Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Now I've been back in the game enough to get into Alchemy, I've only begun to realize how amazing it is. Finding out the potions stack in 400 and pills in 800. Not to mention it's stupidly cheap to make a stack of 50 potions, even with buying the seeds and flowers straight from the merch. Why buy potions at a 1:1 cost when I can make a stack of 50 potions that heal that much and more for only possibly 5k-10k in materials? I'm also amused that some of the recipes are flat out awesome.

Now to the questions:
    1. Using just the tickets to farm the materials of the highest level, about how many stacks of potions can I expect to be able to make in one day?

2. Are monster drops still usable in making monster crystals, or do they have a new use now?

3. Are all recipes tradeable? I would like to be able to farm on my highest level character so I can send recipes to my lower level Alchemist and Accessory maker.

4. How much will the high end Alchemy materials tend to cost in the Free Market? I would like to be able to mass produce those +2000/+4000 HP buff potions.

5. Are even Honsters/Mana Bulls not cost effective anymore with those 10k potions out?

6. I made low/mid/high grade crystals (+2/3/5 stat when crafting equipment) back when Item Maker was still out. Are those crystals now useless?

2. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

1. It can vary based on your luck.
    2. Nope. Monster Crystals and Basic/Inter/Adv Jewels and Crystals are completely useless now.
    3. Recipes, yes.
    4. No idea.
    5. Yes, since Honsters/Bulls are still only 2800 mesos.
    6. See 2.

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

1. That depends on luck and your harvesting tool.
    Spoiler

2. AFAIK, No. They are used to feed the imps.

3. Yes, as long as they are recipes.

4. Never seen anyone selling those pots in Khaini FM.

5. People still buy NLC pots, specially for High Hp or MP classes.

6. Yes, they are useless.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Recipes are tradeable. However, remember the anti-bot drop-nerf mechanism: you can't get useful drops, including recipes, from mobs that are too far below your level.

5. Water
    IGN: Fumni/AcerSavita
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 16X
    Job: Ketchup
    Guild: Resonance
    Alliance: Everybody Leeches
    New_Jersey

That's news to me. When did they implement this change?

6. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

1.Based on luck.
    2.Nope. Any item like that before Chaos is completely useless.
    3.Yes, unless there's one out there that isn't.
    4.In GAZED, they hardly sell those kinds of things, so pretty much going out and herbing is just best instead.
    . They instead however, sell the completed product, though for roughly a very reasonable price that if it were supposed to be in a pot shop. They (sometimes) sell out.
    5.Yea, I don't know why people still have mules stationed in NLC. Likely because they don't want to go through the process of getting all the things and just making those...regardless of the difference
    6.Big time.

7. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Almost all of my friends use Ginger Ales, but I don't. I get free Power Elixirs from DRPQ and Reindeer Milks from everywhere :P

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Well this is a slap in the face. Are there any useful drops that are pre-4th job?

9. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Indeed, it's cheaper and efficient to make your potions if you harvest your own materials, but it's pretty time consuming and boring.

Making the higher healing pots (from materials not sold from the merchant) would be take even more time that I wouldn't think it'd be worth making healing potions out of those. I'd also recommend saving the Lv10 herbal materials (especially Juniper berry seeds/oils) for crafting other things than healing potions because there are stuff that you can make with those that can sell for a bit, like experience boosting potions if you ever come across a recipe.

NLC pots are still useful. I still use honsters and ginger ales myself. The only downside is that they don't stack up to 400 like the crafted potions. That's about it, but they still work well.

1. You can make as many as you'd want as long as you have the materials. Given my experience, I'm able to harvest about 30-45 herbs in 10 minutes with a normal shovel. A shortcut would to make or create some characters/mules into herbalists (level up their profession for higher herbs) and assign them to using the part-time job system to harvest the materials for you.

2. Monster drops can be NPCed or be used as imp food. Raising imps can reward you with stuff like wrenches and rakes, but it's a bit tedious.

3. Recipes are tradeable.

4. Imo, it's more practical to make the 2k MaxHP pots because you can mass harvest your own materials from it as you can buy them from the NPC shop. They take mandarin seed oils, brown powders, and inter. item crystals. 4k MaxHP pots takes more higher leveled resources and time to make.

Also, most alchemy recipes (including these MaxHP pots) expire in 24 hours once used, but you can make as many of them as you'd like as long as you have enough materials until then. So check the info on the recipe itself and be prepared with your materials and space before you use it. Each craft gives you 3 potions and holds 10 in each inventory slot.

