Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

It's hardly necessary as he has yet to actually bring the site back alive and I'm not Nexon.

2. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Wait, are Maursader and Maurizio the same person?

3. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

meh. It was dead anyway.

4. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Woha woha woha. So it's apparently just undergoing renovation? In that case my reference is officially revoked.

5. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

All we know is it's in the process of trading hands. How much of it, which portions of it, etc are still unknown, so it may be dead, it may be partially alive, it may be merged into another site, it may come back just like before, it may come back as some weird hybrid. We know little until we know more.

6. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

yes

7. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Back to the underside of my rock, then.

8. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Man, I had 7343 posts at the end of 2007, when I got banned... almost 5 years ago. Time goes on.

Currently @ 7100 on SP... just a little more to go.

9. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

No offense to this site whatsoever, but before I learned that Adura was somewhat of a nutcase who was so paranoid that he stalked people's private pages and threatened them if he saw any mention of himself (as well as many other deep flaws), Sleepywood was my favorite site to discuss things. This site had the smart people and good info since Fiel and Isaac came here, as well as many others, but sleepywood was just sort of just the default forum for maplestory since Basil was and still is a haven for utter stupidity and Shakar (yea, synonyms, but still). It's really a shame that it's pretty much in deep trouble, basically more people are gonna shift to Basil since even Nexon has done everything but endorse that site as an extension of itself, since the maturity of sites like Sleepywood and Southperry don't fit into their image.

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Hmm, the only thing I remembered about Sleepywood was my Tespia posts. Oh, wasn't it @aslemn that made those Tespian signatures? I can't remember, but that'll be a huge coincidence.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

At this point, can we confirm Adura is no longer in charge of Sleepywood? Not sure if I was reading things wrong or not.

Wow, forgot how much you posted on Sleepywood before you got sick of Adura and intentionally ticked him off. As for here, need about 50 more posts to catch up to you.

12. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I got myself intentionally banned from the site about 9 months ago or so. Locked and I were pissed about something, I said SP is better, BOOM banned!

Tis okay, the account had a total of 3 posts in its 5 years of ownership. I used it once and only once to sign up for the zak helm leech list.

As for sp, im about halfway behind you. I do have a ton of VM though!

13. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

All sources confirm this so far.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

854 VMs here and counting. =y

Sweet. I wouldn't have expected Adura to just give up Sleepywood so easily. Guess when even the management is against you it's a clear cut sign you done screwed up. Least I'm glad he's no longer in charge. At this point I'd take anyone else over Adura as Admin.

15. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

He was probably losing money on it at this point.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

I thought them ads kept the money rolling. Oh wait, with the lack of traffic he couldn't get money at all.

17. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I wouldn't take it for granted that new-management means old posts will be preserved or archived in any meaningful way. My first Maple community was the subforum on OnRPG, and when they moved/revamped shortly after the release of GMS, none of the old data was archived.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Shakar was banned. Is he back?

19. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Fixed.

More on topic, didn't care for Sleepywood.

20. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

At least it has a chance of being a decent forum (again) now.

I remember my original account on Sleepywood was permanent banned because of a small question about the Japanese version of the game. I don't remember what it was, really, but I couldn't think of a reason why they would've banned me for it. It was even in the "Other MapleStory Versions" section of the forum... so whatever. There was no warning, infraction, or anything - just a flat out permanent ban.