1. Default Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

Say for example I borrow my friends SE bwg
    Use it to cast decent SE and equip my RHC gloves.
    Will the SE be active or will it disappear?

I've been told, there was a perm decent skills method for pvp that was patched.

But idk what to believe? some help? ty

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

Yes, the method of "glitching" decent skills so you get to keep them even without the equip is gone.
    However, as far as I know, if you wear the SE glove and cast SE, the buff stays on until it times out normally. After that you need to swap gloves again, cast it again, and swap back to your fighting gloves.

3. Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

What @SaptaZapta; said is currently the only way to use Decent Skills without actually wearing the equip in combat.

4. Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

hrm so say if I wanted to boss
    I can cast decent SE gloves
    Switch to my fighting gloves (in this case my RHC)
    The decent SE will stay until timer runs out

repeat?

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

the casted skill (i.e: buff) will stay active, but the very moment you unequip the gloves you'll lose it from your skill window.

so basically, what zapta said, there's no way to keep the skill in your skill tab without having the gloves equipped

edit @ above: correct.

6. Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

ah thanks for the clarification everyone

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You sacrifice however long it takes you to rebuff so if you're bossing and it isn't DR'd/wep/mag locked the extra DPS better be worth it.

8. Proton
    IGN: ixgenLx
    Level: 200
    Job: Angelic Buster
    Guild: Influence
    Alliance: Prestige
    laos

It shouldn't take long to rebuff if you have the decent sharp eye skill in your macro already, it will stay in that macro key. If you don't have the glove on, the macro will ignore the decent sharp eye skill and it won't buff. But once you put on the glove, the macro will buff your decent sharp eye skill for you. No major changes are needed to move skills back and forth on your keys.

9. Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

The only problem with switching equips for decent skills is this.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It doesn't matter if you don't need to find the icon in your window or not. If you're in a situation where you can't stop taking damage enough to go into breathless state you're wasting time trying.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

important stuff about macros though* always put the decent skill last (or alone) if it's at the beginning and you try casting it without the equip, nothing in the macro will be casted.

12. Proton
    IGN: ixgenLx
    Level: 200
    Job: Angelic Buster
    Guild: Influence
    Alliance: Prestige
    laos

Understood, but I was talking in reference to the person who posed the question as it appears that he is a Phantom and more than likely, gets 'Missed' very often. For me, I would never consider to do this because as an Aran, I get hit often.

13. Default Re: Is it possible to keep Decent SE on Gloves active with another glove?

It's worth doing at bosses that DR or go into other states where you can't attack them and where there are safe spots in the map, like PB and Empress for instance.
    I have 5 decent skills (4 equips) and every other boss either dies before the buffs even run out or has a respawn area where I can safely rebuff.