1. Default Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lucky

More...

2. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

For those too lazy to read:

A Bit Lucky was funded by Nexon, Now got bought out by Zynga.

the end.

3. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Inb4 "Zynga: Hmm.. Nexon looks like a good acquisition..." Or a reversal of that.

Which is worse? Zynga or Nexon?

4. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Zynga certainly has a far worse reputation. I make a point not to play the type of games that Zynga releases though, so I can't speak from experience.

5. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Zynga is much worse.

6. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Both companies are equally as bad. Nexon just has "deeper" games.

7. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Uppermidcore, then?

8. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

How do you choose between being shot in the left or right foot?

9. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Flipping a coin works in many cases.

10. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

And then we get to watch Nexon and Zynga both fight over the coin.

11. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

I really dont see the hate for zynga. What games do you guys play from them that fuel all this hate? All i have ever played is word with friends and draw something which is made by omgpop, but owned by zynga and i love both of those games. Is it farmville and mafia wars that has fuel all this hate?

12. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Nah, they're not equally as bad.

Nexon has introduced some really annoying concepts but Zynga is a purely evil company. If you have a game they want and don't work with them then they just steal the concept.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

The game Horn in the app store was released with good reviews. I was really hesitant to buy it just because Zynga was listed as the game's maker, and I think Zynga's terrible reputation comes from them milking you for energy or whatever (at least that's my impression of them). But I read up on Horn and it turned out that Zynga put no limitations or anything on Phosphor Games and left the actual game entirely up to Phosphor. Zynga and Phosphor apparently forged a partnership so Zynga could advertise Horn in their other games and delay or avoid the complete disappearance of interest that happened with Phosphor's Dark Meadow.

Dunno why I just typed that all out, I just found it interesting. Horn is a pretty good game, by the way.

14. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

It's not just the shady money squeezing stuff like using you to advertise to your friends. Nexon does plenty of that. Zynga is well known for stealing ideas from other popular games, while viciously defending their own IP against games that are completely different. here

15. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Can't believe people are saying Nexon and Zynga are equally bad lol... if you don't like Nexon gtfo a maplestory fan forum

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Seems like someone needs to lurk on Southperry more.

17. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

So the administrator should leave too because he doesn't play maplestory. Oh and let's just disregard the subforums entirely. Hint hint BLADE AND SOUL BRO.

18. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

No one cares about blade and soul

19. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Just like no one cares about your opinions at this point.

20. Default Re: Chasing more engaged users, Zynga acquires ‘midcore’ social game startup A Bit Lu

Go jerk off to mlp more, watching a show for 3 year old girls lol