Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Proton

IGN: darkqthunder, xSilentShadx
    Server: Windia
    Job: w/e I feel like
    Guild: LexTallionis

Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Here's my quick cost analysis for the 2.5k potions (Omitting higher ones because they require time or are unreliable if you're getting them from part time jobs and may or may not be made at a sufficient rate depending on your class, avoid, def, where you train/boss etc. Omitting lower ones for sake of inventory space):
    3*((10k*3+100)/0.9)+50*100 = ~105333 (The 0.9 if due to the chance of creating a powder instead of an oil)
    This will heal 125k HP.
    105333/2800 = ~37.6 Honsters/Mana bulls for same price.
    125k/37.6 = ~3.3k HP healed per Honster/Mana bull for same price efficiency or ~5.5k hp/mp on the character.
    As for inventory space efficiency comparison with NLC pots:
    400*2.5k = 1M, 1M/150 = ~6.67k or 11.1k HP/MP on the character.
    For elixers:
    1M/300 = ~3.3k or ~6.7k HP on the character.
    Conclusion: For those of you who value time (And personally I use part time jobs in mining because of chances to get stuff like android recipes, which I've gotten 3 of so far), high HP/MP characters should still use NLC pots or elixers (which a decent number of drop in normal mode Hilla, which isn't difficult and has a chance of dropping valuable accessory crafting recipes so I know many people who do it regularly anyway)

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

This thread sure is popular. I'll definitely carry a stack or two of Ginger Ales for 1/1 attacks. I do find it hilarious that even with 30k MP/HP, an 800 stack of 2500 pots far outheals a stack of Mana Bulls/Honsters.

So let's see then. New questions due to new stuff here:

1. For Part-Time Jobs, if I just mass produce the lowest level oils to get max level Herbalism on mules, will it noticeably increase the odds of getting level 5+ items like Juniper flowers/seeds?
    2. What monster would you recommend I hunt for the +4,000 HP Health Boost Potion Recipe?
    3. How far below the monster level must I be to give a notcieable decrease in the recipe drop rate?
    4. How much will I be expecting to pay for a Light/Swift Rake/Wrench if I want to buy them instead of raising Imps for a chance at getting them?
    5. I'm reading on Hiddenstreet that the Wrenches/Rakes have a durability number next to them such as 800/500. I assume that means I can use said item that many times before I need a new one?
    6. Is Monster PQ a reliable way to get more bags?

3. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

1. Yes. As your herbalism increases, so does your rewards.

6. I guess so, probably at a low rate though. I've only gotten an herb bag/ 8-slot bag maybe once out of 20 PQs.

4. Proton

IGN: darkqthunder, xSilentShadx
    Server: Windia
    Job: w/e I feel like
    Guild: LexTallionis

2. I haven't ever actually seen either the potion or the recipe for the 4000 HP boost potion, though I've gotten the recipe for the 2000 HP one from zakum and HT.
    3. It's a % drop rate decrease every 5 levels above the monster you are, Bosses and lvl 150+ mobs are excluded to give higher level players non-crap drop rates in more than just like Empress. Also, meso drops are included so just find a mob that still drops mesos about half the time and you're good.
    4. I don't ever see them in the FM (And Windia has a relatively decent sized FM I think).
    5. Pretty sure yes.
    6. Reliable I'm not really certain about, I myself have gotten 2 or 3 bags (All 8 slots) but have no idea how many runs I've done.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Level 150+ mobs and bosses aren't affected by the drop rate decrease? Swag. At least my future 200 can easily farm those mobs then. Just to double double check then. Does that mean recipes won't drop at all if you're too strong, or will it just get annoying harder to find? If it's harder to find, I will probably just grab a +100% item drop rate Familiar on my strongest character and go to town on the mobs.

Oh, just need to confirm. Stuff like Health Boost potions. Do they stack in 3 or 10? I googled and an old SP thread says 3, while Maplearchive says 10. I hope it's 10, so I can churn out in one go enough pseudo Hyperbody potions to last me my whole Maple career.

6. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Superior Health Boost potions (the 5k boost ones) stack in 10s. Can't say regarding regular 2k boosts for certain but they are probably the same. Luk potions and giant potions are stacks of 10 as well.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

It means it is impossibly hard to find.
    If i can rarely/never find a lv 10 equip from a mushroom, you sure as hell can't find a recipe.
    Also, it stacks in 10. You get 3 per craft.

8. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

I've gotten both the 2k and 4k health boost potion recipes from HT (before the drop nerf though). And for the 2k potions, you make 3 at a time in stacks of 10.

9. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

How much MP should I get for NLC pots?
    How much do they stack in?
    Would tuey be reccomended for a Luminous and at what level.

10. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Another good thing to note with herbalists doing the part time job is that you can randomly get recipes as the special bonus reward for it. From what I've gone through, it won't include the very rare or Lv 10 recipes. However, they do include the recipes for 2k MaxHP and giant potions. I've gotten both of them myself several times. It's still completely luck and random based for you might not always get a bonus reward and/or the specific recipe you're looking for.

Health boost recipes are pretty cheap in the FM here. I think probably because it's mostly used at higher leveled places/bosses for an added insurance for survival and nowhere else that makes it cheap and slow to sell.

11. Default Re: NLC pots nearly useless? Monster Crystal/Recipe/material farming?

Seriously? Ugh, what a horribly system. Punish legitimate players while not really hurting the botters much, just like the attack x times before your skills do nothing annoyace (sucks when a boss is pinned to the wall with knockback and suddenly your skills go through them)