View Poll Results: Your stance on this important matter?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe and have experienced paranormal activity.

13 26.53%
  • I believe, but have never experienced paranormal activity.

8 16.33%
  • I don't believe, but have experienced unexplainable things.

6 12.24%
  • I don't believe and have never experienced paranormal activity.

22 44.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghostperry

1. Default Re: Ghostperry

Sounds like hag-type sleep paralysis. I've never had terrifying visual hallucinations while in that state -- non-visual terror, yes, and non-terrifying visuals -- but just thinking about the possibility of that kind of hallucination creeps me out big-time. I can freak myself out plenty fine without additional help from other kinds of brain weirdness.

//edit: Or do I mean night terrors, or are they one and the same? I'm leaning towards no on the latter, but I'm too lazy to go ask Mama Wikipedia rn.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Ghostperry

The night is dark and full of terrors.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I've seen some wierd s'hit before.

3. Default Re: Ghostperry

My rounter has a back up battery that can last about 3 hours. Maybe longer because that's as far as I've had a blackout for before leaving.

4. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

My whole family can see ghosts.

My mom's seen a baby female ghost follow my aunt to a room, another aunt has seen the outline of a old man in a suit walking from their house. My cousins too.

Me on the other hand, I haven't seen any since childhood, where I saw a vivid shadowman with yellow eyes staring at my mom. As i got older though...They say I'm protected for some reason, as when I'm around these sightings never happen. Even at the places they do see them most.

Either that or they're pulling some epic 15 year long prank on me.

5. Default Re: Ghostperry

lol what

6. Default Re: Ghostperry

While I've never really had anything happen to me, I'm definitely more inclined to believe in ghosts than god.

7. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Er, not a baby, more like a toddler... not a... floating... infant (man even I would find that one freaky.)

8. Heavily armored Humvee
    IGN: TheSovereignBowi
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: The League
    Guild: Of Draven

Some info that might shed light on goofy electronics:

Capacitors!
    Spoiler

So remember kids, if you're ever going to void your warranty on your electronics, properly discharge the device first!
    And at the end of the day, even senior electronics engineers chalk up hard-to-explain and unexpected failures to magic smoke!
    So don't let the smoke out of your circuits and everything will be okay!

