA just obliterates my thief completely. Also when it comes to damage reflect classes like Demon Slayers and Mechanics I ONLY attack them when I respawn since I have 5-second god-mode.

In the end I know exactly what makes a player Godly in PvP...
    Spoiler

That being said, I can still PvP and I can't complain.

One thing I'm not sure if I should like or dislike is those Gallent Emblem Farmers. (free kills but seriously farming?)

Random - In PvP if you go to the top platform and look at the Sky, it looks like the map's background is similar to the "Evolving System" that was implemented recently in KMS.