Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

....afk class LOL

2. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Hm, maybe I'll give it a look if MGuard has been buffed up so much that I won't get OHKO'd all the time :'D

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Cannoneers who are funded to the max are too OP. Put a anchor next to a monkey and camp at the corner with it and that's GG.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Potential always works now in PvP right?

*Doesn't even start Maplestory anymore to try*

I actually wonder if Maplestory is the first "big" game that allows you to do 50 times more damage in a PvP mode when you pay the creator.

Imagine this system in CoD, Battlefield, Halo, etc... One user does 5000% more damage per bullet then other players...

1001% fail... :')

5. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

this new pvp sucks lol wayyyyyy too laggy, i went afk with vengence/metamorph spam and came back with kills i guess its better for farming emblems than the old one 1 emblem charged every 10-20min afking

6. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Dear god in heaven how can it be laggier than the old one?!?

7. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

It comes really easy to me, but I don't really like it to be honest. It's not very fun, granted I didn't really have much fun as a night lord with the original PvP system. Had a little bit more entertainment on the first day with this, but I'm still kind of on the fence about whether I like it or not.

Record at the end of the day was like 300:40 but this is the highest screenshot I actually bothered to take

Spoiler

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

lol @ ONE gallant emblem

9. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Horrible, Kari.
    Horrible.
    I also learned that battle mages are mage killers.
    Their DoT damage kills people's mana when they have magic guard on.

10. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

That's a display glitch, I got 6 yesterday but it also displayed 1. The rate appears to be around 10 minutes of activity for 1 emblem, regardless of performance.

Also, I was able to access it after 11PM, and a little past 12AM. What are the exact times?

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

PvP is awful. At the "Very High" difficulty, almost everyone can 1-2hko each other, which is a problem once you get into large mobs.

Also, lolsmokescreen and loldarksight.

12. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Lolpvp in a game that's historically as unbalanced as Maple.

13. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

The sad part is it was pretty balanced excluding a dozen minor factors, then they did the big bang patch which annihilated it

14. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I will never touch PvP. Balanced PvP has no place in Maple considering the amount of damage players do and the latency between them. The only way I feel PvP would work is if it was a FFA area where people could literally and figuratively whack each other off for funsies sorta like a Maya's House v2. Unfortunately, you actually have to try hard to get things within x amount of time, which means you can't afk / hangout there indefinitely.

15. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I played my Paladin in PVP for an hour and earned 4 gallant emblems and another 4 or 5 from quests. From my limited experience, here's my first wave of complaints:

• Summons are ridiculous. They seem to have 100% hit rate and they bypass Divine Shield. Mercedes were really just too fast for me to keep up with; they'd swing by and let their summon hit me then just glide away.
    • Mages in general are a problem if Magic Crash is on cooldown or it fails. If it works, well...that guy is going to die, fast. Evans and Battlemages are nearly untouchable without MC. They're definitely tankier than Paladins.
    • Demon Slayer's damage reflect is OP. It kills you faster than you can kill the caster.

I can't really think of any other class that felt threatening. I can attest that ultimates are fairly useful in PVP as the cooldown resets every time you die and they're great for catching players who are running away with low health.

16. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

I was doing the PVP on my Marksman for a few hours and the one class I have trouble with, Mages. They are almost impossible to kill. I can snipe and 1HKO almost any class provided they are not majorly funded, but not mages. My marksman's attacks are too slow and mages tend to just teleport back and forth around me and I end up dieing with their summon plus tele mastery. Bishops never die too, they just heal, shell, tele, summon, run. It was funny using arrow eruption and skill locking people, they would just stand there not knowing what to do.

17. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

It's horrible for the same reasons that everyone else is stating. Massive spawnkilling, certain classes are stupidly strong, and funded players have a massive advantage. I got stuck in limbo between the rooms because in Medium I would one-shot everyone, and in very high I would get one-shotted by everyone. In high it's either one or the other. In conclusion, I'm not playing that ever again.

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Man I can't wait to try this with my really op bm.

19. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

It would be nice is Illusion Step worked for Marksmen.
    I buff, charge pierce, hit someone and use snipe. If someone isn't dead by then then I definitely am.

20. Default Re: Thoughts on the new PvP Grand Battle

Given these reports, almost glad I got timezone'd out of this new PvP. Seems like the imbalances that were in PvP v1 have been exaggerated rather than addressed.