5. 10k Healing potions are a pain to make, so it's not worth it. They require a mix of Lv10 materials to make which would make the NLC pots cheaper. To add to it, even with a max level in alchemy, you can still fail at making Lv10 stuff so it's not all 100% reliable. The 10k healing pot recipe is also semi-rare (most commonly found from Arkarium) and also expires in 24 hours after use. At most you can still make potions/pills that heal 4k-6k HP with Lv8/9 materials, while digging up every red and black flower you see.

6. Those item grade jewels are useless.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

Well that's another slap in the face. I thought those recipes are learned forever. Not turn it into a race of how much you can make in 24 hours. Oh well, now I know to stock up on materials before making those potions. I guess on the other hand it keeps such recipes valuable since people will always be needing to learn them again.

11. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Any useful crafted healing pots are pretty expensive to make. You're better off sticking with NLC pots.
    HP boost and stat boost potions can be made for a couple hundred k mesos each. They don't really sell fast enough to be making any significant profit though. The best way to make money with these is to make some stat-appropriate potions to sell coinciding the release of new classes, e.g. luk boost with thief revamp, str boost with mihile etc.

12. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Those stat potions are mostly being used for people trying to equip their empress equipment. I can't really see them being used anywhere else worthwhile here o-o. They will still sell, but it'll vary from people and can be pretty slow.

Anyway, making and selling those experience boosting potions at the right time can also be very profitable, like right before 2x exp events. You get 3 per craft, but also has a small failure rate (5-10%?) even max level. I've managed to sell several of them for 40m each in Windia. I think could've sold them for a bit more.

13. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Ascension.

14. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

1. I value my space so I, like you, use stacks of 800 HP and MP pills for all my characters, I'd say it is incredibly unlikely for you to run out of the amount you can make in one day of herb collection unless you are constantly taking high damage e.g. Azwan's percent based damage. I use Chamomile-based 5000 HP/MP pills. For basic training purposes, I won't run through a stack even in a few hours.

What inspired me to try these out in the first place, not unlike yourself, was just the simple math, 60% of 30K MP * 150 stacking means 2.7M MP healed via Mana Bull versus 5K MP * 800 stacking is 4M MP healed per inventory slot. Sure, they are cheaper too, but that was secondary for me. Auto-Pot means I don't even notice the difference.

One caveat is bossing, 1/1 are far too much of a hassle for pot button mashing so I always use % based healing usually of both HP and MP for those instances.

3. There is one rare exception to "All Recipes are tradable," that is the Advanced Giant Potion.

15. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

I have mules for part time jobs, and the herbs obtained there are sufficient to feed me all the pots I need. Over time, you would have loads of the flowers and seeds (30 each time). Yeah you'll get more of the lower levelled ones than the higher levelled ones, true, but roughly speaking in one day 30 x 3 Mandarins give me 30 oils, which allow you to make potions 10 times i.e. 500 pots. That's pretty good for me. Different levelled pots heal differently (duh) and do require more of the starting materials to make the oils, so if I need healing for 4K HP/MP and above, I feel that the marginal cost for using the high levelled alchemy materials is too high if I use alchemy potions. I always have honsters with me since they heal my BaM 10k each time (and the recipe for advanced healing pot is not permanent... grr).

But even now I'm surviving very happily on the Silent Crusade pots. MP? Use the Jr. Boogie familiar, or whatever familiar you prefer. Generally speaking, I can't use up pots fast enough to burn them all (guild pots, untradable PEs...).

Hadriel

16. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

This is essentially what I do, leave most of my mules doing herbalism part time jobs. They not only serve as mules, but as flower farms

17. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

mp potions are great to stock up on as a non-mage. 2500mp potion can be made super easily since the mats can be bought at the store. I'd keep two emergency stacks for if your familiar runs out of juice and you have no more familars to take its place. It will definitely last you through however long you were planning to grind (2x event for instance).

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

For now, familiars can be "refreshed" by changing channel or going into cash shop. The familiar disappears, and when you take it out again it's at full vitality. So you really only need that emergency stack for situations in which you can't cc, such as bosses or party quests. Or when you prefer to be using another familiar (such as a Big Spider for more drops).

19. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Oh cool stuff. I should really go nab some jr boogies for my sair then :O
    But yes, at PQs it's great to have back ups. At bosses... well you might be using elixirs anyways due to nexon's love of 1/1.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Nlc pots have other uses, like on a mage they are great as they heal both hp and mp so I don't have to worry about having to use 2 pots and possibly dieing because I didn't have time to use both pots. Also pot lock.