1. Default Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

TaliaNCo is rejoining the team as our Community Engagement and Event Coordinator.

She's been absent for a while due to a cross country move and other personal issues, but we're looking forward to renewed involvement.

Stealing her thunder a bit, but here is some of what you can look forward from the Event Committee in the upcoming months -

• Selection of a co-lead for the team (at least one, two negotiable as necessary) to provide more coverage for the role.
    • Events in the IRC channel
    • Events in-game (Oh yeah, we're a Maple forum, huh)
    • Events on forum. Well you're here anyway.

For those interested in joining the team you can submit a request from your user profile ->

http://www.southperry.net/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Request to join and will go into queue for interview and approval.
    Leaving is similarly easy for those who wish to step down, and like any volunteer position here on Southperry is always at the discretion of volunteers. We want you where you want to be, after all.

2. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

Thought I would give you all a bit of background here of the last year-ish and how things have now changed significantly for me overall.

As some of you may know, I spent nearly two years working two jobs. Roughly a year ago, my husband and I decided to move back to Maine from Nevada to be closer to my family. I literally spent the last year working myself to death in order to save enough money to do so. (Hubby was a stay at home dad, taking care of all other necessary things at the homestead.)

Roughly the end of April 2012, we made the decision to move into my outlaws (in-laws) home to help speed up the process and move before school started in the fall. I spent those final 3 months working 6 days a week, 12-15 hours a day to reach our goals. We literally sold, or gave away, most everything we owned and shipped the rest to my parent's home in Maine.

We left Vegas on July 28th and arrived in Maine on July 30th. The homecoming from my family here has been AMAZING! (I've been gone for 12 years and have only visited a handful of times during those years.) My children met their grandfather for the 1st time and saw their grandmother again after 2 long years. We spent our first 3 weeks at my parent's house while we found a suitable home for us and to allow bonding time for my parents and children.

After my 3 week vacation from work, I returned to work. Thankfully with one of my jobs in Vegas, I was able to transfer to a location here in Maine. Easy peasy! My husband also found a job and returned to the work force shortly after I did. (Thank God lol.) School also began and the children have adjusted wonderfully and are loving the changes.

Which brings me to the here and now. Considering we only have one vehicle (we sold the other before moving), and the children are both in school full time, I am home Mon-Fri during the day ALL day long and am now bored stiff now that the unpacking and settling in are over with. I went from being constantly busy day in and day out to doing nothing, more than half the time.

So I asked Eos if he needed any help with anything. I NEED to be doing something with my time. He offered to have me reinstated and I accepted. I am going to need someone to fill in the gaps though, considering I work mostly nights and weekends. I will be on the hunt for one or more persons to help me do so.

Thank you Eos.

3. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    usa

Why thank you! :)

4. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

*Mark emerges from the shadows, a single flower clenched in his palm...*

Welcome back Talia.

5. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

Night job ehhhhh? :) jk

Welcome back and here's to a new start?

6. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    usa

LOL! Thanks you guys!

@xtothel I didn't say "what" my night job was, did I? ;)

7. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Aww, nice to know you're doing so well now! Welcome back!

8. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

Welcome back :) It's been awhile since we lost spoke hasn't it?
    I'm looking forward to what events you plan on :) and I really hope I have the opportunity to help out!

9. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

Wow, you've really had a busy life lately!

A warm welcome back!

10. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

As an update to this, welcome Zelkova as one of the new co-leads of the event committee (Another co-lead is still in considerations, so he may not be the last).

He'll be bringing you our Halloween event soon as his first official endeavor.

11. Default Re: Community Engagement & Event Coordinator

Thank you for the opportunity, Eos.