Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

This is leading nowhere. These hackers don't give a damm if their accounts are shut down. they need to make account registration more complicated at least. Wouldn't require a cellphone number to confirm your account and change your info be a good idea?

2. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

Most dont own a cellphone and restricting users to only one account per phone will do more harm than provide a solution.

Only thing i could think of is requiring you to link every new account made with an account that is at least 5 months old. If you dont own an account that is 5 months old get 5 friend referral ( who accounts are 5 months old) to make an account and those friends are one time use. As a bonus you and your friend get a referral title and a free nx cape. Dont want the bonus to be something that can be profitable

3. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

Assuming cellphone registration would be restricted to X accounts per number... I, and anyone else who has multiple accounts would be screwed.

4. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

One hacker down -- let's see -- nine to go on my list, and it's not like I deliberately go a-huntin' for signs of suspicious activity. Sigh. Half of them don't even have auto-CC, what's the excuse?

5. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

Well you already got your accounts. I am talking about new players or just creation of new accounts. "Every new account requires a cellphone number attached to it for data confirmation. Max number of accounts per phone number = 4". It will not eliminate hacking but it will make it harder.

And maybe not everyone has a cellphone but most teenagers do have one while kids can use their parent's.

6. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

It still raises one of the problems of using SSNs (of which there are many and many more) -- do you really trust Nexon with personal information like that?

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Max # of accounts per phone # = 4?
    That's ridiculous.
    Why should new players be that restricted, without having done anything wrong?

Let people have as many accounts as they want per phone number, but if one of them is banned, so are the others.
    However, before that happens, they need to fix their false bans...

8. Can you hear it?

Washington

This could work to but in the form of an app. Nexon can create a authentication app that generates a random number that is required to sign up for an account, that number can only be used 4 times on one single device. Most kids have ipods and they are able to access the app store. After sign up give detail information on how to install the app and continue from there

This is the reason why their needs to be restrictions everyone will claim they were false banned even if they actually cheated. 4 accounts is a reasonable amount for new players. I only have three accounts and i have been playing for 3 years now. With all the linked skills that is being a trend now its easier to just stay with one account. I dont find myself making 15 cannoners, mercedes, demon slayers, jetts in that time frame just for the link skill. Most of my friends have at least 4 level 200 chars on the same account

9. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

I've played MS for 7 years or so, and I've prolly had like 5 accounts total through the pass of those years. I've never used more than 3 accounts at the same time. The only reason I see for having more than 5 accounts is taking advantage of Nexon's compensations or events which is not really that right.

Besides, losing everything when you get banned 1 account seems far worse.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Does making a new account require a never-before-used email currently? If it does not that's one of the easily-fixable problems that would add more deterrence to hacking.

Make some sort of delay in the ability to create multiple accounts on the same IP address. Like for instance, if you created an account on IP A, you must wait 5 days to create another on that same IP.

They REALLY REALLY should allow cell phone verification, as optional. It would help to distinguish from real accounts to mule/hacker accounts (not to mention add better security).

Raise the level for the ability to hold/trade large sums of mesos/NX. I think it is lvl 15 or something now. They should raise it to like lvl 35 or something. I think it takes usually like 15 minutes to reach lvl 16 now whereas about an hour to reach lvl 35 (under normal circumstances). At least that would slow hackers from making new mule accounts down some more.

Make white scrolls untradeable. These are still duped all day and night.

11. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

Yes.

Yeah, I don't think the lv15 requirement for things like faming &c has changed since, literally, the opening of GMS. Or earlier.

I've played for the same amount of time, and I've got... two accounts total :P

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I have three computers, so I made separate accounts to put buff mules on. Also, back when Zakum required 6 people to be right there at the Entrance to Zakum Altar, I made a couple of accounts with just one level 50 char to do that. Plus of course a separate account for shop mule, so I can have shop open all the time while using any of my other chars. And so on. When you can actually use two accounts at once, you discover how convenient separate accounts are, and they multiply. I've never made an account just to take advantage of an event.

13. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

I'd rather they just do some form of verification when you log in from a new computer, which I think is what Sapta suggested in the other thread. I've had one account after playing GMS for six years, so I'd really prefer it doesn't get hacked.

14. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Banning is never useless.
    I know there's quite a bit of known hackers/people that have benefitted from hackers in Scania that have gotten permanently banned.

-cough- try looking up CurryIsHott on legends ranking ;)

15. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

You can get a new phone number easily with google voice. It's free.

16. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

Why the pineapple would I want to give Nexon my cellphone number just to play a free game?

I don't even give that pomegranate out (or zip code) to cashiers when I'm actually PAYING for something.

17. Can you hear it?

Washington

You still need your old phone number to verify with google voice. Google voice is just so you can link all your numbers to one device such as your house phone,business cell phone, personal cellphone, etc You cant setup a google voice account with nothing tied to it.

18. Default Re: Permanent Bans - 09/13/2012 - 09/19/2012

The point is you can sign up for multiple new numbers with google voice and assign them all to your existing phone then register new accounts at Nexon with your new numbers.

Edit: I just tested it and you don't actually have to point the google voice number to a phone. You can just point it to google chat.

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Why should new players be granted more than 4 accounts? I've been playing for years and i only have 2 accounts that have solely my own posessions/work. 4 accounts is plenty for anyone who isn't an event hoarder and has 50+ for such things.