1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Man, I had a good 2,000+ posts on that site. Also will be sad to see that Pirate flaunting thread I made just vanish into thin smoke. Ah well, no real pity for Adura destroying his own site.

Random thoughts that came to mind:

Adura:
    Nice Job Fixing It, Villain

Hoist by His Own Petard

Banning Fiel = Came Back Strong = Southperry.

Thanks Adura for banning Fiel, creating Southperry, and eventually causing your own downfall.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Good riddance.

3. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

It's actually saying "Under New Management" now, so Un-Dead. Ish.

4. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Nice to see someone who's alive from there. It was a ghost town unfortunately.

5. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Well if you click the F on the top of the main website there's a post or whatever (I'm not too familiar with facebook) that says this

Am I missing something?

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'm not clicking any of those

i find it incredible though, that the admin would rather quit how many years of work now? rather than go back on his word, even basil removed the southperry ban. (this assumming the new modship thing is true)

and personally and seriously, sad i never got to see it on it's days of glory, but that place had nothing on it now, and i mean -nothing- not surprised it went down, but rather how it did. poor members.

7. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

There was no "main website" until about 20 minutes ago. It was just a placeholder/down message.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Curses, you saw through my trap cards!

9. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

one does not simply stop browsing tvtropes.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

(not like i haven't read them already) the last one is new to me, so i guess i'll have to bite though :(

i wonder exactly what they mean with that message in FB though. besides the obvious "SW is not quite dead"

11. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

I have my suspicions, but they're all pretty sad.

12. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

dont worry ill say it for you

sleepywood was pineappleing cancer, from beginning to end. the world is a better place without it, if it truly disappears completely.

13. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Did Maur really think this was a good investment? (To me it looks like he was the one that purchased it)

Keep in mind that he is the one that owns "perioncorner" which looks REALLY well kept up.

Hes also shoving mapleradio down everyones throat by adding the player directly on the site, and having it play automatically.

Oh well, I never used sleepywood. I don't really think I'm missing out.

14. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Well I for one want to hear them, these type of things are always entertaining when it's coming from you

15. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Keith covered most of what I'd say in a cruder but likely accurate observation.

16. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Peerless is still alive but not active. They were fairly active about a year ago so I'm guessing they died out again.

17. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

Unfortunately I can't access SW.net because my company's firewall blocks it as a social networking website. So in other words, he ended up selling the website to the guy who does perioncorner? I didn't even know that was still alive haha

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Never really used SW. By the time I entered the whole 'forum universe' I was a basil user for a bit (mainly for the market) and then came here.

Doesn't really affect me that they are "gone," but I agree with Loose. If SW brought up SP, then I am pretty happy they existed.

19. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors (For a couple weeks?)

At least with SW having new management; we don't have to worry as much about someone who's whining over either Nexon North America or SP.

20. Default Re: Sleepywood Closes Its Doors

The guy who owns perioncorner is the one that owns maple-radio. He's also the guy I mentioned here (I dont want another infraction)
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1029597

@Eos; crude as it may be, I have more than a few mouthfuls to say about that guy. I have things I can say that might/should get him out of Nexon's good graces.