Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

I guess what truly creates a "better" class is the feeling that your moves are not only powerful, but shiney and chain together very well. Personally I've never felt a shadower's moves play off of each other very well, and usually you're stuck using just one move over and over again.In comparison with a dual blade who can use several different moves, one after the other with booster, a properly eliminate a group of monsters.
    But if you sit down and compare a pair of classes number per number looking at it strictly from a DPS perspective, the idea of a class being "fluid" is thrown out the window.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

Shadowers use different attack combos at different stages of funding, which means as funding increases, %ps decreases. Dual Bladers, as far as I know, use the same combo for all levels of funding. DBs also have an advantage where ranges are concerned, not to mention the secondary weapon.
    Anyways, I'm just saying that I'm hesitant to compare two classes' damage based on %ps.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I know playstyle matters too. But again I weigh both sides. I won't play a super powerful one shot class if it attacks at the speed molasses or has a very boring play style. But I know that all that flashiness and pizzazz means nothing if I'm hitting with the force of foam pellets.

4. Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

Well, you've already attained your answer from your DB friends, time to end the thread.

5. Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

DBs are too loud while Shads are way more silent.

Like, seriously.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Considering that on ave a katara is going to be about 1/2 your daggers atk multiplying the %ps by 1.5 should get something much more comparable to shads %ps

7. Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

That's not precise due to att boosts from char. cards, cygnus blessing, dagger expert, etc., but yes - the att provided by the katara is deceptively large boost to range. Having a second weapon potential doesn't hurt either. As usual the explorer class is left in the dust by the CS-locked class.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Now I'm sure that someone like JoeTang wouldn't overlook the damage boost of Kataras when he made his calculations, would he?

9. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Kataras are not considered in joetang's %ps because the boost in dmg the katara gives will most likely be diff for everyone

10. Default Re: Which of the two Thief dagger classes now feels better to play?

JoeTang calculates %/s, not dps, which is all skill-based, not equip-based.