Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

I don't see why some want to change it. It's perfect because of how hideous it is.
    Last edited by Mike; 2012-09-15 at 08:52 PM. Reason: too many words, sorry

2. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Why is the score bar so low now? It looks horrible.

3. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

To annoy Sarah, of course.

Or to try to find a better place for it so that the position of the title itself remains consistent.
    Hm. Maybe the title bar.

4. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Is it possible to remove the title itself from the title bar and replace it with the rating system (for all replies, of course - the original post wouldn't have this done to it... or maybe? The title is elsewhere as well). The only negative side I see would be with merged threads, but that's not much of a negativity.

Or just post them to the right of the title?

5. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

I bugged him about this the other day. He won't budge.

6. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Removing the title isn't an option because titles can and do change in threads.
    Putting it to the right of the title creates the same problem it had in reverse, the title is in a consistent place but the icons aren't.
    It was put there in the first place because the post icon appears there anyway.

7. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

So? I still don't understand why we constantly need to know the original title of a thread.

We survived without this feature (titles in every pineappleing post) up until the last major forum upgrade... and I think we were all a little happier back then. Right guys?

8. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Indeed. Having a title at the beginning, having it change, then having preceding posts having a completely different title is kind of confusing for people not paying attention. They might think they're posting in one thread, then realize the title of the post over them has a different title and freak out. I've never had that issue myself, but I'm speaking hypothetically.

Plus, it's kind of redundant and dumb to have a thread title above every post - especially when the original title changes and the preceding posts don't reflect that change.

9. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Why not the other way, since people read left to right?

10. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

You could do that too.

Just every website with the upvote/downvote usually has the score on the left so I tried to be consistent with that.

11. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

Because I care more about the number of up/down votes for a post than I do about reading the title of the thread over and over. If you're not going to remove it, putting it as far from my line of sight as possible is definitely the best solution.

12. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

We can't just click the button again? That's how it usually works.

13. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

I love the new position. Very good work!

14. Default Re: Pineapples & Pomegranates, oh my.

I thought it'd look decent the other way around (like it is now) but I liked the other way around better (score on left, title on right) because now the score isn't visible at all in my first line of sight. Like Eos said, you read from left to right and if the problem was the title being redundant and it wouldn't be read if it's on the right side then having the score counter on the right also causes that problem. People would have to go "out of their way" (I use the term loosely) to see the score which I'm not if that's what you wanted.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Just found out there's a thread about this. Neato.