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Ah yes, I've experienced many.
    The closest and most shocking was with my sister.
    When my sister was young she always had this sensorial feelings towards anything.
    When she entered a house or a room and she said: I don't like to be here. Then it was because there was something wrong there. Nobody, not even her knew what it was.
    So we never cared much about this senses my sister had, but then she started to have other things. Like a day she woke up and went with my mother and she told her, mom I had a nightmare but I couldn't understand it, there was this people with clothes on their head and I couldn't understand what they were saying, everyone was running and the buildings were crumbling down I didn't know what was happening. That day, a few hours later when we turn on the news, it said there was this earthquake on a middle east country. We, of course thought it was just a coincidence. A few months later same thing happened but this time she told us taht she was like in a town in the middle of the jungle, and she could understand what people were saying, but there was a lot of death and people were crying, a few days later a landslide ocurred near Guatemala when my sister saw videos of it, she only said "that place looks familiar" (as she like anyone else tends to forget their dreams). So years passed and we didn't care about this, until one day. It was just a normal day I was playing videogames with my older brother at the living room and my parents were at the table chating with a visit, then my sister came down the stairs saying she was feeling sick and dizzy, when my mom went to the kitchen to get the medicine my sister replied: no it's not that. What is it? said my mom. I don't know but my belly feels funny and I'm seeing all purple. We didn't know what was happening to her until she said "mom there's someone who wants to talk to you" she said "who?" I don't know, but he calls himself "Chepe". At that time my mom stared at my sister for like 5 minutes saying nothing, then my brother asked my sister, do you even know who's Chepe? No she said. Chepe is your granpa, my sister gave a strange look then she said, but he never told me he only told me that he was someone close to the family. Do you see him? asked my dad, yes everytime he even go with me walking to the school replied my sister. Are you sure about this? How is he? asked my mom. At that moment, my sister started to describe my granpa with so much detail, details that even my mom didn't remember until that moment. When she finished my mom made a phone call, we all sat at the living room, nobody said anything my sister was just looking at nothing like she was worried, then a couple knocked at the door (Until this day I haven't know who these people were), they started asking things to my sister like since when she started to see my granpa and what other things she could see. She only gave short answers like "6 years ago" and "dreams that come true". Then they asked if my granpa wanted something with her, my mom was just staring at her. My sister after a couple of minutes just said yes, he wants to talk with my dad. Why with your dad and not with your mom? asked the woman, because he has some important things to say to my dad. Can you tell us what he wants to say? asked the woman, no he wants to say it personally, said my sister. When my sister told us that, I looked at my mom and she was scared to death. Can you do that? asked the other guy. Yes, I can but it hurts and makes me feel funny besides, I don't like the place where I go and he doesn't want anyone to be hurt.
    -That's why you didn't tell your parents? asked the woman.
    -No, I didn't tell them because I didn't want them to think I'm crazy or abnormal.
    -Why do you feel sick then?
    -Because he says he needs to say it now and I don't want to, so he's pushing me to say it.
    -Does he hurts you?
    -No he never does that, he even tell me things on what to do or not to.
    My mom didn't know what to do, she was nervous, scared and at the edge of going crazy with the situation, I didn't know what the hell was going on, I was only 9 years old. After a moment, my sister looked at my mom.
    -Mom, you can try to go there.
    My mom turned to my sister and her eyes were wide opened.
    - Is he gonna leave if I go there?, asked my mom.
    - Yes, but it hurts and you are gonna feel very hot from the inside.
    My mom didn't say a thing, she sat right beside my sister. Then my sister stared at something, she didn't blink for a few seconds, my mom closed her eyes and started to sweat. I was speechless and I thought this was just a bad tasteless joke. Then my mom opened her eyes but she had a strange look, like she couldn't focus on anything. Then she standed up, came close to my dad and told him "Como estás lolito?" (How are you ed?). We were all astonished as my mom had the EXACT same voice of my grandpa.
    At that moment my dad and bro started to cry. The woman asked me and my brother to get out of there.
    We just went to our bedroom and we didn't know what happened. I asked my brother if that was my granpa, and he said yes but he couldn't understand why.
    When they let us out, my mom was crying in the couch and my dad was next. Then the woman started to explain what was going on with my sister.
    She told us that anyone can see the spirits, but only if the spirits are wanted to be seen and only if you have at least 6 opened chakras. She explained that everyone borns with 3 opened chakras and we developed 4th and 5th while we grow up but only a few people can sense the last two. She told us that it was most likely that my sister had her 6 chakras opened since she was a toddler and everything was normal to her and sometimes she could open the seventh chakra that's why she could see things beyond her reach.
    They told us that my sister could achieve great things as shw was and they asked her that if she wanted to be like that, my sister refused she didn't want to know anything about it. Then they asked her to come with them to close those two permanently so she stopped seeing things. A few days later they came back and took my sister with them, my dad went with my sister. A couple days later my sister came back, she told us she finally didn't see anything in the highway and wasn't afraid to look at graveyards again. Since then we haven't talked about this.

Is there a logical-scientifical way to explain all this? I haven't found one yet.
    So if you ask me if I believe in creepy ghost who are just blood thirst my answer would be no.
    If you ask me if I believe in spirits, I would say yes.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

