Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sleepywood Sold, Old Site Probably Gone Forever

Some of you may have heard this, others not so much since someone decided to bring this up in Shenanigans of all places, but Sleepywood shut down last night. This has been reported by multiple members of their staff.

It was done without warning to the staff or users, and Adura has not yet that I am aware of responded to his own staff regarding the shut down.

original

It's actually saying "Under New Management" now, so Un-Dead. Ish.

It still remains to see what they come out of this as, and if this on top of their previous issues will have been too much for them to make a comeback.
    Last edited by Eos; 2012-09-19 at 11:35 AM.

2. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

The page says it'll be back soon, so its probably just going to change it up to be a general gaming forum.

R.I.P. Maple Sauna

3. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Er. Doesn't it just say that's they're revamping stuff? Fixing the forum, whatever?

Maybe I'm missing something, I'm not sure.

4. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I'd say the "revamping" message is just there for any case which the site goes down. Considering it was not discussed with anyone on the staff or had any warning, it's most likely not being worked on at all. I mostly lurked Sleepywood years ago before Southperry, it's very surprising to see it just randomly go without warning.

5. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Much like Nintendo Power recently announcing they were stopping publication, it was a pretty obvious thing to do (to either close the site or rebrand it), but still, seeing it really happen before your own eyes a part of you can't help but feel a bit sad even if you've never browsed it in years. A part of you might want it to stick around in its current form even if it's just for the sake of nostalgia. Let's face the facts, if it wasn't for Sleepywood, there would be no Southperry and perhaps it wasn't always the best when it came to some details, but it was all we really had back then, and for that I'm grateful.

So goodbye Sleepywood of the olden days, you've served your purpose well. After all, nothing can last forever.

6. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

It's disappointing because this could have all been prevented. But oh well, I believe the site has been bought by a certain someone, so it's not dead forever.

7. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Goodness knows I've offered to buy him out before it came to this, repeatedly.

8. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

RIP to a site that was once great and powerful.

9. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I barely remember SW anymore.

If there was a site I really missed it was happymapling.net. I was crushed when that site shut down, most if not all, of my MS friends came from there.

10. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Never even heard of that one, when was it alive?

11. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

What do, Sleepywood... What do...
    Last edited by Zerard; 2012-09-19 at 03:07 PM.

12. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I'd say 2006? I first found it through a list of affiliates on SW. It had its peak around 2007 - 2008, and I think shut down around 2010.

13. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Oh well. I'd considered posting it in MS-D, but eh.

I do feel somewhat sad for it.

14. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

MAN. Another large signal of the end of an era. R.I.P.

15. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Im not sad because it has been going that way for the past year, I used to be a slightly active member back in my bera days (mostly due to the zakum schedule) and my time in peerless, btw any berans? Is peerless still alive?

regardless I respect SW and I miss it's past. r.I.p.

16. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

The only reason this upsets me is for the fact that it held so many years of game and community history/data. If they do not some how archive the information collected over the years from players it'll be a serious pineapple you to the players who used it, not Nexon America.

17. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

The last words of adura:

ONE PIECE, EXISTS.

./thumbupifreferencewasreceived

Spoiler

18. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Well, I guess if one has nothing nice to say...

But I guess the bright(est) side here is that everyone has some closure. It didn't just fade into non-existence, like so many other sites do.

19. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Sad for the active world forums and the market forums where you can actually sell/buy stuff that's unsuitable for basil.