Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Wouldn't it be funny if she was some original class that was awesome?

2. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Even if you did every single event for Rose every day you'd still need 5 days at least for 500 Maple points and you only get to use one character, but that's not the main point. The main point is that it gives no EXP (Er...1 EXP per monster) and no mesos and disconnecting even once means you can say bye bye to your Rose.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Not only are these problems...not problems, you're failing at disuading me from wanting this.

4. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

What makes you think we'd get the same conversion rates as them?

For the little things it'd be no problem, I guess, but when you look at cubes, shielding wards, etc, it'd take a month or more of work to achieve.

At 5 days for 500 MP, it's basically 100 MP/day. So for example, I wanna super cube my weapon, that's 2.7k Cash, assuming 1 MP = 1 Cash like 1 MP = 1 NX for us, that's like a month of work, PSoK? 15k Cash, 150 days, doing every single event every day. Shielding Ward? 42k Cash, 420 days, over a year for one of them.

Well, yeah, it's free Maple Points, but look at all the slaving you have to do to get one measly item.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Nothing is making me think that, because the localization doesn't matter. This system is what it is, and it's something maplestory in general needs. Speed or feasibility doesn't matter.

6. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I'd rather have no means of getting free profit other than spending at least a week to make at least 700 MP maximum, the latter makes virtually no profit.

7. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I agree that this is what Maplestory needs, but this isn't exactly efficient enough to warrant a "want" from me.

I wouldn't mind them improving it though, and for the love of God expand the new area instead of making it essentially a permanent event map.

8. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Are you serious? I mean do you train at the best spot you can find or do you go out of the way to some 1exp per kill area to train? Last I check, all high levels are camping PQ and doing boss run because training isn't that feasible anymore. So yes such system is appreciated, if and only if it is feasible.

If feasibility isn't what matters, then I dunno what is. Whats the point of collecting such little maplepoint when you could have use that time invested to earn real money and easily buy much more maplepoints.

9. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Exactly this. I understand the intent and I think it's good, but the conversion rate and the fact that you actually have to be > 120 to even get an average amount of Rose makes this whole process self-defeating. I also quote a previous example where I'd have to work roughly 10 days doing all the events before I'd have enough to even top up my 880 MP from previous events, which really shows that this is akin to hitting Snails to level up.

I would vastly prefer that they just remove the cash system if it means letting us exchange Rose for things like Fairy's Pendants for less points. I think it's something like > 10 days work for a 3 day pendant, currently.
    Last edited by Curtiss; 2012-09-08 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Quoteception, accidentally typed reply in quote.

10. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

As someone who can't "buy" NX or pretty much anything online, I'd appreciate some means to get free NX, even if it's slow. MTS was great (for me at least). I don't think some quests for 100 Maple Points daily will hurt.

GMS recently introduced BigWig, which gave me some Maple Points and I really liked it.

11. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Not just some quests. Some quests, some random tower thingy and a freaking 20-wave defence minigame that culminates in a fight against a Lv200 boss.

All that every single day for about 100 maplepoints.

12. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I understand it's very boring and time–consuming. But still, free Maple Points is free Maple Points. You can choose to get them or not, and its existence doesn't really hurt.

13. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

You are almost right, except the maple points ain't really "free". Anyway that just goes to show how bad asiasoft is. They could have those stuff giving exp equivalent to training(which thereby they are really giving out free maple point) instead of setting the exp to a big fat 0 1.

In short, this is just another event with really pathetic reward that almost nobody in the right mind will do it. The opportunity cost is too high.

14. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I think you're all missing what Takebacker is saying.

He's not suggesting this is a great event that deserves huge adoration or applause. He's saying it's better than nothing, and there's no arguing that.

15. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

If nexon release a lv 10 area, it is better then nothing? Last I noticed, almost everyone over here at SP agree that we have too many low lv area and do not need such new areas. And we too agree such stuff isn't better then nothing since it is the equivalent of nothing.

Lets us revisit the Jett topic. Having Jett is better then nothing? At least Jett is OP. Imagine nexon copy paste and yet Jett is underpowered. Just how many is going to take a look at something totally unoriginal and at the same time, is worse off then the originals.

16. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I don't typically use this term but: FACEPALM.

None of those are even a little related or comparable to what Takebacker (or myself, now) are talking about. It's about getting Maple Points in game. And when the only alternative is to spend real money, any in-game event to get them is BETTER THAN NOTHING.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I agree with Sarah. No matter how difficult, time consuming or 'worth it' this content is still a way to get Maple Points in game.

18. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

Not sure if you are clear about what is going on over the discussion here or not. Guess you didn't read and just jump in straight.

35k rose for 500 maple points. 500 maple points is SGD $0.50 Feel free to convert that to your currency to appreciate how much the 500 maple point is worth. Oh and miracle cube cost 1900 @cash/maple points iirc.

Unless you happen to be like Tukkun and is unable to purchase @cash due to some sort of restriction, I do not see why you are unable to earn that $0.50

This has nothing to do with wanting to spend real money on maplestory or not, it is about opportunity cost.

Edit: For those that still dun get it, it is more "worth it" to just buy @cash then invest the time "farming" for your "free" maple points.

19. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest

I read it, but not everyone in the world has the means to buy @cash or NX, and for those already playing the game it's an alternative, it doesn't matter how little it gives because it's still better than nothing.

20. Default Re: [MapleSEA] Exclusive patch : The Enchanted Forest Patch notes

Many old events including the Miwok event.