Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

This. THIS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    Happens so often almost every single time. Happened to my party 2 times today. At the end I quitted that party and make one on my own with all those ditched players. What's worst its how other people praise that player like "0mgz ur g0dly" "UR so godly" "do you have any spare item?". How rotten can this community be? How long until the players realize that those duped/hacked items just make the rich poor, and the poor poorer? How I hate when people just reply to this with "just get some NX and buy those items"...

2. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Illicit drugs and guns are on par with illicit virtual items, yes. Both are illegal in their respective realms. Paying for something doesn't take you off the hook for the fact they're illegal. I sincerely hate when people make your counterargument without thinking for four seconds about the fact that I'm not arguing about how dangerous they are.

3. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

I know at one point in time Empress would disconnect the entire expedition for something, i think it involved crash. That was the only really serious error that occurred with empress i believe. I don't believe there were any empress bannings until Nexon's recent announcement that Gm's would be patrolling heavily hacked maps. Some legit players might have been banned inside empress since the patrolling started though( I think there was some Windian NL that was falsely banned?). Heysammi did sell alot of empress equips before her Evan dissapeared though xD.

4. Neutron Female
    IGN: HEYsammi
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    California

I wasn't even talking about people working/using their money for duped equips. I was talking about the legits that actually spent effort to scrolling/making an item that happens to have the same stats as a duped equipped, and how TS believed that they should all get deleted regardless of their origin.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I think the "paid for" items discussed here were items people made themselves, with tons of meso and NX, which just so happen to have the same stats as the hacked equips. These items are not inherently illicit. What you are talking about is items people bought "with real money" off MTS. Those are indeed illicit.

Now, in America, I believe the "innocent until proven guilty" rule is intended to make sure not a single innocent is unjustly jailed, even if it means a thousand guilty go free.
    However, Nexon doesn't have to do it that way.
    I believe they should delete all the items with those well-known stats. If you happen to have one you made yourself, log a ticket with proof, and it will be restored.

But, as I said before, they'll never do it. Too many NX-buyers have these items, Nexon doesn't want to piss them off.

Anyway, there are lots of other areas they need to improve on.
    • Bug fixing. And making sure they stay fixed. I mean, seriously, fixing Phantom's Zakum pre-quests - and then unfixing it the next patch?
    • Testing. We have not had such a buggy version release as 115 in a loooong time.
    • Responding to tickets. They still send out idiotic form-responses without reading tickets, a lot of the time. That has got to stop.
    • Responding to forum threads. They've made it impossible to log tickets about bugs in the game, and require people to post on the forum. But the forum is busy and messy, and the vast majority of threads still go without any comment by a GM. Some bugs get lost in the shuffle - and some bugs get conveniently ignored in that same shuffle.
    • Banning hackers. They should leave the ad-spammers in FM1 alone, and use their meager in-game time to ban hackers at bosses and botters at the known hotspots (why did they put up the "where are cheaters?" thread in their forums, if they don't intend to use it?)
    • Preventing hacks and exploits.
    • Preventing false auto-bans. Although that probably goes into "bug fixing".

...and more.

6. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: WolfpackHero
    Server: KradiaGMS
    Level: 19x
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Allure
    Alliance: Prestige
    Washington

The argument of; Nexon won't delete duped items because it will piss of NX buyers may be true, but there are benefits. For an example, if there are no duped equips/items in the game, players will be forced to actually buy cash items to improve their equipment, instead of having the option to just buy "perfect" gear from dupers, bypassing giving Nexon money. This should seriously be considered.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Oh, they are trying to prevent further duping.
    But they are leaving the old duped equips in-game, both to avoid pissing off players, and to give the new players something to aim for when they scroll their own (with cash shop guards/shields/wards, of course).

8. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Not to mention that they create new methods of improving equipment so "perfect" duped gear is no longer the best it can be and will require some more NX to be boosted.

9. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

This is a very serious issue, even in JMS right now. It appears Nexon doesn't really change much regardless of location.

10. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

You need to reread his post, you completely misread it.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Honestly, I think Nexon has been doing a decent job overall lately. The health of the game has improved significantly and the events aren't bad either (although the exp may have been a little overkill, eh?)

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I think some of the people giving them the higher grades are disregarding some issues that are still very much significant:

-glitches still take forever to be resolved.
    -ticketing system as a whole is STILL weak. No legit phone line for cust. service.
    -duping is STILL rampant (at this time I believe perma NX items are being duped largely, even though I think more so in some servers than in others). Then there's shops I see all over which are filled with stacks of 5 white scrolls. Items tagged with hackers' name still all over the place.
    -botting has never really went anywhere.

13. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

oh wow nexon still has people defending them

howwwww????

(not votes, i mean people like insammity... people who havent yet been jaded by being constantly pushed to obsolescence with the next big pay to win)

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

You know what's even more weird? That she gave Nexon an "F". I think she's defending hackers more than she's defending Nexon. Regardless, she seems like a very uninformed and/or confused individual.

15. Neutron Female
    IGN: HEYsammi
    Job: Evan
    California

I wasn't defending hackers. -facepalm- I shouldn't have even bothered posting in this thread.
    I gave Nexon an F because I don't like how they handle CS prices, or customer support. I wasn't defending anyone, I was just arguing with you because I hated how you tried to justify yourself and trying sound all high and mighty, criticizing Nexon as if you run a company yourself. Reminds me a lot like a typical narrow-minded typical Basiler.

16. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Dumb. Why do I have to run a business to be able to critisize their clearly, poorly moderated game? I could make maplestory the best free to play game on the planet and nearly triple their profits. Just by applying the most basic common sense.

17. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Nexon is a company
    Companies aim to maximise profits for shareholders
    There is no speculation involved in that.

@MrTouchnGo worded this amazingly in #3
    http://mrtouchngo.wordpress.com/2012...re-fallacious/

Right, because publicly announcing where your hotspots are is such a great idea.

18. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

How is this relevant at all to the topic? At least tie it in if you're gonna ask that, or take it to PM.

OT: They're doing better..but they still have a long way to go; although some people here are never happy.

Edit:
    ......and then there are people like you who like to assume pomegranate when they know nothing about the person.

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I guess I must be a narrow-minded typical Basiler. What gives me the sheer audacity to criticize a company for things like dupes being around, for things like non-existent transparency, for things like no GM presence, for things like new exploits being around virtually every week or few weeks? And sorry, but it's quite obvious duping is still around. Go to the fm and see for yourself. And your comments about them not affecting anyone are...just stop. Maybe you're trying to speak from an objective standpoint, but how could these comments not be at least loosely interpreted as in defense of hackers?

And again, I don't want hard-earned non-duped items to disappear along with the duped ones. Not at all unless absolutely as a last resort. I genuinely want not only what's best for the individual player but what's best for the entire community (primarily those who are against cheating and hacking). Is that what made me "high and mighty"?

@icephoenix21 I'd personally be pretty happy once (if) we hardly ever see dupes and once we see GMs significantly decreasing hacker activity and botting, not to mention answering their tickets (especially from those who are their top customers). Is that too much to ask for?

20. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

How is this relevant to the topic? Tie it in or take it to the PMs . Anyways was just responding to something that
    bothered me in her response. Nothing serious but she seemed taken aback that someone assumed she was affiliated with certain people. Given that she was permanently banned and sold alot of empress equips i didn't think that would phase her, again nothing serious. Just making some assumptions based on what little i know about the person.

OT: I think Nexon's slowly getting better. Exploits are getting patched faster and they're much better than they were in the past in my opinion.