Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: GM owns a player

/* Ahahahhhahahahahaaaaaa!

AHhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

Ahahahaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA...
    */

Ahem.

Though, the fact that they have videos probably means they can't ban people without them. I always imagined they had some kind of... idk... records, logs, or server... stuff... to look at and not actually "play" the game to moderate. The fact that they have to CC to catch hackers is such a slow process... (they probably suffer the effects of "CCing twice because the first CC didn't go through"). From the beach party, someone said a GM logged on a laptop or something and they got lagged out by mount lag...

Also I bet they censored the chat because he had to use /find NAME ... I totally wouldn't be surprised if that was why... (or maybe fellow GMs talking informally...)

It makes me curious... for people who get banned so randomly (like me... or MTSnowy... or @Death; ), I wonder what basis they go by when they ban people... do they actually require video evidence?

2. Default Re: GM owns a player

One step forward, looking for the two steps back, wait for it people

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: GM owns a player

Back to the v.55s we go.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

This is actually fine work. But you know what else amuses me? That the player was able to send 5, count FIVE, tickets even after there's solid proof of their character hacking. Why allow someone to keep sending you tickets when you know they're guilty? That kind of stuff puts legit players' tickets on the backburner.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha this is funny. I'm quite used to seeing this in League forums, but it's amusing to see Nexon do it for once.

6. Default Re: GM owns a player

This is very impressive, nice to see them going on the right way, even if it might be more of a publicity stunt. If that scares even one script kiddie from using them I'll be happy already.
    The same reasoning that gives convicted murderes the right for a trial in the US. Equal opportunity.

7. Default Re: GM owns a player

Of course they record videos, it's the best way to maintain a record of the player doing something wrong that any GM can quickly look at if they protest the ban.

8. Default Re: GM owns a player

What they should have done was post the video and request that the user provides proof that wasn't him on the character, while showing some IP log that the IP did not change that day. That would have led to him having to prove he didn't do it, the way they handled it just allowed him to play shenanigans and waste their time.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I guess you mean the right to appeal and to be able to appeal continuously. Well, in that case, Nexon should have shown the video after the player's first "appeal" so as not to be constantly hit with that same player's appeals. But you're right, equal opportunity.

10. Default Re: GM owns a player

This is great. I really hope more GMs do this.

Its actually kind of fun to see a GMs UI :3

11. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

I saw this last night on their forums and i died laughing

12. Default Re: GM owns a player

Hm. I sent multiple screenshots of vachackers/FMAers in action for the last few (non-autoCCing) bots I reported via ticket, but they're still in commission. Pretty much all of them; I have a list as long as my hand.

Also, it can't be that video proof is required, unless every single person who's complained of false banning was a liar.

13. Default Re: GM owns a player

Saw the thread.

Saw the video.

Favorited the video.

14. Default Re: GM owns a player

Snovvy wasn't banned randomly. He was legitly banned for merching duped items.

15. Default Re: GM owns a player

NxJoeW used to do this all the time on sleepywood against a bunch of players complaining that they got banned for no reason. I don't know if his youtube channel is still active.

16. Default Re: GM owns a player

mwahahaha! Nice!

17. Default Re: GM owns a player

Even if it's a publicity stunt, it's a good one.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Weren't all of you billingpp'd though? That's separate from actual banning afaik.

19. Default Re: GM owns a player

Mine wasnt a billingpp.
    I was perm banned with the reason of using a third party program.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Oh. That... really sucks.

...I wonder how they justify autobans when challenged