Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I said "since" the SNES, as in after. The SNES was an incredible console. 64, Gamecube, andWii were all miserable failures as far as I'm concerned. Very few decent games.

2. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Whoa, don't go there. N64 was NOT a failure. It was the main source of my video game entertainment for my late elementary and middle school years. It may not have had the single player RPG titles you're looking for, but it was the ultimate party machine.

Goldeneye
    Perfect Dark
    Super Smash Bros.
    Mario Party
    Star Fox 64
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Mario Kart 64
    Gauntlet Legends

Plenty of amazing single player games, too:

Zelda: OoT
    Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Super Mario 64
    Banjo Kazooie
    Banjo Tooie
    Kirby 64
    Blast Corps
    Pokemon Snap
    Paper Mario

And I'm just listing from off the top of my head. N64 kicked major ass.

3. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait. Musn't bite flame bait....

4. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

OPINIONS? NEVER. MUST BE TROLLING.

5. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Posting that all nintendo consoles for the last...12?years are terrible. Only given reason is wrong (). In the middle of a thread to discuss nintendos newest console

HOW COULD THIS EVER BE MISUNDERSTOOD AS TROLLING.

Anyway, it turns out there is a stream of the NA event. It' can be found at www.nintendo.com/wiiu

Japan also has an event that starts earlier (8AM UK time, 3AM EST, you can work out your timezones from there), that we might be able to gleam some new information from before the English language events.

6. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I don't think you understand the difference between unpopular opinions and trolling.

7. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

I don't see how someone saying "as far as I'm concerned" could be considered trolling.

8. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

First Japanese details are out.

Release: 8th December in japan
    2 versions, one with 8GB memory, the other with 32GB memory.

The 8 GB one costs 26,250 yen (~$335, £210)
    32GB one costs 31500 yen (~$405, £250)

At this point, I would point out to nintendo that they announced SD card support in the same vein as the 3DS (i.e. can boot anything directly from it), and a 32 GB SD card costs a lot less than $70.

Also announced an online subscription thing, possibly in the vein of playstation plus.

No bundle of any game in japan. However, they didn't get a wii sports bundle either, when the rest of the world did, so still waiting on that.

Edit: First few details on the premium thing from gonintendo.

- Nintendo Network Premium runs through 12/2014. Premium includes controller stands.
    - Nintendo Network Premium provides points for purchases, 10% back on digital purchases.

Nintendo Network Premium

- discount point program available only with the Wii U Premium Set
    - focus on those who like to download a lot of content

9. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Here are the set contents : http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/...12/120913.html

Hot damn... $250 for a basic Wii U, considering US prices always = JP prices, without conversion rates involved.

10. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Also a replacement/second wii u controller costs ¥13440.

I.e. make sure you don't break that thing. Goddam

11. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

...I think I can wait a couple years for a price drop. I may even pick up some of the games, but that's a little more then I want to spend at launch.

Especially if they come out with other colors/hardware.

12. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

God damn so sexy.
    I want this so bad. :(
    Hope the prices don't get raped over here.

13. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

They may or may not. I'm lead to believe that the Yen:USD exchange rate is pretty bad right now, so it might end up actually better than it looks right now. Just a few more hours to see...

Oh, and NSMB:Wiiu and Nintendo land are confirmed launch titles. I guess thats important.

14. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Info dumping.

Release Date (JP): 8/12/2012 (As in, December 8th, 2012)

Wii U Premium - ¥31,500
    -Black
    -32 GB SSD
    -Includes Nintendo Premium for 2 years.
    -Wii U Console
    -Wii U GamePad
    -Wii U AC Adapter
    -Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
    -HDMI Cable
    -Wii U Console Stand
    -Wii U GamePad Charging Dock
    -Wii U GamePad Stand

Wii U Basic - ¥26,250
    -White
    -8 GB SSD
    -Wii U Console
    -Wii U GamPad
    -Wii U AC Adapter
    -Wii U GamPad AC Adapter
    -HDMI Cable

Additional Gamepad - ¥13,440
    Wii U Pro Controller - ¥5,040
    Console Stand - ¥315
    Wii U GamePad Stand - ¥1,890

15. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

... Wait, what? The Basic version doesn't come with a charger for the gamepad?

Me thinks something might be lost in translation here.

16. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

It comes with an AC adapter. The recharge stand isn't necessary - just a bonus, I guess.

The software presentation will start at 10am Eastern Daylight Time. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d...iew/index.html

I bet the US presentation will include the same thing at that time as well.

17. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Ah, I didn't notice that. On the other hand. Neither version comes with a Wii Remote sensor bar?

I know the list of people who don't own a wii but want a wii u is going to be relatively small, but still, thats almost as much of a screw job as releasing the 3DS XL without a charger (In Europe/Japan, America got a charger didn't they?)

18. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Double poasting, but this is worth noting.

Kotaku thinks the Nintendo NEtwork thing is actually free for anyone who buys the upper tier console, and is essentially a rewards program for doing so, giving 10% nintendopoints (or whatever the credit system on wii u is called, assumedly it will be in actual money, like the 3dS eShop) back on every purchase until December 2014.
    http://kotaku.com/5942882/nintendo-r...etwork-premium

Edit: Ugh. It's just occurred to me that Nintendo won't be announcing a UK price, and instead we will end up with the usual "RETAILERS DETERMINE PRICES" crap for Europe again.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; 2012-09-13 at 05:25 AM.

19. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

So premium is black only? Glossy black, no thanks. SD card aside 32GB is still pretty small if they want you downloading your games.

20. Default Re: Wii U: NA and EU Pricing and date imminent

Especially when you consider the discs go up to 25GB. I guess if you're really going to be downloading retail titles, you'll be glad they support external HDs