IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Duped items are still around because hacker-tagged 2x - 3x shoes/earrings/noses/etc are still around. GM scrolls are still around even though they're now untrade-able. If you're referring to the ability to dupe, there's still private methods available is what I'm hearing everywhere. Yes it's just rumors/hearsay, but I don't see the need to make false claims about it.

As paying customers (some of us), we shouldn't take what we're given without being critical of it. We should demand that our service be as good as possible. Lame excuses of "they run more than 1 game so it's hard" is BS. This game right here is their largest moneymaker, by far. So they should b e and are focusing on it the most. Yes, we don't know exactly how Nexon operates, but based on their history of incompetence, we know it isn't very well.
    LOL, you saying duped equips don't affect players is pretty naive and ignorant. You also saying to "get over it" is pathetic, because it seems like you don't mind those equips being in the game at all. If you're happy with even a few hackers still being in the game (even though they'll always be there), you're either one of them or one of their friends.

Like I said a few times already, I do not want ot delete legit items unless it would be as a last resort after all other methods have failed.

Playing the game for 'yourself' is what got us into this mess to begin with. This selfish mentality is what lets the hackers run loose. If hackers don't affect you personally, they affect your wallet, and that in turn DOES affect you personally. If you still stick to petty hacker-defending cliche arguments, please take it to basil, where hacker-lovers would embrace it.

3. Neutron Female
    IGN: HEYsammi
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    California

It's like you didn't read ToS at all; Nexon doesn't owe you anything even if you're a "paying" customer. It's a free game, and they made it that way. If they're so incompetent, you can go find a better game with a better company to join, oh wait, there's practically none that let you play for free and still have great customer service.

What you just said made me think you're just a narrow minded person. I'm ignorant? Okay, says the dude that assumes I'm friends with hackers, ignorant. Why should I mind them? They're not stopping me from playing the game at all. Stop raging over what people have and what you don't have, and if you didn't understand what that meant, quit being jelly.

Oh just because things don't go your way, you want to delete something someone has worked hard on and paid for? Seems legit.

Okay, unless this was real life and people were magically duping, I'd care... But wait, it's just a game, remember what that is? You're taking "playing the game for yourself" out of what I meant, ignorant. How do they affect my wallet? Assuming I even spend money on this game. Oh by making things cheaper? Ok, that's such a crime (don't assume I'm supporting them because of what I just said, it's hypothetical). Basil hacker-lovers? LOL, you must be new there.

You seem pretty naive and ignorant yourself. Jesus, the ignorant is strong with this one, I'm not even going to bother reading your counter argument after you read and try to reply to this. There's no such thing as perfect in this world, so keep dreaming that Nexon will magically satisfy you. You have quite the selfish-mentality yourself.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I believe Nexon has mad a strategic decision to let these hacked duped items remain in the game, for two reasons:
    1) They are too widespread, which means a lot of people will get pissed off if they are removed;
    2) The people who own them have demonstrated a willingness to pay real-world money to get stronger in Maplestory.
    Doesn't matter if they spent it in MTS or in MoneyPaks out side the game, $$ for damage is $$ for damage. Nexon likes players like that. Nexon doesn't much care for players, legit or not, who insist on continuing to play Maple for free, year after year.

As for the topic: I feel Nexon made a great leap forward, and then stalled. What they are doing now is miles better than how they were last year - but hardly any better than they were when we first got surprised by the "new Nexon". In some areas I feel like they've even regressed. Certainly the bug hunt has drawn to a standstill.

5. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Haha oh my god. So you're okay with the fact that nexon pretty much gives you virtually no support or security? And great customer service. HA. You want talk about great customer service, why in the flying f`uck do they admit to being exploited and decide to give compensation that is equal to potions. I'm sure you'll say something retarded such as "Better be glad you're getting something", and although that may have been true during the time frame, now they are denying people legitimate compensation because you got a few reverse, note ​not timeless, reverse equipment. Oh and too sh`it all over my day, they give me scrolls that could possibly blow it up. How unreasonable is that when they have 100% gm scrolls and 100% potential scrolls?

2 years later they decide they should own up to and deny players like me who were entitled to some kind of answer, saying that the worthless sh`it they gave me a year ago, which isn't even equivalent to 1k worth of maple points is "Fair". I lost almost 40b worth of stuff because some guy managed to hijack my f`ucking connection because maplestory's f`ucking infrastructure is balls to the walls retarded. Yet people who lose not even 1/10th of what I did, are getting over 500k maple points, which quite frankly would compensate for only half my sh`it. But giving me untradeable gear that's inferior to anything that gachapon offers, then giving me scrolls with not only a failure rate, but a large one (30% specifically) is not only incompetent it's just crazy. They tried to save face to players like you, and it worked because the bigger picture to majority of the community is commonly overlooked.

Nexon is a business, not a charity, they should appreciate the player who do spend money, they don't they take your money and act like you're just going to be replaced tomorrow.