I think I was 8 years old. I was at a family friends' grandpas house. The grandpa had passed and they were moving all of his things into storage until everything with the will was sorted out. Anyways there were three of us kids. Two 8 year olds and one 13 year old. We were playing in the empty house and it was a bit ominous because the grandpa had just passed and this house was built just after the civil war. Running up and down the stairs, we ended up in the guest room upstairs. It was a very small room with a small closet with shuttered doors and a hanging light bulb in the center of the room with a pull chain. They had left this stool in there. It was the only piece of furniture in the house. The light was left on. We turned it off and went downstairs getting ready to go since the Uhaul was all packed up. Once downstairs we heard quiet laughing coming from upstairs. We went upstairs to check it out and the light was on. The chain was moving ever so slightly, not swinging, but it definitely looked like it had been touched. So creeped out my older friend turns off the light and we run as fast as we can downstairs. Again we hear the laughing, but louder. We run up the stairs and the stool was in the corner and the chain was swinging and the light was on. At that point we ran straight out of the house and told the parents. They checked it out and said the light was off and we were just being silly. They locked the doors and we left. If anyone was in that house playing tricks they got locked inside because those doors were the type that if you lock it it is locked doesn't matter what side you are on. To this day my friends and I know what happened but no one ever believed us. The house is still unoccupied as far as I know 15 years later. I have since then moved across the country, but my mom still lives down the street.

11. Default Re: Ghostperry

Thats the thing, it was out for almost 15 minutes

12. Default Re: Ghostperry

Did you read madanthony's post?

13. Default Re: Ghostperry

pomegranate like this happens too frequently in my house to even be scared. we constantly hear marbles and footsteps, even in the middle of the night and early morning(when my neighbours are obviously asleep)... other than footsteps there were random door slammings.Other than that, my laptop is always positioned right next to my window and if i have my window open in the wee hours, i would randomly see a shadowy thingy zoom past. no foot steps, no 'human presence' felt, just shadow flying past... my brother once mentioned about a similar thing that he saw about 11 years ago along the same corridor.

14. Default Re: Ghostperry

Aldo I believe in "Angels and Demons" I have never experienced seeing one.
    I do however had a bad trip when attemping Lucid dreaming.
    As soon as I reached the "no body" stage and starting seeing shapeless stuff I tried to focus on that, which is wrong to do when attempting this.
    It turned into Sleep paralysis, which means you can't do anything only see. You cant move and you see some weird stuff to say the least.

As I looked it up, this is a product of your brain movement every night, but this time my mind was awake. I dont recommend it.
    I can now Lucid dream good, and to avoid sleep paralysis follow this: DONT interact, concentrate or focus on the strange movement when starting lucid dreams. Just let it form into a living world BEFORE interacting with stuff.

15. Default Re: Ghostperry

Don't care either way, to be honest. They don't bother me, I don't bother them. Aside from that, the more you think about stuff like that, the more likely it is that you will be influenced "directly" by it. The brain is the most powerful organ at our disposal for many reasons...in this case, due to the fact that it basically functions by learning the patterns of what you want it to do (usually just on the conscious level, but under enough influence it can easily alter the unconscious controls as well), it produces false external stimuli for you because it thinks you want them, OR it attunes you more closely to leftover signatures of the departed, or a little bit of each; again, I don't know or care if the supernatural is real, the only thing I care about is that we stay in a permanent long distance relationship.

16. Default Re: Ghostperry

Can't say I generally believe; however there are 3 odd things I can think of that are out of the norm.

1.) A while back at my last place, I had electrical wires all throughout my room connecting things to my television and PC and such. While having headphones connected to the back of my PC, I was able to hear the faint audio output from my idling PS2. Except there was no direct connection for that at all. The audio from the PC was only output to the receiver and headphones via a split; and the audio from the PS2 only went to the receiver as well. They were of different quality outputs and there were no visual connections between the systems. And the receiver was off at the time too. I have no idea how that connection worked, but it could be done over and over to get this faint "radio static" of the Suikoden 1 OP theme.

2.) Bat decided to stay on window screen of our kitchen. We don't get bats here: at all. I think the nearest cave for them is supposed to be over 200 miles away. Anyway, this bat decides to sit there; and the next morning, is dead, still sitting there.

3.) I have oversensitive hearing. Everyone around me looks at me funny, but I can hear most electronic devices when the environment is quiet enough. It isn't as if I'm hearing things either though, as after a bit of investigating, I can find the point of origin, and verify it by cutting the power. Of note was one time when there was this light buzzing sound while I was trying to sleep, and it was driving me mad. I was surprised to find that it was the power supply to a Nintendo DS charger. Why that bothers me, I'll never know. Another one to note are light-bulbs; florescent or other.

