Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Look, I'm not taking sides or anything, I don't like any of the religions, but, he married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was around 9, doesn't that...make him...a child molester? By definition? Or am I missing something super-de-duper major here.

I'm sure Jesus did some pineappleed up things too in the name of "the greater good", and that most of his life is either exaggerated or flat faked, but something about a guy that marries a ton of rich older women and underage girls seems a bit more shady to me than a semi-crazy hippy wandering around with some 'bros.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: US ambassador killed

Oh, because as soon as I read the claim "Jesus is God," I stopped reading.

And this is coming from a...well, half the forum probably knows it already. So...yeah. And how in the world did this article shift to being about religion?

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Of course, if you really want to bash Christianity, instead of making assumptions like Jesus = God, you could pull stuff like

http://www.cracked.com/article_18757...-in-bible.html

and

http://www.cracked.com/article_16546...rom-bible.html.

Oh man I loved Cracked.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

There's a big difference between "bashing" and sentencing to death.
    There's an even bigger difference between executing the person insulting the prophet, and murdering random people who have nothing to do with the offending materials.

Last I heard, the movie "Life of Brian", which portrays Jesus as an idiot and makes a mockery of his entire tale, is readily available, and its creators allowed to live in peace and keep on creating irreverent materials as the mood takes them.

5. Default Re: US ambassador killed

The reason for that PROBABLY is because in Islam, it is forbidden to draw pictures or make videos of Prophet Mohammed. I doubt it's forbidden to do the same with Jesus in Christianity.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

And that seems like a rather unnecessary comment :/
    Flonne was making a valid point that had nothing to do with that subject, so why bring it back up?

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Alright, looking back, it is pretty harsh. Just did it to to reinforce his point. Sorry @Flonne if you feel insulted.

8. Default Re: US ambassador killed

And suddenly it is okay to kill someone.

@Corn; Depending on what flavor of Christianity you are, Jesus is God (see: the Holy Trinity).

9. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Never said that, but it still isn't right.

10. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Okay guy's this is a stupid argument, if you managed to watch the video, which I understand if you can't now since it has been blocked, was an amateur taping. I mean whether or not this video made fun of their "god" should be irrelevant considering how this was not a hate crime but something that looks like came from monty python. I mean this was extremely low budget.

It's even more humorous to me that most Muslims are pissed off about this than american's. I mean look at this guy; http://www.patheos.com/blogs/muslimahinprogress/

It's a blog but I see this tone everywhere right now. Classic mountain out of a mole hill.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

*shrug*
    You were the one attempting to compare the Islamic reaction to defaming Mohammed to the Christian reaction to insulting Jesus.

They're not even in the same ballpark.

12. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Since we're debating Mohammad as a normal person, I thought we were debating Jesus as a normal person without his divinity.

13. Default Re: US ambassador killed

That flew over my head, whoops.

14. Default Re: US ambassador killed

It's fine, I don't really care that it's brought up as long as it isn't blatantly meant to flame me, it just had little to do with my argument, unless I have multiple personality disorder and lead a separate life where I have dozens of wives.

15. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Just wanna update, the event wasn't orchestrated because of the tape, is what they believe right now. Cairo is about to get bombed if they try to ram that embassy

16. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Wow thanks for posting that, that was very moving and that was the general feeling I was getting from the bloggers/posters concerning that.

17. Default Re: US ambassador killed

Islam is around 600 years younger than christianity, so to make it fair take that movie turn it into a book and travel back in time 600 years, now what other christians would have done to you if you shared said book (I know culture has changed world wide in the past 600 years but the religion itself could be seen as still young/valid)?

Also from time to time you see other religions doing the same and some movies sometime are banned from a country due how they talk/portrait some religion.

18. Default Re: US ambassador killed

That's actually pretty encouraging. People (the media) always polarize issues and portray one side as being totally right and the other as being totally wrong, when in reality most of those "in the wrong" don't even have a thing to do with it, it's really just a handful of insanely angry extremists.

19. Default Re: US ambassador killed

LOL It took me WAY too long to realize that they meant "Prophet" when they wrote "profit" -___- It is WAYYY too late at night for me xD

Faith in humanity has been somewhat restored!