1. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I feel like I'm the only one who wishes there were more jump quests in this game.

Anyways only quest I wish were retired or at least revamped is hero's will quest. Finding Pianus is very difficult to do and even then you may need to get several of its etc items.

2. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Putting my two cents in with the "rework hero's will" group. It'd be nice if you got a separate quest Pianus you could go to for the sake of getting quest-related items from it. If it wasn't for my late-night gaming schedule, I probably would've never got it done. Somehow I've got Hero's Will on three characters anyway, but it sure took awhile.

3. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Most jump quests in MapleStory are easy once you get the hang of it. Except Ellinia JQ where the hitboxes of the platforms are terrible.

4. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Didn't know glass shoe's rate was increased. Saw it in the FM for like 20m and assumed it was still a rare item, so excuse me for that one.

It's more annoying than hard, but it's a jump quest pretty much everyone will do. I don't know if the quest is still around, but anyone remember Shumi's lost coin quest or something? The one where bats are flying with random AI to knock you off ledges regardless of your skill?

Also, the platforms in crimsonwood keep jump area have those extra pixels for decoration on the edges of the platform that don't actually exist, giving you a false sense of where the platform ends and beings. Normally not a problem, but for some of those jumps you need to literally be at the edge for your jump, and that's more about estimating than visually looking. Oh, and of course your name box and other character effects get in the way as well.

5. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

This JQ discussion reminds me of the JQ in Crimson Wood Keep that you needed to do to get to Windraiders every time you fell. I actually liked that one. Oh the good ol days. But yea fk the Zak quest that pomegranate still takes me ages to do and I've done it more times than I can count.

6. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

DEFINITELY NO. wtp is wrong with you people?

You're basically asking for them to make the game even more simple. Zakum jump quest might be a bit hard but what is wrong with that? It is exactly why it should stay. It's one of the very few things left that require any amount of skills in this game.

As fot the glass shoe, you're right about that one.

Yes, Shumi's jump quest are still there. Everytime I create a new char I just have to do them because its one of the only things you can feel pride for finishing in this game anymore. Same with John's flower quest in Sleepywood. You think Zakum's jump quest is hard/annoying? try Sabritama's medicine flowers jump quest, and Never ever try that Ludibrium jump quest for missing Cogs.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

When you dp zJQ a few times you will find yourself doing it easily in 3-4mins.

8. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

The last time I checked Glass Shoes quest was retired. The etc still drops every few seconds though.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I would benefit if the Zakum JQ went away, since I'm completely unable to do it. Always have to ask a friend to do it for me.
    Nevertheless, I would be sad to see it go. It's pretty much the only challenge left in the game that is still as hard as the day it was introduced. (Note that "as hard" is relative. If you think it's easy, good for you. Doesn't change the fact that it hasn't changed since day 1, even if some classes have skills that make it a breeze). Taking it away would mean the final nail of simplification, dumbing down, and easy-mode'ing in old MapleStory's coffin.

I know there are other, harder jump quests that haven't changed. But they never were "essential" content. A character could live a full life without ever doing them. But a high-level char that can't Zak (or CZak) is odd, and missing something.

10. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I remember the old Shumi quests. They took me days to finish. Days. And then the reward, while I forget what it is, I remember it made me want to throw my computer out a window because it was SO F*CKING AWFUL.

While I agree with your point of it being as hard as it was since it was introduced...it was never really true difficulty. It was always difficult because of bullpomegranate. Perfect timing requirements, broken textures leading to misleading ends of platforms, randomness, etc. All of it is crap. It's not fun, and it's not hard in the way a game should be hard. If you finish having a hard time, you don't go "Wow, that was hard. I was practically sweating," you go "I pineappleing hated that and hope I never have to do that again because it was pineappleing bullpomegranate."

11. Electron Male
    IGN: Nanoq
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 149
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: DangoSoul
    Alliance: Soulful
    Alaska

I just did that ludibrium one and let me tell you, still hard xD those conveyors x_x

I love questing, Especially Ariant and Magatia. They have some cool, unique quests there. But a lot are very redundant. Chyrse is still horrible...even after being revamped.
    Most event quests are very boring, sadly. I wish they thought of something better. I can't think of any event quests I actually liked doing.

12. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I actually don't mind the zakum PQ... it'd be nice if you got some sort of account-wide token that let any of your characters go without having to repeat the process but still, it's not the worst thing ever. The Kaede Castle JQ seems more like a puzzle than a test of any sort of skill. Once I saw a video of how it's done, it stopped being a roadblock at all. I think these are fine.

That said... the original three JQs of old are incredibly archaic, unfair, and offer little compensation for all that wasted time. Waaaay back in beta, they weren't quite so useless; John's first one gave you screws, which were in demand, and a level 35 dark glove, which was also nice (considering almost no one got as far as level 50 in beta, grind was brutal yo) Sabitrama's awarded you with the moon rock I believe, which just about every warrior wanted to work towards completing the then-amazing Hero's Gladius, and while the direct rewards from Shumi were awful, the true reward was getting a map of bubblings or wraiths all to yourself for awhile, which as a cleric, the latter was a godsend.

Today? It's worthless, all of it. I wouldn't go so far as to say these JQs should be completely removed, but it'd be nice if they updated the rewards to something a bit more useful, for example 60% scrolls, which might still be "worthless" to veteran players, but a new guy could definitely find a use for them, or crafting recipes, or something. Not stuff absolutely nobody needs anymore.

13. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Isn't Toad JQ the really hard one? I feel that Zak JQ is still ok though.

14. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Sugarsouffle
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Virtus
    Alliance: TeamRocket
    Washington

I have no problem with any of the JQs. Then again, as a Mercedes, I tend to tornado my way through the Castellan Castle one. Shaves a good minute or two off of my normal time of going through it.

If I had to pick one quest...?

I think "Find Mariwaka's purse" sums it up quite nicely.

15. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves every single JQ?
    Especially zakum/kaede/sleepywood/forest of hope?

16. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

You are not alone. I wish they'd incorporate an arse load more.

17. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

I like the jump quests too but I must confess that the latest one I did was John's Final Present since 500 Willpower is actually not too bad a reward compared to the other JQs. As for which quests just need to go, I'm putting my vote in to quests such as that one quest that gets you some Honey for Sap of Ancient Tree (Sophia's Honey) and that one quest where you need to get Nependeath's Honey. I'd do them if there was some good quest dialogue or something but nope, rewards are not really worth it and it takes too much time.

18. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

A incredibly hard JQ that yields some decent rewards would be great too.
    And I would LOVE to have more new JQ's but I doubt that will ever happen.

I actually think they'll remove all JQ's to make ''the gameplay easier''.
    Hope not...

19. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

The point is that Maplestory doesn't feel like a platformer. The jumps are too stiff, the platforms have misleading graphics, movement is sluggish; and forcing players to do them to fight a boss is rather obnoxious. I love platformers, I've even played crap as hard as I Wanna Be The Guy and was able to get far in it before I lost my flash drive with it. Maplestory is NOT a platformer though, it reminds me of an NES game with crappy controls who's only difficulty is IN the crappy controls, not he stages themselves.

20. Default Re: Quests you wish would just up and retire already.

Pretty much all the quests are bad ._. Most of the quests in MS are just kill X of Y and collect Z for minimal reward. I liked the story in that desert town, and many of the job advancement quests are interesting, but after playing other MMOs with much more robust questing systems, MS just feels horribly lacking.

I thought the jump quests were okay, mostly because I didn't have any problems doing them. The movement controls did feel stiff, and a lot of them required you to abuse weird knockback mechanics, which was lame.