So yeah, I have a few things that are either unexplainable or I might think have possible further meaning; but I can't say I've had experiences that involved the presence of another being; or really ever seeing things. I suppose the closest thing to seeing things I've had was as a child with ADD, I did that thing with my eyes following "floaters".

17. Default Re: Ghostperry

I've had a few incidents and I've always believed in ghosts. I have a few friends who have these incidents pretty regularly too.

The earliest one I had was when I was 14. It was about 1 AM and I was the only one up, with the light on and on the desktop in the living room. I suddenly see a black ball-like shadow zoom across the kitchen floor, ignored it, and then flashed towards my feet. It disappeared when I turned my head towards in. I thought nothing of it except that it happened again about a month later.

Another was when I was visiting my friend's house because he had to pick up a few things. According to my friend there's a little girl spirit who's fairly active at night. Lucky me. It was night. I got curious what his house was like (it was a little awkward just standing there in the living room with his sleeping uncle) so I peeked down the hallway, and one of the picture frames starts swinging. Nope. Went back to the living room, saying it's my imagination.

On the way out, he also has this walk-in tool shed outside his front door. He's told me previously about how one time he needed something in it (you can't turn on the light without walking inside a bit and pulling a chain) and undoubtedly from the opposite corner of this shed, he hears a little girl giggling. It was the middle of the night when no reasonable parent would even let their kids out at that hour. My friend's moved a lot in the past so I asked if this was that same tool shed. He said yeah. Chills down my spine. NOPE. Stood by my car across the street until my friend was done locking his house.

Another incident he's had was his sister and mother were watching TV in the living room. He came out of his room, which passes over the kitchen then to the living room, and sees this thin black haired lady bending towards a cupboard. He didn't think anything of it until he saw his sister and mother lounging on the sofa. Asked if one of them was in the kitchen just now and they both say they've been by the TV the whole time.

Another friend of mine lived by a graveyard, for the cheap rent. He didn't have any problems but the one night his then-girlfriend slept over, she flipped out in the middle of the night. She said she saw a bloody man holding a knife kneeling at the foot of the bed with a creepy ass smile. My friend said he was staring where she was pointing but to him, there was nothing there.

The last incident I had was that there is this unoccupied house in Houston where in the past a man murdered his family pretty violently. I believe he stabbed his wife, dumped her in the bathtub, then drowned his two kids in it after. Not sure how true it is but there have been reports of the shower suddenly running or finding locks of hair in the tub. So my friend and I derped around and went to this house. Started to suddenly get a bad feeling but kept quiet. Apparently, my friend was feeling the same. So we ditched. Never going back there. Even the outside of the house looked creepy as pomegranate.

Man. What a long post.

18. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: WolfpackHero
    Server: KradiaGMS
    Level: 19x
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Allure
    Alliance: Prestige
    Washington

I don't believe in paranormal activity. What I believe is that paranormal experiences can either be explained by neurology or other physical evidence.

The closest thing that's happened to me that I would consider paranormal phenomena happened a few years ago. My family had an old television, about 10 years old. Occasionally it would turn itself on with the volume louder than it's normally set at, or even lower. This was rather annoying because it would mostly happen at night when everybody's sleeping. We blamed it on the old TV malfunctioning, and replaced it. But I can see how other people would see that TV as haunted, or possessed.

19. Default Re: Ghostperry

I love paranormal things and am a huge believer in them, even though it scares the pomegranate out of me.

I know I've had several but the only one I truly remember was when I saw the shadow of a little boy running into my bedroom on my wall. Obviously nothing was found in my room but I can't explain what could have looked so vividly like a little kid running. Weird stuff.

I love watching those shows where they explore and study paranormal areas. And Paranormal Activity are awesome movies.

20. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

This thread is scaring me.