Back when I played they did ruin your gameplay, they determine what you did or not. Is it the same now? I don't know, I long let go of this game, I still have like 10b left over but it's worthless nowadays. But let me tell you what the hackers did change for your generation. They made nexon not confront the problem but try to slow it down by releasing cash shop items that would balance it. Instead it gave hackers more incentive to focus on NX rather than meso. So now you have this huge damage gap from someone who's just starting to what we have now. Potential was supposed to wall hackers, but MTS made it so they turned it into a gold mine.

The game vs real life argument is just as retarded. Stooping to that is childish because this isn't a life or death situation, this is a common complaint and issue within the game. Pretending it doesn't exist because it doesn't directly affect you as much as it did me, is in fact just playing dumb. And I can guarantee you spent money on this game, no matter how much you deny it, it's either you spend a ridiculous amount of time (8-12 hours) trying to make a decent amount of nx, or you spend 2 hours of minimum wage. Which ones sounds less stupid?

Basil is also a big supporter of hackers, otherwise their ss' wouldn't be flooding the site nor would their opinions. I forgot that one Nightlords name but he would literally post "I hack and you're jealous", the comment wouldn't even be moderated, and it was very common. He started flame wars on that site that I couldn't even bother with because they were so arrogant. Plus I knew the guy and I knew his real life situations, it ain't pretty to put it bluntly.

6. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

There is infinite room for Nexon to improve, if only because hackers will always find a way to exploit the game. That said, there are things they really could stand to see some improvement on, like customer service.

They really don't seem to care much about issues that hurt the game, unless those issues would involve them losing money. They take months to fix small bugs, or half a year to fix CWKPQ, but it takes them an hour if cubes aren't working or an item isn't listed in the Cash Shop? Please.

I'm not sure what they do with all the feedback on their forum threads either... they've had that "High Leveled Content" thread open for months, but we haven't seen GM's come and talk about responses they've seen.

I'm not fond of them "sweetening the deal" with programs like the BigWigs either. That program really ended up ticking me off a bit.

That all said, they do respond to hacking tickets faster then they did, which is nice. I've seen a few people come back just because their tickets were answered.

7. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Wasn't that Evan of yours permanently banned for something involving empress?

8. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

I'm pretty sure empress at one point did permanently ban players in error like pink bean did, correct me if I'm wrong
    M

9. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

I'm not an expert on how databases work, Far from it but to my knowledge the unique ID shouldn't change, ever. only in the case of fusing where a brand new item is created anyway.

Also, I know we're speculating but any more than casual player of the past 2 years can usually spot a duped item. Made even more simple when it's tagged by the duper himself. To me this confirms that either;-

a. Nexon doesn't care about super powered items becoming the norm

b. Nexon doesn't engage with it's community enough to spot who is hacking, what's being duped, what glitches are open.

This is pretty much my only qualms with Nexon currently. The rest is mostly the community itself.

10. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Let me tell you this. They are improving but they are no where near the level of support/maintenance that they should be of a company their size. They don't care because they don't need to. Why locate resources to fixing these issues when they see no decrease in revenue. Nexon knows the issues of this game. The simply choose to ignore them.

11. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Severe, common misconception here. That people tend to make a lot. The game isn't free out of charity, Free players contribute to the success of a game in a indirect manner. They provide population and life to a game that helps keep *paying* players around. Via having more people to play with or contribute to the ingame economy. A low population can really hurt the ability to retain paying players in different ways, the F2P model helps defend against that.

Most people think they're free-loading, they're not. a F2P player contributes to Nexon's financial success. It may go over your head, but it DOES benefit them to not lose them OR paying customers.

Not in ToS? You're exaggerating his point to pretend you have a point, what Nexon puts in its ToS has NOTHING to do with what paying customers should have a mind to do with their money; there's no reason they need to just 'take what they're given'.

Also, I can think of 2 games that are F2P this very moment that have provided better attention to issues. And yes, I did in fact quit for one of them. Since usually the lame response at this point is 'why do you still post then', simple: I check to see if the game is worthy of my spare time again, an opportunity NEXON should be grateful for. Not vice versa. And on that note, there are people on this forum that have observed other Nexon games getting better service in some shape or form. So there does lie some implied evidence that Nexon IS capable of better with Maple Story.

The ONLY factor that could logically and acceptably deter any improvement to the game that is UNKNOWN is if the improvement would actually cost Nexon more in the long run than it stands to GAIN from doing so. They're missing my money right now, that's for sure.

Ever seen a member of a LHC party get kicked for someone with OP damage that admits to using duped gear? There's a case of someone else being affected by duped gear.

Got good gear, but still got KSed by someone with duped gear? whoops, someone just got affected. Perhaps if it wasn't around, that same player wouldn't have been able to pull it off.

Have you seen duped gear flood the FM? Causing normally enchanted equips to take a nosedive in value/price? There's another case of players being affected by duped gear. Cause now the player's gear has to COMPETE ECONOMICALLY with gear that it technically SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO COMPETE WITH. That is the main issue.

