Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I'll start:
    Zakum Jump Quest.

MAPLESTORY IS NOT A JUMP PLATFORMER. The jumps are clunky, the edge graphics make it difficult to tell when a platform actually begins, there is little control over your character in the air, and on top of that having a bunch of WOOO THROW STUFF AT YOU AS YOU TRY, YOU FELL? GO BACK TO SQUARE ONE! obstacles in the way is just plain annoying. Mario is a game made for jumping. Maplestory is not. The person that thought Maplestory would work as a jumping platformer needs to die, and I'm glad there aren't really new quests made with them in mind, but why do we still need to do it to get to a popular boss? Don't even get me started on the ones that have a bunch of flying monsters going around knocking you off platforms just for the hell of adding a random factor to it.

That lost glass shoe quest? Why is that still here? It sucks. Nobody wants to hunt boars for a billion hours for a quest item, especially now that you level so fast that there's no reason to be anywhere near the boar map for more than 14 minutes since you'd long outlevel them by then.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Huh, I'd think Maplestory is more of a jump platformer than most other MMORPGs.

I mean in GW2, in the harder jump quests, if you fall, you die. Bam. Not to mention the horrible camera angle.

Maplestory lacks both of those O_o.

3. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Arwen's Glass Shoe? I once had like 3 or 4 after doing Evan quests during 2x one day.

4. Default

The only problem with jump quests is the lag that occurs when the map shifts, because the entire map isn't constantly kept track of (and with some of MS' maps, that's a good thing).

Also @ shoe quest, I'm pretty sure they upped the drop rate.. A lot. Like blackbull's deed and ancient scrolls.

Quests that should be retired? Those that require you to be on at a certain time. It may work in the 'plot' of the quest, but come on, it doesn't make sense to just force that when we already have hot times and 2x events to do that.
    Also, barrier-of-entry boss quests like Secret Medicine of Transformation and the PB prequest (note that I only want boss quests done). I know those bosses aren't meant to be soloed, but.. They are. And I feel like greater accessibility to bosses is a good thing. The limits-per-day can, and should, stay.

5. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

That retarded as f`uck quest for married couples that you have to get ring fragments from.

It's called Circle of Trust and it's one of the few quests in the game that I never finished because it's f`ucking horrible.

6. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Hero's Will quest

7. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Any quest involving "kill x number of monsters around your level for 8 days."

8. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Better than "stay online for an hour for 8 days".

9. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I definitely agree that the Zak Jump Quests either needs reworking or just needs to be flat-out removed. I would also say the same with Hero's Will and that's partially because I hate Pianus since he's so impossible to find.

I really don't hate any of the quests other than those two really. May change or remove the Papulatus prequests because he's not even worth them anymore?

10. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Also despise Castellan JQ while you're on that. D:

11. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Zjq is actually pretty easy, I don't understand why so many people have a hard time with it. I guess its probably just lag which means get a better computer?(I realize that last line can make me sound like an ass)

OT: I haven't seen any quests that are a pain-oh wait lhc prequests for the god dam tower keys

12. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Why did you say Arwen's Glass Shoe? The drop rate of the shoe was increased exponentially at some point, just like the nependeath honey (syrup?), and you can find both in just a few minutes, if not in like 30 seconds.

13. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Get xxx of a certain ETC item. Well, it could vary.

14. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I remember the first time I went through ZJQ, it was a horrible experience lol. But through the years I got better and better at it and could finish both JQ's in around 5-10 minutes and would often run ZJQ services for guildies and friends that couldn't do it themselves (charged 1 eye from the 5 usually). It just takes practice and a little patience to learn the patterns, and that's what too many people lack these days, patience..

I personally always hated finding Manon's for the HT pre-quests, was slightly miffed when they reset the ToT quests, and the quests for Neo City when it was first released. Also, before the giant nerf to getting 4th job skills, trying to find people to do Nath PQ..... My god that was horrible, took me almost 4 weeks to find a warrior to get in to get my Dragon Breath skill...

15. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Mateon tentacles... Drumming Bunny drums... [god they even award WILLPOWER =.=]

Hadriel

16. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I wouldn't have minded the ordeal of waiting for Pianus spawn for Hero's Will if it was just the one time. Not so much, anyway. But a pineapplein' five minute limit in the warped dimension so you're forced to find Pianus three or four times? Whose brilliant idea was that? x_X

RE: Glass Shoe -- I'm pretty sure those drop from slimes or bubblings now, so you literally don't even have to move more than two maps away from the NPC.

17. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

Tristan's Successor quest. Defeat Balrog [4] 200 times for a medal that gives you +2 all stats? Really Nexon? REALLY? You expect level 50 characters that barely hit 4k damage a hit to join together with others 200 times for a stupid medal+6k xp? What were you smoking?

18. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Oh wait, I got another one.
    ...THE QUEST TO GET HERO'S WILL.

19. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Gotta love how I can use Somersault Kick to ignore jump quest obstacles.

20. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

It isn't that bad now and once you can solo. BUT! The medal doesn't even count in Medal UI, I was ragin', cajun-style once I got that ugly piece of tin and it didn't count.