Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Is it even worth it? Like, where does the bonus damage from the MP conversion actually applies? Is it 8% of MP converted and added as extra range, or just overall damage?

Would it even make a noticeable difference on game-play, especially on a Luminous with it's insane amount of MP?

I'm sorry if it has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't get the opportunity of testing this yet. :C

2. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Worth it compared to what, exactly? I use it and find it helpful, but I've never figured out an alternative effect that seems even remotely worth replacing it for.

3. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Bonus damage is added directly to each final hit.

The only other set bonuses are +5 all stats anyway, and you can't have the same bonus twice, so there's not a lot of choice.

4. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

I guess I just used the wrong expression in there; of course a boost, even it's close to nothing it's always good when it's just free. The question is, how big is that bonus for damage? :o

5. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

It's not worth it. I have 63k MP with Decent HB and an A set (6%) only adds another 1582 damage.
    The math doesn't make sense but that's what it adds for me.

6. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

it 6% of your BASE MP .... hyper body or equip or item or potential or skill doesnt work with it

this same rules apply for evan and aran card .. the drain is at max level card is 8 % mp or hp on your BASE mp or hp

7. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Well it says "6% of Max MP added as additional damage" so I was going off that.
    I don't really care either way though since it doesn't push you over the damage cap so whatever.
    I'll probably be ditching it soon for another Mechanic to help make Knight's Watch last longer anyway.

8. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

It said 6% of Max MP in this way

what it really mean is 6% of the Max MP of Base MP

... it the same way if they said 6% of 50% Mp added as additional dmg

9. Proton

IGN: darkqthunder, xSilentShadx
    Server: Windia
    Job: w/e I feel like
    Guild: LexTallionis

Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Maximum critical damage from thief set and defense ignore from pirate set are the best sets in my opinion.
    If you can do sufficient damage on each hit (average 533k at 100% crit, higher for lower % crit) then the thief set can surpass Mage set with 100k MP (~600k+ crits seems more realistic than 100k MP), and pirate set will probably be better than thief set at any place you don't 1hko unless you already have 100% ignore def or very close to 100%.
    On the other hand simply using whatever individual effects you like best might be better due to lack of good choices if you need 3 thieves/mages/pirates.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Its pretty blergh, as said, it works from base mp, so its quite sucky

11. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Hmm...I always thought it was added to range, thanks for the clarification. I'll have to figure out how I'm getting the ~2K boost in range with my decks then.

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

It shows on range, however it doesnt actually apply until your damage has been decided.

In short: your range increase is a lie

13. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

But when you say Luminous has a lot of MP, that is base MP anyway, right? Surely it would be more noticeable for that class?

...hm, thieves and pirates. I have three mages already, so that's that, but thieves... I have a Phantom and a DB, what's a good third thief?

14. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Would the pirate set effect help more?

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

is 400 or so more damage per hit REALLY worth it?

16. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

The effect doesn't actually work. It appears to add to your range but does not increase your actual damage.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

it does work, it just falsely shows on your damage range. to explain it simply, let's say the bonus is of 1000 damage. and you're a dark knight with 10k range, 200% impale and 1.6x zerk.

your range will look like this: 10 000 + 1 000 = 11000 range.
    you'd expect to deal: 11000*1.6*2=35200

however, the effect doesn't work that way, it actually grabs your real range, calculates the damage, then adds the 1000 bonus, like this:
    10000*1.6*2=32000
    32000+1000=33000

so you'd be dealing 33000 damage with the bonus, against the 32000 damage without it, big upgrade huh. notice how horrible it is?

18. Default Re: Magic Storm - Character Deck effect.

Does KMS one work like this too? Or there is a bug somewhere?

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i assume that's how the KMS one works too. i don't have a KMS account though.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Wait, it's just a flat bonus at the end of everything? Ahhhh, my warrior deck has been a lie!