I was personally a bit pleasantly surprised at how Nexon started doing their business the past couple of months. It was enough to sucker me back into playing the game again. And then, it hit me that as progressive as they've been lately, I think it won't get any better than that, and that's a major problem. Here's some good and bad things I've noticed:
1. Removed MTS (aka 'the hacker's playground').
2. Merged servers.
3. 'Kind of' fixed duping..temporarily (more on this in the 'Bad' section).
4. Gave us a Q&A interview (more on this in the 'Bad' section).
5. Started answering tickets faster...albeit temporarily (more on this in the 'Bad' section).
6. Got rid of the Decent skill glitch.
1. While they 'fixed' the main method of duping, I'm hearing about more and more things being duped in other ways lately, so dupes are still a problem. I was looking for Nexon to be more aggressive with people who use duped items and still have not seen it, especially with 2x attack duped equips being around and things like duped elemental staves being around (at least make the staves untradeable). What's the point of making things like GMs untradeable since hackers will just use them on weapons/etc and then sell those weapons? GMs should have been completely wiped.
2. The interview answers they gave us showed how uninformed/apathetic they are towards their own game. At this point, this is pathetic.
3. A bit too selective about which tickets they answer. A temporary boost in some tickets they answered isn't worthy of much praise.
4. This one is most important to me....NO GM presence... still. When there's an abundance of botted items all over fm shops, you know for sure GMs aren't doing their jobs, regardless of fancy 'banned' lists.
5. They still take FOREVER to fix glitches. Yet they're very quick when it comes to cash-shop-related things...
Poll: rate Nexon's current quality/competency.