Yes it makes things cheaper, know what else making things cheaper does? reduces the price of everything in the same category as what's being duped due to superiority and availibility.

In other words, yeah a lot of people can't MAKE as meso at the same time the market deflates something. hacked nisrocks? More power for every- wait i can't afford it cause it killed the price/demand of bows i was trying to sell. Scrolls got duped? Oh Ya- wait i just got those same scrolls in gacha now they're worth crap after all the money spent.

Yeah no, the 'they make things cheaper' DOES affect normal players by screwing over just as many as it benefits, it just goes over your head sadly.

12. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Honestly, Nexon has no reason to become competent.

No matter what they might pineapple up, more people are always joining than leaving, more people are spending thousands of dollars these days than people who aren't

Nexon has nothing to worry about, they're not losing subscribers (Assuming you can call those who buy ridiculous amounts of NX that), they're not losing members on a broader scale and for as long as people continue to play their game, they'l continue to give half a pomegranate about it. People have to remember Nexon is a business and business' aim to make money.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Whats better not losing paying customers or getting more paying customers?

14. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Nexon doesn't lose paying customers, the people who pay to have more mesos and better equips take advantage of nexons incompitence. Duped equips? They buy em. Bug in the game? They buy the exploited items.

Therefore it's not a question of what's better, they get both in the long run.

15. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

Actually, I'm not sure about more people coming than leaving... but maybe it's just me. I'm seeing this server ally hemorrhaging players.

Anyone have statistics on GMS's playerbase?

16. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

It goes up and down, but I have seen more activity lately than during the past 6 months. Hard to say if it is because of new players or returning ones, but it does not really make any practical difference.

17. Neutron Female
    California

I don't even have the slightest idea about IDs, but anyway. They're already making super powered classes and releasing super powered equips (tyrant equips)... it was eventually going to happen. It's just more people have access than there should be, like tyrant equips should be from killing magnus only, not sold by dupers. :P

Looks like they're starting to engage with the community through their official forums, I remember a thread asking for map names which are usually filled with botters.

18. Default Re: Nexon's competency/quality level the past few months

With this logic cops should stop seizing drugs and guns because "someone has worked hard on and paid for" them.

19. Neutron Female
    California

Because drugs and guns are on par with virtual items, okay.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Of course I wouldn't be happy if Nexon wouldn't be careful in deleting just the illegit stuff, but again, I'd be cool with it only if there's no other way to get rid of them (and I'm sure there is). You know what else people pay money for? Obtaining/scrolling/cubing legit items. Yep, those items that tend to become worthless when sexier duped versions of themselves make the legit ones worthless. So even if Nexon's incompetency make a few of my legit items fall by the wayside with all of the illegit ones, that would even it out for me in a sense.
    You're correct, a unique ID should never change. I actually do have some experience with databases (SQL SELECT) and it's obvious to me Nexon's data quality is pure crap. I think it was @Eos who has worked quite extensively with Nexon data and I think he said something to the effect of Nexon items actually having NO ID whatsoever in data, let alone a unique ID/GUID...lol.

@Seanny
    I concur, what you're saying is completely accurate. People think they can just squeeze the game as much as they want to like a sponge to get whatever they can, not caring that all that dirty water falling by the wayside affects everything and everyone around them.

It is true that duping helps poor players obtain items they otherwise would never dream of and for a relatively cheap price. But what about the hard-earned items of the rich legit players (which actually took REAL money and REAL effort to create)? Those legit items are worth crap now because of the abundance of illegit counterparts for a cheap price. Should legit players resort to buying the duped/hacked sexier versions? Some already have done so, and I can't blame them since nothing was done for so long. But I choose not buy duped crap because that's only gonna help hackers.

I can't help but to compare the duping situation to ...you-guessed-it... Occupy Wall Street. In OWS, a good portion of the protestors wanted free crap handed to them without working for it. They'd rather go out and protest all the injustices of the rich instead of actually looking for a job and trying to make useful contributions to society. Cheating players who have no problems with duped crap flooding the market and ruining the economy seem quite similar in the sense that they want free crap, or nearly free crap, without working for it. What they fail to acknowledge is that those 'rich' they're protesting or condemning are the ones who are responsible for stabilizing the economy, and managing the workforce. Now I'm not saying there aren't corrupt businessmen, because there are and it is a problem, but to generalize all businessmen as bad and blame them for one's own incompetence/shortcomings is low and taking the easy way out.

In maple, the game itself wouldn't even exist if legit players haven't spent hundreds on NX since the first days of MS becoming public. After dupes/hacked item generation became so commonplace, those hard-working rich legit players, aren't so rich anymore, now aren't they? So should those legits take the easy road and start taking advantage of illegit things? It probably makes sense to, but I'm sure some (probably a small portion, including myself) have enough sense not to because we still have principles/morals, even if it is 'just a game'. Saying dupes/hacks do no harm to those players, and anyone, is completely dumb and ignorant. That is all...sorry for wall of text LOL.