IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Cash0 Bypassing a network firewall or block?

I just moved into my dorm today, and the internet is pretty sucky. I figured I'd try to log on maple to see how bad my lag was, but I get the Firewall/Server Check notification instead.
    I also tried to torrent something just to make sure that it wasn't Maple that was the issue, and this is what I got:

Any idea on how to get around it? At least for Maple. I don't care so much for torrenting.

2. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

The only bypass is a VPN or proxy that are permitted by your network and will route all forbidden traffic for you.

3. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

So..something like hotspot shield, correct? Yet when I have that running, it can't find a secure connection. Is that just due to the extremely bad connection I have here? o.o

4. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

or
    Many networks block VPN out because of the fact they're bypasses.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/How_to...n_application)

5. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

Try running utorrent as an Admin.

6. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

I had this problem. Try downloading the Tor browser bundle. It worked for me. If you can't download it because of the firewall (pretty likely) have someone else download the version you need and upload the whole thing to something like mediafire and just download it that way.

7. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

If you've got windows firewall on the whole network for some reason, you'll probably have to contact the IT department and ask them to add an exception for Maplestory. Not totally related, but I wouldn't recommend torrenting stuff at a university. Most of them are targeted specifically and I imagine you'll have your internet privileges revoked if you're caught torrenting something.

8. Default Re: Bypassing a network firewall or block?

Personally, I'd vote VPN. Tor is pretty damn slow >>