Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Wii U Discussion: Super Mario 3D World out in all the places (that matter!)

List of southperryin' Nintendo IDs

Try and use miiverse to add people (search for the persons Nintendo ID on Miiverse and click the "Add Friend" button near the upper right on the persons profile page).

That way, they get a notification, and can just yes/no you back. Make sure you post your username in the thread too, so we know who you are!

User Nintendo ID
    Locked Simple
    Dark Link Hasaio
    Zelkova Zelkova
    Hypermug Somari
    Moldyvort MysteriaV
    FlameChocobo FlameChocobo
    Justin Skeith
    Hakurei NoireStyle
    Arrol GreenYulum
    LeGourmand Gourmand
    LinkShikage
    LozmasterLozmaster
    CorraiCorrai
    PolantarisPolantaris
    valhala556AbsoluteRunner
    MazzSubception
    Frostilyte Frostilyte
    If I missed you, feel free to yell at me to fix that.

Nintendo Direct urls:

America:
    http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct

Europe (England):
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nint...ct-698557.html

Japan:
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/direc...123/index.html
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2014-06-18 at 04:10 PM.

2. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I've been waiting on the price but I'm not exactly sold yet until I see the games. I made that mistake earlier with the 3DS at first launch and was disappointed for quite some time. At least I got some free games out of it but that's besides the point. We shall see...

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I remembered people being anticipated for the Wii but look at it now. However, the Wii U has intrigued me...

4. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Couldn't care less. Every Nintendo console since the SNES has had less than 10 games that appeal to me through duration of their lives, so it's no longer worth my time... until they announce Paper Mario U.

5. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I was super excited for the Wii back in 2007, but I only ended up buying about 5 games for its entire life cycle (and none of them had much lasting appeal). Though to be fair I pretty much stopped playing console games entirely after I started using Steam.

Wii U looks interesting, but I want to see some good 3rd party games before even considering a purchase. Obviously, Nintendo will push out a new Mario, a new Zelda, etc. but that doesn't sell it for me anymore.

6. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Lol, I bought my Wii just because of TLoZ: Twilight Princess and that's actually the only game I own from the wii. (besides wii sports/resorts) I haven't gotten Skyward Sword yet, but will get it eventually.

Twilight Princess was an excellent game and that's the only thing I care. So, as long and Nintendo releases a good Zelda game on the Wii U, I'm basically sold.

7. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I'm not sure about Wii U, neither other consoles. Because right now the market is full of generic shooters, only a couple games like Catherine, The last story and Monster hunter look appealing to me (beside every Nintendo game but I must accept it, they haven't change much in almost 14 years of my life). So, if this console is nintendo trying to get those Shooter fans, I'd rather buy a 3DS XL, right now it looks more appealing than the promise of having a better Zelda (SS didn't fill my expectations, the game was easy as pineapple even in hero mode but was a good game in general, better than lol Sbugrim(skyrim)), Pikmin 3 is meh, so the other games, maybe the most appealing one is Nintendo Land? and well, that's sad. While the 3DS is getting the good stuff with the possible localization of the MH games, Atlus' games (Shin megami tense 4) and Paper mario (I still play the N64 version). So, unless they show a new IP or a really good game (looking for Star Fox), I'll not buy the Wii U at launch, just like I did with the 3DS.

8. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I’ll no doubt end up buying one eventually since I do like Nintendo franchises. But I have no plans to buy one this year.

9. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Project P-1000 looks solid, but I'd need at least 5-6 games to justify a purchase of an ambulance.

10. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I'll get one eventually, I know that. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, maybe Golden Sun, and whatever else they and their developers can cook up are too tempting to pass up.

I'm not getting one at launch though, I learned that with the 3DS.

11. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I'll definitely be picking one up. Yeah, there will be the staples: Mario, Zelda, etc. but there are plenty of posibilities for future games. Like Air, I would fall in love with another console Animal Crossing game (not that the handheld ones are bad). I can't decide whether or not to get it at launch, though. I'm actually really psyched for ZombiU, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and Scribblenauts Unlimited, so that's four games with the console at launch for me which isn't bad. I guess it all boils down to the price, really.

12. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Let it be known that it only took to post #9 for the ambulance joke to arrive. Frankly, I was expecting it in the first reply.

The only games I'm seriously interested in are Pikmin 3 and P-1000. Eventually New Super Mario Bros U will be a purchase from me, but those 3 aren't enough to sell me on the console IF it costs anything over £200 (which I fully expect it to). Oh. And that Rayman game. Depending, I might get AC3 on the wii u, it'd be nice to be able to play it in a higher resolution without stuttering (curse my aging computer).

Either way, I will probably be holding off until after the winter exam period at my uni finishes before I get one.

@SuperNerd;

Be very careful with Ubisofts Zombie U. Red steel looked great prior to the wii launch too, but that game was absolutely terrible.

I wonder if we're going to get any other announcements other than price/date/launch line up

13. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Yeah I've been keeping a VERY close eye on the game. Reading up all the early looks and reviews on it and watching early gameplay videos of it from things like PAX Prime and such. The ideas that fuel it and the gameplay itself looks fantastic to me, but a handful of reviewers of the game have expressed that it's not bad, but it's not good either, which has me a bit worried. Hopefully the problems the game has are ironed out by release, because it would be a fantastic addition to the WiiU's library (even if zombies are extremely over done).

14. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I definitely plan on getting one, eventually. I don't know if I'd get one around launch, though.

Nintendo Land seems kind of interesting to me. If it comes bundled, it seems like it could be a lot of fun - maybe even more so than Wii Sports (which my family played the hell out of). Getting the Wii U also gives me the chance to play games I didn't get to play because I didn't have a PS3/XBox 360, like Batman, Skyrim, etc. On top of that, I always plan on buying new systems for the main purpose of fulfilling my desires for new Metroid and Zelda games.

I remember when the Wii came out, I didn't want one. I wanted Twilight Princess for years before hand and my brother pre-ordered it for me on my birthday in 2005 or something, but its release just kept being pushed back. Come release date for the Wii, they popped a surprise on me by getting me a Wii and Twilight Princess on day #1.

15. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Relevant: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=view...edium=facebook

Looks like the unannounced console seller game for Wii U is finally being showed in 2 days, I really hope it's a good name and not a Shooter or fighting game.... And that remember me to Retro's studio project that was supposed to be in the E3 but never appeared.

16. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Since I'm a long time Nintendo fanboy I will end up buying the Wii U later on down the road once they give more intel on their games being released. Also I would like to demo the Wii U before I buy one that way I have a feel of what I'm going to be playing. New zelda and super smash bros are great but I sooo want more 3rd party games. If they hold true like they promised at E3 then I'll be satisfied this go around with the Wii U. The Wii life span in my house didnt even last that long. Given we didnt really buy games for it...Since Zelda Twilight Princess came out on the GC as well I ended up getting it there. By far my favorite Zelda of all time

Given nintendo's record I'm sure they will release the console at 249.99$ (USD). If its anymore than that I'll be highly surprised as well as a lot of GS employees lol.
    Last edited by Icho; 2012-09-11 at 09:40 PM. Reason: dunno who added the Gamestop link -_-

17. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I'd say $300 ~ $350 at maximum. $250 kind of seems low, to me.

18. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I know it seems kinda low..but I feel that $300 - 350 is kinda high when we are still left in the grey area on a lot of things. Plus they have to keep in mind if people are going to buy it at that price. (3DS really didnt sell until the price cut) I'd say 300$ max if anything. I wont be buying it until they release more games for it anyway but eh... It better be good

19. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I could not agree more, but replace Mario with Zelda.
    Spoiler

20. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Really? The SNES catalog is filled with great titles. The 64 had some pretty okay and memorable games. The Wii went the way of the PS2 where every third party ever wanted to throw their POS game on it, but it still has some pretty okay games as well.