Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

The fact that the level accuracy system exists is the worst part of it -_-

2. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

That's what I said when we saw the first KMS videos roll out:

They took all the problems of old PvP and made them full blown features!

3. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

1. If your Job has no way of avoiding my Phoenix,Elite Puppet or Inferno DoT, You're as good as dead.
    2. If your job is a phantom, I'm as good as dead.
    3. Shadowers are very brokenish. (Assassinate+DarkSight perma invincibility)

Seriously though, Inferno's DoT is what massacres so many people. I get half my kills while dead. 70% win rate the game claims me to have as a bowmaster, Improvement? No, I used to pull over 2.5k BP in old pvp and now I get maybe 6 emblems.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

No safe spots is dumb, it lets people just camp.

Tips for Marksmen:

To succeed at all I literally had to buff up, go to the bottom corner (people tend to gravitate to the left of the map so I went to the bottom right corner) of the map with pierce charged and elite puppet ahead of me. My only hope for survival was to pierce immediately when you see anyone. Then snipe, then spam ultimate strafe. Don't bother with Arrow Eruption at all. Don't bother with Blizzard or Dragon Breath either. If you see a Phantom you will probably lose. Don't bother trying to hit a Mercedes because they'll just leaf tornado you. If you aren't charging pierce (why aren't you charging Pierce?) then use your Arrow Eruption. Every class should just their AoE

Buff once or twice as you respawn. It doesn't matter if you aren't done rebuffing because there are going to be 3 people attempting to kill you right when when you spawn. Run and buff at the same time. Bowmasters and F/Ps are the worst offenders because of DoT. If there is an F/P expect to respawn in a cloud of poison. Run before the blow it up and run before the DoT gets to you. They only need to hit you once to get the DoT on you. If you're feeling ballsy you can throw Puppet in the fray and bail. It has a tendency to kill low health people.

My best KO streak was 5. Good luck, you'll need it.

5. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Magic Guard is really OP. Now I don't die on the rare occasion people are actually able to hit me.

No one wised up, though, if they looted all the MP hearts, I'd be screwed.

Most of my deaths were because of Demon Slayer Reflect.

Normally, I am legitimately so bad at PvP, a gentle breeze could probably kill me.

Also, I should steal Holy Shell. Then I'd pretty much have all the perks of being a bishop, except I'd hit as hard as my Phantom.

6. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

More and more justification of phantoms being nerfed lol.

7. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

pvp isn't so bad until you get into the very high arena then all you overpowered bastards the systems decide to put me up against with just annihilate me

8. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Sugarsouffle
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Virtus
    Alliance: TeamRocket
    Washington

Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I'm actually rather enjoying PVP. My problem lies with an overly funded NL lurking around the very high tier, so I tend to try and keep away from that tier.

I don't have too many problems with Mages, but Bishops are pretty high on my annoyance scale.They're damn near invincible that I just try to keep away from them.

Phantom using smokescreen makes me as good as dead. I dont have much trouble with their MG though.

I tend to also have problems with theives using Sudden Raid. Most of the thieves I've encountered are all pretty funded,and I can never quite stay out of their way.

Does anyone know how to get the "Pretty on the inside" Title?

9. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I actually did a decent job jump casting pierce.
    It's still stupidly hard going up against classes with DR (I cannot kill a mechanic at all without dying from DR), Dodge skills or DoT, which is all of them.
    Dual Blades flat out refuse to leave Dark Sight.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Whoa what the crap?! How long did you PvPed to get 193m experience?? @_@ Why is it so high? Or is that how much EXP you normally get from PvPing?

11. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Did it for while with just my ordinary skill set and got this:

Spoiler

With Magic Guard/Holy Magic Shell I'll be destroying tomorrow. Feels really unfair though..

12. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

245 kills worth I guess
    Spoiler

^ Here is todays

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

How long were you PvPing? An hour? 30 minutes? 20 minutes? Also, what level are you?

14. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

About an hour, level 200

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

~19-30% EXP for one hour of just killing everyone around you.....

16. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I got that title somehow. Probably gotta die 100 times, or 50 times in a row. Those are the only two notable things that I recall doing. The title just gives charm exp and has no stats, so I wouldn't doubt it may be one of those two things. And I think I may have encountered the NL that you're talking about...

17. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Tried playing it. Even as an arch mage I couldn't do jack pomegranate; this is far too broken. There shouldn't be dodge skills.

How to balance PvP? Make it about stalking characters. Give everyone the exact same damage. Remove the mini-map, add hiding spots and make the map(s) bigger.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

He has 300%+ (maybe even 400%+) LUK as well as an absurd amount of W. ATK (not sure if that counts in PvP).

19. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

My main is an aran, and it's practically impossible to get all the way to triple swing either because the key doesn't register or because some broken class or another has killed me. Phantoms, dual blades, even bowmasters can kill me in literally 2 seconds, and when I take nearly 30 trying to actually get hits, not to mention chasing them. Bishops are also practically invincible. Two bishops came into the match I was in and everyone left right then. The new PvP honestly made me feel like giving up by the time I only got 2 gallant emblems. I just couldn't stand the pomegranatey control, lag and broken hitboxes (I would be affected by ranged attack that hadn't even touched me constantly, which is a huge pain.)

20. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

It's more laggy than the old one for me.
    The moment I entered the Very High room, OHKO'd
    All I seem to get from BaMs, Phantoms and Mercedes are "NO-HIT NO-HIT NO-HIT"
    I prefer the old one by far.